Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 05:22 AM

287 posts, read 326,998 times

Advertisements

The elementary school I went to had single bathrooms attached to each classroom as well as traditional men's and women's bathrooms in the hallways. In college I was in a co-ed dorm, one wing men and the other women. First weekend there we had a hall party and I was shocked to see women going in and out of the men's room rather than head over to their wing and use the women's room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 05:41 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Aren't you just a little bit jealous that we can pee standing up?
Females can pee standing up also with or without a "device": GoGirl So, no reason for anyone to be jealous there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
A little lady should never be forced to poop in a room that a boy can walk in to at any moment. It's undignified for all involved.
I wonder how comfortable a male will be when the girls talk about their period in detail? And, yes, some girls in elementary school have physically matured to that level. Actually, with a male in the bathroom with me, I would make a point of bringing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What am I missing here? HE is a male. HE identifies as a male. HE has long hair...so what?. HE prefers feminine clothing...so what? HE IS A BOY BY HIS OWN ADMISSION...HE goes into the boys room.

WHERE IS THE CONFUSION? What does long hair and a pink top have to do with pooping and peeing?
Well, if you just accept that he is a boy and he thinks he is a boy, that is not news worthy. I don't even understand "feminine" clothing since so much clothing is unisex now anyway, even in color.

I see a lot of more "feminine" colored and "softer" styles being worn by some men and they look plenty good in those clothes and like a man and same with the women wearing clothing a little more masculine.

If technology failed and the grid went down today, mankind would be better off in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyforprez View Post
The elementary school I went to had single bathrooms attached to each classroom as well as traditional men's and women's bathrooms in the hallways. In college I was in a co-ed dorm, one wing men and the other women. First weekend there we had a hall party and I was shocked to see women going in and out of the men's room rather than head over to their wing and use the women's room.
Same type of elementary set-up, school built in 1960 with me. When I went to basic training, some of the girls were horrified at having to take showers, usually 3 to a stall because of limited time and had trouble making an adjustment to that. Boy, have things changed when it comes to expectations of what one has to put up with because one person out of thousands is confused about which restroom/locker room they need to use. Let's clear that up, it is based on your genitals, a visual thing. It is something that can be verified by looking not by years of psychological evaluation.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:01 AM

174 posts, read 124,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As a teacher, I am a HUGE fan of bathrooms attached to each classroom. The number of discipline problems it eliminates is incredible.

Agreed. The way it is now, students going to the bathroom is way too long a process. Attach them to the classroom, no need to ask to use, no interruption for the teacher.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:12 AM

443 posts, read 437,878 times
My child's school requires that the students go to the restroom in pairs (maybe it's just the younger grades?) so I wonder how this would work. What are the chances that there'd be two transgender children in a class?

I would just leave the bathrooms the way they are and then maybe have a single stall, private bathroom for transgender kids. Of course, my first choice would be a bathroom attached to the classroom but I haven't seen those around since I was in kindergarten.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:26 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
All to keep 8 students in an elementary school (k-5) "happy".
No, just to keep the liberal minded wackos happy trying to appease a miniscule amount of people.
I now they estimate about 2% of the population is homosexual, but presumably trannys are even a greater minority than that.
Yet the PC crowd want all of society to alter the way we live, teach our kids, and even effect how we go to the bathroom.
I'd bet dollars to donuts if you polled every man, woman, and child (including homos) they would be for normal male/female bathrooms.
Heck I am not a woman, but I'd bet they would not want their bathrooms (which are always cleaner) sullied up by a bunch of pigs making it smell horrible.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:26 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,099,388 times
Any reason to think these are large gender neutral bathrooms? I think they were click-bait trolling and these are single restrooms with a door. One person at a time. This is far superior unless you are a social crapper. Few people want to take a poop next to 5 other people regardless of their gender.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:29 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Yet another reason to send kids to private schools.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:35 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,767,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Cause Single User Bathroom will use probably 3-4 times as much space as a Group one?
Having just gone through a design/build on a large public building...
The large public bathrooms have pretty much the same number of stalls per space as the single bathrooms. The huge difference is that the large public bathrooms can also have changing tables, showers, and other facilities that the single bathrooms have to be much larger to accommodate.
(But not sure how many changing tables middle schools and high schools are going to be carrying, and showers should be in the gym space at a school instead of the bathrooms like in other public buildings.)

Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
Never mind once the west has been taken over by the muslims they won't put up with this S**t.
In fact, Iran Ayatollahs declared transsexualism to be not a sin (it has been never mentioned in Qur'an as a sin, that's it). So, it's state-supported and quite normal medical condition which is totally acceptable for them. Apparently, Allah hates only gays and lesbians, not those who want to cross sex boundaries.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:53 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes exactly and all for PC crap!!

Totally bloody ridiculous!!
I suppose you're aware that it took "P/C crap" to FINALLY abolish separate bathrooms, drinking fountains and even entire schools for certain races also?

C'mon now let's at least attempt to keep some rational perspective to this issue.

The sky is not falling. Little Judy is not going to get groped BECAUSE transgenders are accommodated somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events