Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 02:56 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,323,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Thanks for the update, TWW.

Are the other clerks not issuing marriage licenses due to religious beliefs, or because they're afraid of incurring the wrath of Ms. Davis?
As they might say in Rowan County... I don't rightly know!

Deputy clerk Mason said that he volunteered to sign all the licenses so that no one else would have to, so it could be a combination of things. Anyway, DCC Mason seems to be a pretty decent guy all around. He chose to uphold the law, he's stepped up for his co-workers, and now he's insuring that those who were issued licenses were issued lawful one's. Now this is a guy who deserves an $80,000 a year government job.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:53 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,488,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
As they might say in Rowan County... I don't rightly know!

Deputy clerk Mason said that he volunteered to sign all the licenses so that no one else would have to, so it could be a combination of things. Anyway, DCC Mason seems to be a pretty decent guy all around. He chose to uphold the law, he's stepped up for his co-workers, and now he's insuring that those who were issued licenses were issued lawful one's. Now this is a guy who deserves an $80,000 a year government job.
Absolutely! Hope Mason runs in the next election and wins. Time to stop handing down this job to the Davis' and give it to someone who takes seriously their oath to uphold the law.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:07 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,214 times
Now she says Pope told her "stay strong"

She's also wondering "why her"

“I was humbled to meet Pope Francis,” she said in a statement. “Of all people, why me?”
She added: “I never thought I would meet the Pope. Who am I to have this rare opportunity? I am just a County Clerk who loves Jesus and desires with all my heart to serve him.”

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis says she met privately with Pope Francis - The Washington Post

BTW- I had a private conversation with pope as well. Ask their spokespersons

Old 09-30-2015, 08:10 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Now she says Pope told her "stay strong"

She's also wondering "why her"

“I was humbled to meet Pope Francis,” she said in a statement. “Of all people, why me?”
She added: “I never thought I would meet the Pope. Who am I to have this rare opportunity? I am just a County Clerk who loves Jesus and desires with all my heart to serve him.”

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis says she met privately with Pope Francis - The Washington Post

BTW- I had a private conversation with pope as well. Ask their spokespersons
Somehow … I do not believe her ...

Old 10-01-2015, 07:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Somehow … I do not believe her ...
I'm pretty sure that it's been confirmed though still . . . all quiet on the pope front. He ain't talking.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:14 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Apparently those beliefs didn't prevent her from getting married four times and having babies with a bunch of different men. And those beliefs didn't prevent her from accepting a job that she is apparently unable to perform.

She needs to resign. If you can't do you job, resign. She apparently is unable to distinguish between civil marriage (a nonreligious contract between two people) and religious marriage, so if she's that stupid, she's probably unfit for any type of employment.
Take the plank out of your own eye first.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:19 AM

244 posts, read 248,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm pretty sure that it's been confirmed though still . . . all quiet on the pope front. He ain't talking.
I suppose the Pope is as familiar as anyone with "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's" so it would be more than a little disappointing if he encouraged her workplace bigotry. On the other hand, ministering to the dregs of humanity is what the Pope does and Ms. Davis is one of the dreggiest, so in that respect the meeting was probably unremarkable.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:38 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,809,462 times
It's OK - the rules don't apply to her.

Quote:
The Kentucky attorney general's office says a county clerk who went to jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples has violated the state's Open Records Act.

In an opinion Tuesday, the attorney general's office said Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis violated the act by refusing to produce documents related to the gay marriage battle.
Attorney general: Clerk Kim Davis violated Open Records Act - Winston-Salem Journal

Old 07-05-2016, 06:15 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
she's a nasty, filthy puke!!

Old 07-05-2016, 11:25 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,706,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
she's a nasty, filthy puke!!
calling her puke is insulting puke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events