Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 05:24 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,523,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
you're only saying that because you don't agree with what she's done.
Not exactly, while I don't agree with what she has done, but hair that long on a woman her age looks horrible and makes you look older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
The fact that she's been married 4 times speaks volumes. She's probably an absolute b____ in real life, and must've turned to religion thinking it would negate her wrongdoings of the past.
You can see just by her demeanor she is a real b**ch.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:25 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,578,695 times
I noticed how huckabee couldn't wait to get included in the photos and videos of Davis being released. He hasn't got a snowballs chance of winning. Hope this woman keeps her head down and let's her office do their job.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:28 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
You could argue that but it is factually incorrect to claim

"And those beliefs didn't prevent her from accepting a job that she is apparently unable to perform".
She had to run for re-election last year. She knew it was coming.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:29 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,124,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Not exactly, while I don't agree with what she has done, but hair that long on a woman her age looks horrible and makes you look older.

You can see just by her demeanor she is a real b**ch.
I would love to hear what her 3? 4? ex husbands have to say about her.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:35 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Classy.

Yes, but she shouldn't have to throw her religious liberty out the window when 2 gay guys step into the office. She has a right to sincere religious objection. What should happen here is that the state should remove her from the list of those issuing marriage licenses. There is a provision in Kentucky law for religious objections and their accommodation.

Being Liberal means being tolerant of others... unless you disagree with them, right? Then its open season on them and you are free to mock, denigrate, shame and berate them, right? How tolerant.

Stay classy.
All she had to do was allow her clerk's to issue the licenses; she refused to do that as well. She had a way out and she refused to take it.

She can believe anything she wants; that's her right. but it is not her right to deny marriage licenses to every taxpayer in her county.

And I also believe she is being used as a pawn by the Center for Religious Freedom or whatever her Attorney's are. I know they are busy collecting money on all this.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:37 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,348,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I noticed how huckabee couldn't wait to get included in the photos and videos of Davis being released. He hasn't got a snowballs chance of winning. Hope this woman keeps her head down and let's her office do their job.
You can only imagine the atmosphere in that office IF she returns there..and still refuses..which she will..and just wonder IF she will impose her will once again of her Deputies..Or will it be tracking normal marriages to her and her son..and let the other five continue on?? THAT's the question....Boy YOU KNOW WHAT will hit the fan, IF she once again interferes with the "Court Order" and forbids her staff from comporting to that order!!!!!

She's certainly not someone ( who skated in on her mother's legacy of office) who I would respect..Course that's just me. I'm betting a dollar ( LOL Canadian dollar worth about 75 cents) Those out there backing her are NOT local folks..I would love for someone to actually take a census of those extreme thinking "Christians"?? I'm also wondering how many out of towner's would be there if some elected official who say happen to be gay or Agnostic or even Muslin did the SAME thing?? Believe me..It's obvious..It's Extreme ( and I mean EXTREME) folks who are playing the victim game..and attempting to use politics to gain fame!! Next we'll hear that the poor Davis clan have been threatened ..Kind of the go to claim when losing the Public opinion battle!! ( won't even mention the legal battle right now!!)

Old 09-08-2015, 05:48 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,119,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I think that her being released just hours before the rally threw a big monkey wrench in his "free Kim Davis" party.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:49 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,458,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I think that her being released just hours before the rally threw a big monkey wrench in his "free Kim Davis" party.
That *was* pretty clutch timing ... ahahahaha

Old 09-08-2015, 05:49 PM

769 posts, read 776,513 times
Her first three marriages were Christian marriages. She was a Christian since childhood.

She just became a member of an Apostolic cult with husband #4/#2

I'm amazed how some accept this silly "born again" excuse and pretend that she was an atheist or some non Christian before and therefore her moral compass was reset and that somehow makes it ok.

It's so childish.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:51 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,458,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
I'm amazed how some accept this silly "born again" excuse and pretend that she was an atheist or some non Christian before and therefore her moral compass was reset and that somehow makes it ok.

It's so childish.
Right? As I said earlier, if that's the case, can't she just ask for forgiveness again, and Etch-A-Sketch away God's so-called judgement of her for following the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events