Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 11:39 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren44 View Post
yeah sure thats what he should be getting introuble for..Failure to file paperwork.

Why would anyone attack a so called "Perp" with so much force just for a non violent credit card fraud crime? Why? Oh yeah, because most cops are power hungry douche bags who get off on abusing their power and dominating civilians and taking their emotional problems out on the public. You get a cop that got into a fight with his girlfriend a few hours before his shift and now his whole shift his taking it out on the unsuspecting public.
Hey Warren thanks for your information. You know as much of what was going on with this cop before his shift as much as you do NYPD steroid policy.......NOTHING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 11:44 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,019 times
Quote:

“I don’t think this person should ever have a badge or a gun again,” Blake,
35, said a day after surveillance video of the arrest outside a Manhattan hotel
— and details about previous complaints over the officer’s use of force — became
public.

“I don’t think it’s too much to ask,” he said.

Blake, who had been ranked as high as No. 4 in the world before retiring
after the 2013 U.S. Open, was misidentified by a cooperating witness as being
part of a scheme to sell fraudulently purchased merchandise when he was tackled,
police have said.

The arresting officer, James Frascatore, who has been with the NYPD for four
years, has been named in several civil rights lawsuits alleging excessive force.
He has also been the subject of four civilian complaints — an above-average
number for NYPD officers, according to complaint data.

“I think that that kind of police officer tarnishes the badge, which I have
the utmost respect for and I believe that the majority of police officers do
great work and they’re heroes,” Blake told the AP. “So this person doesn’t ever
belong in the same sentence with the heroes that are doing the right kind of
police work and keeping the public safe.”
Ex-tennis star James Blake wants NYC officer fired after wrongful takedown | WTNH Connecticut News

BBM

CCRB complaints on this detective is above average. So I believe his man doesn't get it and his abhorrent behavior.

I agree with James Blake and hope he gets that accomplished.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:44 AM

29 posts, read 22,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Hey Warren thanks for your information. You know as much of what was going on with this cop before his shift as much as you do NYPD steroid policy.......NOTHING!
Well consider your self lucky you retired before it got really bad to be a cop, because pigs like him are the reason people are shooting cops at random. They are tyrants who need to be made an example of one way or another.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:46 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howest2008

howest2008.....

Funny that the " Chief of NYPD " isn't saying this , and the Mayor of New York City. Funny how some nobody retired Cop can speak for these people isn't it. Well if it's simply training let somebody with some " Authority " hurry up and say so......I'm Waiting !!!!!!

I'm not naïve enough to take you at your " word " , " some Big Wigs " need to speak and clear the air. I'm waiting with baited breathe chomping at the bit to hear what the Mayor and Chief of Police NYPD has to say about this sordid
matter....lollllllll......
Quote:
They wont say a word against Mayor Wilhelm. Do that and they can say goodbye to their careers!!!!
I'm not anti LEO..... ( Law Enforcement Officers ) my Brother is a Captain in a Police Department in a Large American City. I know how law enforcement works in the protection of their LEO , but this guy is way over the edge and something has to be done. If Blake were Caucasian and his Civil Rights were violated in the same matter , heads would roll from a Nation Wide Movement to stop Police Abuse of POWER.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I'm not anti LEO..... ( Law Enforcement Officers ) my Brother is a Captain in a Police Department in a Large American City. I know how law enforcement works in the protection of their LEO , but this guy is way over the edge and something has to be done. If Blake were Caucasian and his Civil Rights were violated in the same matter , heads would roll from a Nation Wide Movement to stop Police Abuse of POWER.
Actually you are wrong on that one as well. If he was white no one would care. Only black lives matter. Actually to prove my point whites are killed more often by police than blacks but you never hear a peep about white lives do you?

Old 09-16-2015, 12:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howest2008
I'm not anti LEO..... ( Law Enforcement
Officers ) my Brother is a Captain in a Police Department in a Large American
City. I know how law enforcement works in the protection of their LEO , but this
guy is way over the edge and something has to be done. If Blake were
Caucasian and his Civil Rights were violated in the same matter ,
heads would roll from a Nation Wide Movement to stop Police Abuse of
POWER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r[B
etiredcop[/b]111;41223564]Actually you are wrong on that one as well. If he was white no one would care. Only black lives matter. Actually to prove my point whites are killed more often by police than blacks but you never hear a peep about white lives do you?

No I'm not America have a Caucasian Majority which explains why more whites are killed by LEO's ( Blacks make up a mere 13% of America Population , however the Caucasian killed by LEO usually deserved to be killed , or handled in the fashion that they are handled. When IRAN Kidnapped the American Hostages , America was on the verge of going to War For A Hand Full Of Caucasian , and if a Hand Full Of Whites Can Justify Going To WAR WHITE LIFES MATTER MORE THAN BLACK LIFES......LOLLLLLLLL.....

Old 09-16-2015, 03:44 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
NYPD union leader calls those who question Blake's arrest 'un-American'.

Quote:
It is mystifying to all police officers to see pundits and editorial writers whose only expertise is writing fast-breaking, personal opinion, and who have never faced the dangers that police officers routinely do, come to instant conclusions that an officer’s actions were wrong based upon nothing but a silent video. That is irresponsible, unjust and un-American. Worse than that, your uninformed rhetoric is inflammatory and only serves to worsen police/community relations.
PBA Press Releases

Got that? Question law enforcement and you hate America...

As it is said, professing patriotism as an excuse - or denying it in those one opposes - is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:47 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
NYPD union leader calls those who question Blake's arrest 'un-American'.

PBA Press Releases

Got that? Question law enforcement and you hate America...

As it is said, professing patriotism as an excuse - or denying it in those one opposes - is the last refuge of the scoundrel.
It takes a HUGE set of balls to demand due process when they don't even offer that to their victims.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:56 PM

Well unfortunately to the press and the people on city data that want this cop fired they will have to wait. The cop is off of probation. First he has to be interviewed by IAB and CCRB. Then I am sure this cop will receive department charges. However that wont be for months. Then several months later he will be offered a department plea bargain. If he doesn't accept that he goes to department trial. You are looking at 18 months to two years and most likely he wont get fired anyway.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:08 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Well unfortunately to the press and the people on city data that want this cop fired they will have to wait. The cop is off of probation. First he has to be interviewed by IAB and CCRB. Then I am sure this cop will receive department charges. However that wont be for months. Then several months later he will be offered a department plea bargain. If he doesn't accept that he goes to department trial. You are looking at 18 months to two years and most likely he wont get fired anyway.
I agree, he won't be fired. That is not to say that I condone what he did, but it's reality. There are a number of legal protections for Police Officers and for an Officer to be terminated there pretty much has to be a criminal conviction. I've seen a number of Officers involved in shooting incidents where large civil awards were paid out to the victim's family and none of them were terminated. If people feel strongly enough about that they should take the issue to their state legislators, but honestly I don't think it will do much good; California has such a powerful law enforcement lobby that the the legislature can't even pass a bill establishing protocol for reviewing body cam video. I'm sure New York has similar laws regarding the rights of police officers, but here is a link to the California Peace Officers bill of rights
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events