Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 07:46 AM

32 posts, read 25,712 times

Advertisements

War Should Be the Last Option: Why I Support the Iran Nuclear Deal*|*Sen. Bernie Sanders

Quote:
It is my firm belief that the test of a great nation, with the most powerful military on earth, is not how many wars we can engage in, but how we can use our strength and our capabilities to resolve international conflicts in a peaceful way.
Quote:
The agreement calls for cutting off Iran's pathways to the fissile materials needed for a nuclear weapon by reducing its stockpile of uranium by 98 percent, and restricting the level of enrichment of uranium to well below the level needed for weaponized uranium. The agreement requires Iran to decrease the number of installed centrifuges by two-thirds, dismantle the country's heavy-water nuclear reactor so that it cannot produce any weapons-grade plutonium, and commit to rigorous monitoring, inspection, and verification by the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Bernie Sanders absolutely supports the Iran Nuclear Deal, speaking about America as a great nation that should prove it in a non- militant way.
He said right things that can not be ignored by human side of every one...
But in the same time, all positive that exist about this deal may turn to negative.

After sanctions will be lifted, Iran will become an economically strong country and will have an opportunities to strengthen its positions in the region...because the agreement does not include such kind of restrictions ... Israel worries about so much.
And we have no reasons to trust Iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 07:58 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times
Strange that he thinks the alternative to the treaty is going to war. Didn't Great Britain have a treaty with Hitler?

P.S. This thread should be in the Political forum.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
How does Bernie Sanders define war?

When Israel took out Iraq's nuclear site, was that considered war? If that is war, than Obama has started a few.

Iran got exactly what they wanted. This 'deal' accomplished nothing but the lifting of sanctions.

It was truly a horrible deal.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:03 AM

60 posts, read 81,798 times
Are you volunteering to enlist and be issued a rifle and parachute into Iran to fight?...if not you should be quiet about wanting war.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM

927 posts, read 968,549 times
All wars are based on lies and all of them should be avoided. This is my point of view. Negotiations are the only way to successfully resolve conflicts.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:19 PM

464 posts, read 451,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
All wars are based on lies and all of them should be avoided. This is my point of view. Negotiations are the only way to successfully resolve conflicts.
Exactly!! Iran deal is good provided they don't break it.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:44 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times
Quote:
I agree wars should be avoided as much as possible, but I would have to disagree that all wars are based on lies. Some are, but others are based on the two opponents having different opinions of factual circumstances. The American Revolutionary War: the Patriots wanted a greater say in taxation, England felt they could impose taxes however they wished.

Also, negotiations are not the only way conflicts are resolved. Often one party will back down, or circumstances will change and the problem will no longer require attention.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:01 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I agree wars should be avoided as much as possible, but I would have to disagree that all wars are based on lies.
Good point.

Quote:
The American Revolutionary War: the Patriots wanted a greater say in taxation, England felt they could impose taxes however they wished.
Really bad example.

The revolt against England was quite avoidable. There was significant sympathy within the government British Parliament for the grievances of American colonialist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_tax...representation

Old 09-11-2015, 02:42 AM

927 posts, read 968,549 times
I have a link to very good book written by David Swanson, it is worth reading or at least taking a good look at, it helped change my way of thinking. There are other really good books out there also that follow the same belief about how wars start in the first place and the consequences of engaging in them; never good at all.

War Is A Lie | Let's Try Democracy

Old 09-11-2015, 03:21 AM

7,647 posts, read 9,943,762 times
Quote:
Another successful way is to just kill all the enemy. Negociations at the end of a gun are usually effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events