Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 09:50 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,495,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
They are both assets with costs and benefits. The female soldier diminishes capabilities at a higher cost.This study conveniently demonstrates that for us.
LOL, you are funny. Female soldiers are not just assets. They are soldiers. Also you continue to ignore that females were recruited into the military before civil rights and have continued to serve honorably.

Quote:
point #2 is irrelevant to anything at hand and is ad hominem, you dont have anything better than that?
Point 2 is not irrelevant. Having never served in an infantry unit you carry many misconceptions and highlight things that I, having served in an infantry unit and having earned my Airborne and Air Assault wings, know.

It’s one thirty now on the strip
Chairborne daddy gonna take a little trip
Stand up, lock up, shuffle to the door
The club for lunch and home by four
If there’s something to decide
Close your door and try to hide
Every time you get a call
You’re out playing racquetball
First revise the SOP
Make a change in policy
Ours is not to wonder why
It’s written down in the LOI
God forbid we should go to war
All that paperwork would be a bore
Let me stay behind the desk
Anything’s better than the leaning rest
Chairborne Ranger, that’s what I am
One of a kind, I’m and AG man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 09:54 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,418,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
LOL, you are funny. Female soldiers are not just assets. They are soldiers. Also you continue to ignore that females were recruited into the military before civil rights and have continued to serve honorably.

Point 2 is not irrelevant. Having never served in an infantry unit you carry many misconceptions and highlight things that I, having served in an infantry unit and having earned my Airborne and Air Assault wings, know.

It’s one thirty now on the strip
Chairborne daddy gonna take a little trip
Stand up, lock up, shuffle to the door
The club for lunch and home by four
If there’s something to decide
Close your door and try to hide
Every time you get a call
You’re out playing racquetball
First revise the SOP
Make a change in policy
Ours is not to wonder why
It’s written down in the LOI
God forbid we should go to war
All that paperwork would be a bore
Let me stay behind the desk
Anything’s better than the leaning rest
Chairborne Ranger, that’s what I am
One of a kind, I’m and AG man
Female soldiers are assets, as are male soldiers. They need to be measured and recruited as such.

Which misconceptions? Could you cite one I have demonstrated? That their injury rate is shockingly high? That their wash out rate is high?

Old 09-12-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Infantry is the hardest branch to get for officers; everyone wants it because its the career fast track and because hooah. I'm not as sure about the enlisted side, but I've never gotten the impression that the core demographic of 19 year old high school high school graduates who were weaned on Call of Duty were shying away from combat roles.
Which is why females want the opportunities in the combat branches. Because you can only rise so high without combat branch or combat experience. Since we have females in the military we need parity, BY LAW.

I am not sure about now but Infantry has traditionally had a hard time filling quotas which is why if you flunk out of your MOS they reserve the right to make you infantry.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Female soldiers are assets, as are male soldiers. They need to be measured and recruited as such.

Which misconceptions? Could you cite one I have demonstrated? That their injury rate is shockingly high? That their wash out rate is high?
That accuracy is as important as you think it is for the average infantry soldier. I pointed it out before. And soldiers are not assets, which is why bean counters like you do not fight wars from their sofas.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Which is why females want the opportunities in the combat branches. Because you can only rise so high without combat branch or combat experience. Since we have females in the military we need parity, BY LAW.

I am not sure about now but Infantry has traditionally had a hard time filling quotas which is why if you flunk out of your MOS they reserve the right to make you infantry.
SO we ignore the consequences of integration? For justice? lol.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
That accuracy is as important as you think it is for the average infantry soldier. I pointed it out before. And soldiers are not assets, which is why bean counters like you do not fight wars from their sofas.
Who said I thought accuracy was excessively important? It was one of my many points that was demonstrated from the study, only brought up because of someones claim that women are better shooters which was demonstrated as false by this study. Accuracy is alot lower on the list than capability to carry heavy sh** and move, unfortunately that is where female injury rates skyrocket.

I am a shooter, my s/o is a shooter. At rest she can keep up no problem. Unsupported and fatigued? Not so much. Largely due to muscle mass and aerobic capacity issues

Have anything better?

Old 09-12-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
as·set
ˈaset/Submit
noun
a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:15 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times
Quote:
BBC NEWS | In Depth | How did rape become a weapon of war? Women's bodies have become part of the terrain of conflict, according to a new report by Amnesty International. Rape and sexual abuse are not just a by-product of war but are used as a deliberate military strategy, it says.
The opportunistic rape and pillage of previous centuries has been replaced in modern conflict by rape used as an orchestrated combat tool.
And while Amnesty cites ongoing conflicts in Colombia, Iraq, Sudan, Chechnya, Nepal and Afghanistan, the use of rape as a weapon of war goes back much further. Spoils of war? From the systematic rape of women in Bosnia, to an estimated 200,000 women raped during the battle for Bangladeshi independence in 1971, to Japanese rapes during the 1937 occupation of Nanking - the past century offers too many examples.
Excuse me, but where does it say that rape is a result of uncontrollable sexual urges which are an inevitable side effect of combat? Perhaps it's not so much that men can't control their 'passion' but rather that sexually violent males find military service attractive, because certainly not all men in combat commit rape. I think it's more complex than some of you would like to admit- but again I reiterate, this suggestion that men get sexually aroused just because of war is absurd, I think perhaps that is anecdotal evidence offered by men who drink too much beer during marathon Call of Duty sessions on their Xbox.

Rape during war is not inevitable and does not occur in all cultures, and the reason for rape and most sexual violence has little to do with sexual arousal and a great deal to do with power and control as evidenced by male rape in prison.
Why soldiers rape

Old 09-12-2015, 10:17 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times
Quote:
I am a shooter, my s/o is a shooter. At rest she can keep up no problem. Unsupported and fatigued? Not so much. Largely due to muscle mass and aerobic capacity issues
Have anything better?
Your partner can't keep up with you while shooting? Sounds like she would do well to hit the gym once in a while.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:17 AM

First I would like to point out that you never illustrated the point between spending on the F35 fighter and females in the military.
Quote:
SO we ignore the consequences of integration? For justice? lol.
No we address the consequences of women who have been integrated into our armed forces before integration was a movement. Women who were recruited into the armed forces, by the armed forces, for a reason. You keep ignoring a lot of things that are inconvenient to your little bean counting argument.

Quote:
Who said I thought accuracy was excessively important?
You keep bringing it up as if it is important. If you do not find it important why do you keep trying to use it? LOL

Quote:
It was one of my many points that was demonstrated from the study, only brought up because of someones claim that women are better shooters which was demonstrated as false by this study. Accuracy is alot lower on the list than capability to carry heavy sh** and move, unfortunately that is where female injury rates skyrocket.

See. Why are you so concerned with the accuracy of females. Sounds like someone is trying to use this study to justify some of their inadequacies.

Quote:

Have anything better?
You ignore what I have. Why would I bother to make better points? LOL I can have a better discussion with a brick wall. I can even find one that has served our country more than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events