Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 10:52 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Have you served? What was your MOS?
Have served and still serving in the Marine Corps.

Now explain to me how accuracy isn't important in combat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 10:56 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Have served and still serving in the Marine Corps.

Now explain to me how accuracy isn't important in combat.
Do you care if you hit with every bullet? Does it matter if you hit with the first bullet or the third bullet? What is your MOS?

Old 09-13-2015, 10:56 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
Quote:
I am talking US Army Infantry. You are talking Call Of Duty, movies and Cowboys and Indians.

You do not, and will not, understand what I am saying. I have no problem with that.

Have a nice day.
SO no more ACOGs? Guess we can reduce marksmanship training as well for infantry. Whats the worst that can happen?

Old 09-13-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Do you care if you hit with every bullet? Does it matter if you hit with the first bullet or the third bullet? What is your MOS?
No. I am not infantry. However, hitting your target is important. I dare you to go up to any infantry unit and ask if they would rather his or miss with their shots. Hitting your target is better then not hitting it. I really cannot imagine why you would possible think otherwise.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:59 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Grenada, the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beirut and a little thing called the Cold War that you may have heard of.

Also Stripes had a great influence on my young mind.
Grenada was little more than a single battle in the scope of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam etc. Were you deployed there? Beirut did not increase deployments. If anything it resulted in fewer. The cold war caused deployments to go up in Germany, England, South Korea, etc. Not the same as actual combat. I am not trying to diminish your service. I thank you for serving. I am just pointing out that you served at a time when having a significant number of personnel on board that could or would not serve in combat, did not make much of a difference to those that could and did.

So, you were influenced by an anti military spoof of the day?

Old 09-13-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
No. I am not infantry. However, hitting your target is important. I dare you to go up to any infantry unit and ask if they would rather his or miss with their shots. Hitting your target is better then not hitting it. I really cannot imagine why you would possible think otherwise.
I agree that you would rather hit your target but often you will be firing at targets you do not even see. That does not mean you are missing or that you should care if you do. You are missing the point. You do not understand. You are thinking COD I am thinking that I am part of a squad, platoon, battalion and that we are all firing at the enemy.

Sure you could take your time and carefully aim every shot and do that one shot, one kill BS or you can send 10 rounds down range which can hit and also have other effects.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Grenada was little more than a single battle in the scope of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam etc. Were you deployed there? Beirut did not increase deployments. If anything it resulted in fewer. The cold war caused deployments to go up in Germany, England, South Korea, etc. Not the same as actual combat. I am not trying to diminish your service. I thank you for serving. I am just pointing out that you served at a time when having a significant number of personnel on board that could or would not serve in combat, did not make much of a difference to those that could and did.
there were no women in my MOS. Yours? . . .

Old 09-13-2015, 11:05 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
Quote:
I agree that you would rather hit your target but often you will be firing at targets you do not even see. That does not mean you are missing or that you should care if you do. You are missing the point. You do not understand. You are thinking COD I am thinking that I am part of a squad, platoon, battalion and that we are all firing at the enemy.

Sure you could take your time and carefully aim every shot and do that one shot, one kill BS or you can send 10 rounds down range which can hit and also have other effects.
Why is it you are equating combat accuracy with one shot one kill? Nobody here has claimed that but you.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
SO no more ACOGs? Guess we can reduce marksmanship training as well for infantry. Whats the worst that can happen?
I am sorry your wife being a better marksman than you has blinded you to what I am speaking about.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Im not thinking COD. Im thinking what training has taught. Yes you can send 10 round down range and hit the target. Question is, why? Why waste the time and ammo when you can also do the same damage with one shot.

You are talking about suppressive fire. That is not all that combat is. Do you know what suppressive fire is? Its fire so that others can maneuver to get a better shot at the target. Do you know why they try to get a better shot? So they can hit the target.

Please. Find me anything that is written that states that it is not important to hit your target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events