Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 10:07 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
God help us if they are near a village with women living in it, huh?.
Rape is a pretty long standing reality of war. We have thankfully done alot to avoid it but it is still there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 10:11 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Rape is a pretty long standing reality of war. We have thankfully done alot to avoid it but it is still there.
Yeah, I mean we still blow people up, shoot them, bury them alive in rubble, maim them, but at least we're not raping them. That would be wrong.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:13 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I think this comment of yours: "war and rape go hand in hand" sort of explains what you are trying to say and I can't think of any response that I could make that would not get me in trouble here
First world views. Rape, murder and torture have been the tools of war since man decided to start killing each other.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
I think this comment of yours: "war and rape go hand in hand" sort of explains what you are trying to say and I can't think of any response that I could make that would not get me in trouble here
Reality is harsh. But don't worry your sleepy little head over it.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:40 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times
Ronda Rousey would "clean my clock" in very short order ...

Old 09-12-2015, 06:05 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I guess it's time for all female combat units. Right?
9-yr active duty female Marine veteran here. I think this is a great idea. They'd all cycle at the same time (eventually) and could be the best weapon the Marines have. But unconventional. They wouldn't fit into the same mold, thank God (literally).

I heard about this study and yet... political correctness is going to override the safety and effectiveness of our battle units? What female Marine really wants to be responsible for that?

The Marines train completely segregated and I hope they never change. It pushes all to focus and become better than they ever imagined. That's what we need for our military.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:09 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Yeah, I mean we still blow people up, shoot them, bury them alive in rubble, maim them, but at least we're not raping them. That would be wrong.
Don't be an idiot. There's a Code of Conduct. Rape has no place in war (or religion).

US Military women are raped by US Military men (or civilian contractors) in areas where they are supposed to be safe.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:51 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,945 times
Thank you all for chiming in about the reality of rape as one of the byproducts of war. It has been happening forever and it will always be thus. Millions of men have stated, "War is hell". It truly is. War brings out the worst in men. (But also the best, too.) Rape is a byproduct of "the worst" of what war brings to the surface and is often swept under the carpet when assessing what war does to humans. I link this to the elevated testosterone levels that vigorous physical endeavors are known to cause in men. Combine that with the base instinct for survival in a war situation and rape in wartime can be understood (not condoned, understood). Humans lose their civility under such conditions and a base savagery surfaces.

Back on topic - I agree with hunterseat - post above.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:55 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Women have been taking on combat roles all along despite your protests. I am sorry you feel the need to insult females fighting for your freedom. You can find all sorts of studies, but it still doesn't negate the fact women have been in these roles throughout history.

During the First World War, 15 all-female units were formed by the Russian army. Although largely viewed by authorities as propaganda instruments to lift the spirits of losing male troops, over six thousand women joined the Battalions of Death to serve in the trenches, partake in combat and carry out dangerous reconnaissance missions.

Can women kill like men? Meet the all-female front lines - Telegraph
How are they with spiders?

Old 09-12-2015, 07:07 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
If we were talking about tanks these inferior tanks would never be able to enter the service. Why is it so much more convoluted? Women are inferior war fighters and cost more per capita than male war fighters. Those two things combined should make the decision easy.
Women fighters are not inferior at doing their job. The problem is they are surrounded by men that are away from their loved ones for months or years at a time. These female fighters are often downright beautiful and it can lead the men to having very mixed emotions. Some can't stop staring at their ***, others can't curb their courage to take a bullet to protect a beautiful woman, even if she is a veteran fighting beside them and not necessarily in any more risk than a man would be.

You have completely misunderstood the reason for mixed groups struggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events