Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 11:35 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,665,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
The death of one police officer is one too many, but as for the present situation being out of control, not even close. In fact the number of police officer killed in the line of duty is well within the range of officers killed since 1911!

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund: Officer Deaths by Year
I have tried to explain that to my conservative friends who blame Obama for the "epidemic" off police killed recently. I have told them the recent deaths are statistically average for any given year barring 2001. The media and various groups are manipulating people for their own agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 11:35 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
If the officer had a gun, he would have been able to protect himself. oh wait.

Notice how the white man had his hands in his pockets the entire time. And the officer wasn't even worried..... He should have been. Cops needs to stop stereotyping people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoUUh_N1G1w
That's messed up. Domestic violence calls are dangerous situations. And that guy was totally calm. There was absolutely no need for that at all. What a POS.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:36 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
The fault lies at the feet of liberals abusing the law to get out of doing the time they deserve. a court system that is bent on supporting liberal agendas ,
Whom they them selves abuse the law for their own agendas .
Police officers endanger their lives to catch criminals, and the court sets them free.
There is THE problem .

Old 09-12-2015, 11:39 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:

Notice how the white man had his hands in his pockets the entire time. And the officer wasn't even worried..... He should have been. Cops needs to stop stereotyping people.

Oh wait, just another gun grabber willing to take our rights away. Damn!!

Old 09-12-2015, 11:44 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
So if this cop had been more 'aggressive' in his handling of the situation, he might well be alive today. He could/should have taken him down, cuffed him, searched him, etc., first thing. Then of course, the video would have surfaced of a cop being heavy handed with a citizen for no good reason, and many here would be calling him a bad cop bully for violating the guy's 'rights'. Seems to me that LEO's are in a no-win situation. They're constantly being criticized for being too quick to use their weapon, then when something like this happens they are just as quickly criticized for not doing their job right and being too lax. I'm starting to wonder exactly what is we expect of police officers.
I do think this is an example of the cop trying to do his job without being confrontational or aggressive, and perhaps he should have more wary of the possible danger. I've always heard that domestic violence calls are the most dangerous types for LEO's, as this event proves. Feel sorry for this officer and his family.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:45 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The fault lies at the feet of liberals abusing the law to get out of doing the time they deserve. a court system that is bent on supporting liberal agendas ,
Whom they them selves abuse the law for their own agendas .
Police officers endanger their lives to catch criminals, and the court sets them free.
There is THE problem .
Your rant has what to do with this situation?

Old 09-12-2015, 12:30 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
I have tried to explain that to my conservative friends who blame Obama for the "epidemic" off police killed recently. I have told them the recent deaths are statistically average for any given year barring 2001. The media and various groups are manipulating people for their own agenda.
Just give 'em this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ame/?tid=sm_fb

Old 09-12-2015, 02:38 PM

137 posts, read 125,759 times
There is a war on people. Cops are abusing their power. Especially after getting trained by abusive Israeli officers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=41&v=G63FEamhpA0

Old 09-12-2015, 10:43 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
The thugs and their apologists seem to be winning the battle for the hearts and minds of the American people -- for now ...

Old 09-12-2015, 10:50 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,305 times
Quote:

Yes, statistical illiteracy is so smart. You are such a smart person. One day, you will have a seat at the table of the intellectual elite. Any day now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events