Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 05:16 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,225,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
If this man can pick up a gun and shoot at the police, then he is or will be a career criminal...
Career criminals are those we let out of prison, after they graduate from crime university. If we didn't let them out of prison, how could we justify providing employment for so many cops? They need career criminals, to justify their careers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 05:22 PM

5,851 posts, read 3,273,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
No meaningful debate can start till we disarm everyone. Especially the cops.
When you say that the no one can take you seriously!!!

Old 09-13-2015, 05:33 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,583,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Hence the problem. They see the public as the enemy and enjoy the hunt.
Nonsense …

I come from a law enforcement family …
One of my brothers was a sheriff's deputy, one of my nephews is a licensed peace officer, and I am a graduate of the corrections academy …

Anti-cop bigotry is fashionable in some circles these days, but it is still just plain simple ignorant arrogant bigotry ...

Old 09-13-2015, 08:30 PM

962 posts, read 627,289 times
Do the police really have that bad of a vision and aiming that only 1 out of 84 shots hit their target? That's also very dangerous because some of those other shots could've accidentally hit other important property or buildings if any were nearby. It's a good thing that no one else was standing out there nearby.

The police should be required to practice at a shooting range before being hired, if they don't already.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:27 PM

50,358 posts, read 23,952,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
When I see you make a statement like that I am not surprised!!! No meaningful debate can occur when you say nonsense like that!!!
Eh! You haven't said one thing that could lead to possible debate over dozens of posts in multiple threads. You stick up for cops in virtually 100% of all cases.

Last edited by phetaroi; 09-13-2015 at 09:37 PM..

Old 09-13-2015, 09:57 PM

34,269 posts, read 19,266,610 times
Its funny seeing all the things that most of the pro police people think this criticism is about.

The only thing I see is a need to train more. Shrug. that many bullets flying around endangers everyone. We need to see lot more hits, and fewer misses....and yet somehow thats "hating cops". No its not hating cops, its hoping they get more training time, so we have less risks to them and innocents, and more risk on the people they are shooting at.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:06 PM

5,851 posts, read 3,273,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Eh! You haven't said one thing that could lead to possible debate over dozens of posts in multiple threads. You stick up for cops in virtually 100% of all cases.
Again what you wrote was a ridiculous statement. You used to be a school principal and you feel that way about our military and Police Officers?

Old 09-13-2015, 10:19 PM

50,358 posts, read 23,952,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Again what you wrote was a ridiculous statement. You used to be a school principal and you feel that way about our military and Police Officers?
I have said repeatedly that most police officers are reliable, dependable, and honorable. But I have also repeatedly said we need to get rid of those who are not.

What this topic has to do with me being a retired principal I have no idea.

In a study conducted in Rialto, California, police wearing video cams resulted in a 50% reduction in police use of force, yet they still got the job done. There was also a 90% reduction in citizen complaints against police officers.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 PM

7,292 posts, read 6,879,055 times
Not all cops are trained with a warrior mentality .
Muscle memory 1 must be established 2 practiced 3 maintained regularly.
Cops are for the most part civilians with a little training, hence we have so many with so poor work ethic . and few with suicidal courage that can over come the adrenalin rush that throws off muscle memory.
Shooting at a paper target that is not shooting back a child can /does do with no problem .
Fact is when bullets are flying in your direction, your leg starts jumping and every thing you thought you knew turns to mush.
Some men new at hunting get buck fever seeing their first deer, and cycle the bolt till the mag is empty.
People afraid of both the perp and the gun will cycle the shot gun in hopes to scare off the perp with the cycling noise , and almost empty it before thinking of actually firing it in the moment of stress.
Some /most people freeze in fear even though the are there to stop a perp shooting . which is why some times men have acted too quickly in an event.
Almost an instant mechanical response is required to beat the Adrenalin.
There was a communications failure in the incident in question and officers should have been spreading them selves out to anticipate the perps actions ending the confrontation much more efficiently.
They don't work enough on tactics, and this is what happens. It happens too often.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:46 PM

8,082 posts, read 6,701,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I have no idea, but I have a feeling I could hit a target with less then 83 shots.
Try that in a firefight and let me know how you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events