Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 12:06 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

Long ago, I asked my son's barber if he ever cut women's hair and he said "No". I wouldn't have wanted him to cut my hair since I swear, he everyone the same haircut.

Set-up. Seriously, as hard as it is to get a good haircut, I really try to maximize my chances so wouldn't choose a barber in a shop for men. Some places do both men and women and if I wanted something more masculine, I would choose one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 12:16 PM

8 posts, read 9,861 times
Oh, for crying out loud! Was this the only place in town to get a haircut? Of course it was a set up and I am weary of people with too much time on their hands. Why would anyone want to create a problem, where none exists? Just go someplace else! This is not a problem, folks. Are there women in this country that have no place to get their hair cut? And to put this foolishness on the level of racial discrimination is an insult to those who have suffered under the serious and even life-threatening circumstances of discrimination in this country.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:22 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Why would a barber shop turn away any business unless the client asked for something that they had no expertise in?
Barber shops have got to be hurting for customers since most stylists and salons do male and female traditional cuts. I see very few barber shops anymore around my area. I can name one vs bunches of styling salons.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:34 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
There could be 20 salons on the street and it wouldn't matter - they still broke the law.

She wanted a traditional men's haircut. She should have gotten it. The hair growing from your head is no different if you are a man versus if you are a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events