Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 08:57 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times

Advertisements

I am about at the point of never looking at any ''news'' ever again. This is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited by HappyDogToday; 09-12-2015 at 09:07 PM..

Old 09-12-2015, 09:10 PM

3,330 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Pretty sure that the way the law in MD is worded, one needs to only 'cause or attempt to cause “offensive physical contact” to another' in order to commit the crime of assault in the second degree. A prosecutor is going to rhetorically ask 'who in this courtroom today would appreciate random individuals putting their mouth on your body, at will, and without fear of consequence?'

This is an instance where bringing criminal charges falls under the definition of lunacy, however. Give the kid detention(s) or in-school suspension. Better yet, have him help the janitor for an hour after school for a few days and take away the Xbo- I mean, surrogate parenting device.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Yes, I'm sure she'll be scarred for life.
Yes, because unwanted touching is only an issue if the victim scarred for life.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:26 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And you ask out women you think are ugly, right? Or is it only females who are supposed to succumb to male attention whether she wants it or not?

Though assault charges are overreaching in this case, that whole "wanted" vs "unwanted" is really important in actual instances of sexual assault.
What does me asking out a woman have to do with this?

If a woman I was or wasn't attracted to came up to me and inappropriately touched me, which by the way has happened a lot, I wouldn't make a big deal of it, and I would never press charges. Then again, I don't overreact at every little thing.

I could almost guarantee if she liked him or thought he was hot and he did this on a dare, there would not be any charges pressed. Same thing if it was a guy with a girl he thought was cute.

I never insinuated that a woman should accept any man's advances. Stop typing words in my mouth.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:28 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
We have lost our collective minds. This should have been a simple discipline issue at school.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:43 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
The linked story reads like it was written by a 8th grader.

Without knowing how aggressive the kiss was it is impossible for me to form an opinion on whether or not the charges are appropriate.

He is apparently low IQ since he believes that "it was a dare" is a valid defense. It is probably for the best that he is weeded out of the school system before he infects other kids.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:02 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
The linked story reads like it was written by a 8th grader.

Without knowing how aggressive the kiss was it is impossible for me to form an opinion on whether or not the charges are appropriate.

He is apparently low IQ since he believes that "it was a dare" is a valid defense. It is probably for the best that he is weeded out of the school system before he infects other kids.
What this kid did was wrong but uh, let's dial it back a bit.

He's 13, a lot of 13-year olds have and will do really dumb stuff from time to time. He kissed a girl on a stupid dare, it's not like he burned the school down.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:05 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
I'm sure somebody somewhere is thinking ''lawsuit'', either hoping to sue or not be sued.
People are just plain stupid these days.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:22 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And you ask out women you think are ugly, right?
There's an entire ideology dedicated to haranguing men into doing just that. It's very prevalent and very well funded. You may have heard of it.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:11 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,044,235 times
Here's another link with slightly more information. Apparently the boy grabbed her shirt near her stomach, and forcibly open-mouth kissed her. He did it on a dare, with his buddies egging him on.

8th Grader Facing Assault Charge For Kissing Classmate At Pikesville Middle School « CBS Baltimore

The definition of assault is unwanted physical contact. That is exactly what happened here.

If somebody did that to my 14-year old daughter, I would also press charges. It's not cute, it's not "boys will be boys". It's assault.

He's being charged as a juvenile, so this isn't going to ruin his life by any means, but maybe he - and any other boys who may be watching this case - will think twice before they grab another girl and shove a tongue down an unwilling throat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events