Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 12:35 PM

36,520 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

The problem is that people can't let themselves be human, cant have a private conversation, thought, blow off steam, make a joke or utter a word without some busybody filming it and posting it to social media where the rabid dogs drag it around and squabble over it for all to be offended.

Why cant people just mind their own darn business. Some things that are meant to be private need to be kept private.
Honestly, glass houses. Is there any one of us who can honestly say we never say or do anything that is not PC, anything that is in some way inappropriate or that we are later embarrassed about or regret. Is there anyone who would be completely comfortable having their every word or act on public display.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 12:46 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
I sat with my kids at a fast food place next to a table of cops. They were all boasting about how they got hookers overseas while in the military. One guy was really graphic. I glanced the "OMG you are in uniform, shut up" look several times...and the "I have kids here!" look but they kept going.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:31 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,932,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
That's seriously not funny.

Most officers wouldn't even pull out their guns, let alone shoot anyone, unless the officers felt threatened, or they or someone else is being shot at currently and need to defend themselves and/or another adjoining victim. And when this happens, it's again, certainly not funny.
You are right, its not funny, that is why there was no "lol" at the end of my statement

The problem is that nowadays an officer feeling threatened includes the perp running AWAY from the officer, or holding their hands over their heads as if to surrender

Old 09-15-2015, 01:31 PM

36,520 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I sat with my kids at a fast food place next to a table of cops. They were all boasting about how they got hookers overseas while in the military. One guy was really graphic. I glanced the "OMG you are in uniform, shut up" look several times...and the "I have kids here!" look but they kept going.
And an excuse me but could you keep it down please, I have kids here would be appropriate. Filming it and putting it on social media or demanding an investigation or they lose their job, not so much.

I overhear inappropriate discussions everyday but try to tune them out and mind my own business but have occasionally have had to politely shush people.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:16 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And an excuse me but could you keep it down please, I have kids here would be appropriate. Filming it and putting it on social media or demanding an investigation or they lose their job, not so much.

I overhear inappropriate discussions everyday but try to tune them out and mind my own business but have occasionally have had to politely shush people.
I wish I had recorded it. at least this one was about them breaking the law. The other one was just crude job humor. But he was being an ass.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:31 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

actually correcting a cop , no matter how polite is exactly what sets them off. They are likely to blame the speaker, and threaten them. One is safer recording them than interacting with them.

Cops use threats, violence, backseat to get you to comply and **** off fast.

I advise my kids to avoid the cops unless there is a dangerous issue. Otherwise they are better off far away from them

Old 09-15-2015, 04:44 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Just typical cops that think they are above the law.
Not really, just people making silly comments about their day to day duties. I'm glad they don't take themselves in a do serious way, you should do the same.

Saludos

Old 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM

962 posts, read 631,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
most is no where near enough..

example most people don't shoot cops.. most people don't rape kids.... most people don't rob homes...

we can clearly see that most is rubbish, there are way too many cops that threaten violence for failure to instantly comply with orders. Cops seem completely unable to understand that for the average person the entire encounter is brand new and requires time to process and understand. Cops act like the public have been fully trained in a six week full time course called...

"Police encounters 101, "dealing with cops for a successful outcome""

but the truth is the public don't deal with cops , they are not used to someone shouting order at them and they react exactly how a cop would react if you started shouting at them...

Our police forces need to learn how to deal with everyday people , everyday. Instead they treat the public like we are the problem.
Not to mention that some police officers act unreasonable, and some of them also act like criminals themselves. So I guess this means the police get to do whatever the heck they want, including pulling a gun on someone for speeding which is only a minor traffic violation. Or they get to shoot someone for running away while allegedly stealing from a store, without being suspended or fired.

I have a feeling that it's society vs. police these days. The police just don't seem to like people in general and think every last person has reason to be suspicious. The police blame society for their problems. Everyone is not a criminal.

Regular citizens call the police to have help and protection against criminals. So does that mean that the person who originally called 911 is suspicious too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events