Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 11:12 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Really? Is kicking the homeless out of private businesses really the coppers' responsibility?

If so, why? Why isn't it the responsibility of the business to ask the homeless to leave the premises?
Ermm idk. I heard of something called trespassing and I assumed the police were responsible for handling situations like that.

Maybe I'm wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 03:52 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Listen who have cops that go there and take care of their issues at the business. Its not a polite thing to let him use the bathroom its a right thing to let him use that bathroom. Really that employee did a nasty thing. I hope she is proud of herself. Sorry using a bathroom is not extra. You even trying to say that just shows your contempt for law enforcement!
I've already said it would be the polite thing to do. Most businesses would have no problem. You don't even know what I would have done at my business. Your assuming I'm a cop hater. You don't know me from Adam.

The point people are making is that when the employee said no, its for paying customers only, the cop should've dropped it, and gone somewhere else. Or paid for something to use the bathroom. He gets a check just like every other person.

There's a difference between courtesy and what you are required by law to do.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:12 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Now listen, try to keep up. I have said several times in this thread that police ought to be welcome to use bathroom facilities in stores, etc. So first of all -- got that?

The post of mine which you inaccurately responded to was a response to a post (#75) that the general public should just be able to walk into places of business that they do not patronize and use their facilities.
My apologies. Thread was 10 pages long when I joined in and not being interested in reading every post it appeared to me that you were just another siding with the store. I actually agree with you, the bathroom policy is perfectly understandable but it's not that big of a deal to allow an officer to use it.

What people are missing here is one of the reasons for his rant was the way this employee told him. If he is to be believed she said it repeatedly and in an unnecessarily loud tone. But I gotta say his portrail of her as a "liberal" is bothersome too. Why do conservatives do this? They throw out the term liberal and use it as an insult waaaay more than liberals label others conservative and it's really annoying.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:52 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I've already said it would be the polite thing to do. Most businesses would have no problem. You don't even know what I would have done at my business. Your assuming I'm a cop hater. You don't know me from Adam.

The point people are making is that when the employee said no, its for paying customers only, the cop should've dropped it, and gone somewhere else. Or paid for something to use the bathroom. He gets a check just like every other person.

There's a difference between courtesy and what you are required by law to do.
Go look at your posts we certainly can see you have an anti police bias. That Starbucks calls the police to have them remove homeless from the BATHROOM!!!!!! So the same police that assist them removing homeless cant even use the same lousy bathroom that they allow the homeless to use. It complete craziness. In fact he was walking out when she said no and then she got loud with him to try and embarrass the cop in front of everyone. Starbucks has apologized and said this will never happen again, Its a dead issue.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:45 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Go look at your posts we certainly can see you have an anti police bias. That Starbucks calls the police to have them remove homeless from the BATHROOM!!!!!! So the same police that assist them removing homeless cant even use the same lousy bathroom that they allow the homeless to use. It complete craziness. In fact he was walking out when she said no and then she got loud with him to try and embarrass the cop in front of everyone. Starbucks has apologized and said this will never happen again, Its a dead issue.
I'm not going to argue with you about bias. I'm not the one throwing out racist phrases.

There's nothing to argue here about. If you want to throw a tantrum over not being able to use the bathroom do it. We'll be free to judge. It's not your business and honestly, you don't know how the owner/manager felt about the Police 'service.' Again you assume everyone is pleased with their service.

Everyone's free to their opinion but then there's the law.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:03 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm not going to argue with you about bias. I'm not the one throwing out racist phrases.

There's nothing to argue here about. If you want to throw a tantrum over not being able to use the bathroom do it. We'll be free to judge. It's not your business and honestly, you don't know how the owner/manager felt about the Police 'service.' Again you assume everyone is pleased with their service.

Everyone's free to their opinion but then there's the law.
So I said you have an anti police bias. So what did I say that was a racist phrase.? Like I said before this is a dead issue now.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:09 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Really? Is kicking the homeless out of private businesses really the coppers' responsibility?

If so, why? Why isn't it the responsibility of the business to ask the homeless to leave the premises?
all trespass is the cops responsibility, your failure to understand that speaks volumes.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:20 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
The real reason the cop is pissed is because normally he is large and in charge, swaggering around with his gun...

suddenly a girl emasculates him by using her power like a thug, just as cops do every single hour of the day.

In short the cop got a taste of his own medicine and did not like the taste.

The cop felt like he was treated poorly, and went online to cry like a little baby. If he was smarter he could have used it a learning opportunity. He felt bad being refused and having to yield to some fool who was abusing her power.... now he knows how the public feel when cops use their power like a cudgel .

Old 09-27-2015, 11:28 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
all trespass is the cops responsibility, your failure to understand that speaks volumes.
I agree. What's interesting is that many in this thread suggest that the cop should trespass by using the bathroom without asking. I don't know about this specific establishment, but many (esp in NYC) have signs that say that restrooms are for customers only.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The real reason the cop is pissed is because normally he is large and in charge, swaggering around with his gun...

suddenly a girl emasculates him by using her power like a thug, just as cops do every single hour of the day.

In short the cop got a taste of his own medicine and did not like the taste.

The cop felt like he was treated poorly, and went online to cry like a little baby. If he was smarter he could have used it a learning opportunity. He felt bad being refused and having to yield to some fool who was abusing her power.... now he knows how the public feel when cops use their power like a cudgel .
Just in case you might have "forgot" it wasn't the actual cop that posted anything to the internet, it was his Sargent. There is a difference...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events