Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 03:47 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times

Advertisements

Stop and think about this for a minute. Whose word do we have that the woman called out someone else's name during sex? Or did ANYTHING wrong? We only have the word of a psycho. Perhaps he made up that story about his motive (as if that even qualifies as an excuse to take someone's life in any manner ... let alone such a grisly one).

Slate magazine mentions in an article an entire list of "excuses" people have made recently to justify partner murders. Things like "she undercooked my food" or "I didn't know that was a transvestite until we were naked in bed." None of which can ever be proved since the only other person present is dead. Yet these "reasons" get reported in the media (the more bizarre they are, the more likely they are to go national) and the public just accepts the story as fact and the killer is likely to receive a less harsh sentence if anyone on the jury thinks the victim was "asking for it."

It's hard for sane people to believe that people kill for no reason. But they do. Just as people drink or use drugs "because it was snowing" or "because it didn't snow."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 04:56 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I don't know, but he is not going to get the death penalty. There is no premeditation, and he is obviously mentally ill and was drunk out of his mind.

Mick
Well, given the brutality of the crime; it might be hard to do the whole "heat of the moment" thing.

Gutting someone isn't really done on the fly without someone either having some sort of psychotic episode or being a really sick puppy.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:43 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Florida not only has the death penalty but it is one of the states where they actually follow through and carry it out.
except it will take 27 years to do it!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
What a mess. Ordinarily, I don't put much stock in the whole "they had to be crazy to kill someone" argument but I think there is something to it in this case. This is a guy who ripped out his girlfriend's intestines, presumably through a bodily orifice, smeared the tissue around the residence and then was confused enough about why she wasn't breathing to try and wake her up with some water on the face.
I don't see confusion there. I see "I'm not through brutalizing you and I don't want you to miss one minute of it, so WAKE UP."

Old 09-24-2015, 10:32 AM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Hate to break it to you, but prisoner justice rarely if ever happens

Unless it involved a child most prisoners simply couldn't give 2 ****s about avenging any crime committed by an inmate...Only exception is when it could make the inmate a name for himself....Other than that they could care less

Plus a big strong guy (regardless of what crime he has committed) will do fine in prison....A strong aggressive serial rapist will be able to defend himself much better than a scrawny 140lb guy in for Tax evasion....
True, even most child molesters make it through prison fine. What would you expect when dealing with the bottom of the barrel of society. 95% of people that make it too prison have been in and out of our correctional system their whole lives, before doing hard time.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:51 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
I gave Slate magazine credit for that article I referenced. No wonder I couldn't find it to create a link — it was actually in Huffington Post and the author is Melissa Jeltsen.
Men Offer Abhorrent Excuses For Killing Women. Don't Repeat Them.

The subtitle of the article is: "When media outlets report killers' claims as fact, they do victims a profound disservice."

Definitely worth the short time needed to read.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:23 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Well, given the brutality of the crime; it might be hard to do the whole "heat of the moment" thing.

Gutting someone isn't really done on the fly without someone either having some sort of psychotic episode or being a really sick puppy.
Yes, and yes.

Mick

Old 09-24-2015, 05:41 PM

346 posts, read 464,242 times
Look what Obama has done to this once great nation!

Old 09-24-2015, 06:14 PM

75 posts, read 108,714 times
The most horrid stories always take place in Florida.

Years ago, when I was living in Florida, I remember joking around with a roommate of mine about how your chances of getting mutilated are a lot higher in Florida than anywhere else in the country.

Then, the "bath salt zombie" incident occurred in Miami. I never joked about that again.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the young lady who was murdered.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:52 PM

35,065 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
this is sick as it gets. Fire up ole sparky, time to roast this sicko
I don't know why, hypothetically, these people aren't said to have "resisted arrest" and got "killed in the struggle."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events