Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 09:38 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times

Advertisements

Since when are the TSA supposed to detain people(for hours, with armed guards) whose genitals don't match their clothing? Are the terrorists trying to smuggle in penises now? And why did they lie about finding bomb particulates on her? And why was the airline publicly saying they had sorted out her situation amicably(missed flight, made her buy a new ticket, wouldn't give her the new ticket) while she was actually being told to leave the airport by the airline's staff? She only got her ticket and got on her flight because a cop forced the airline to give her the ticket and allow her through to her gate. And once the police were involved the TSA was suddenly very accommodating and polite.

And remember, while the TSA is screwing around with this cartoonist, they're failing 90% of security checks. They can't stop explosives and weapons from getting onto flights but they sure as hell can stop a penis under a dress from getting on a flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 09:51 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"Transgender persons should use the name and gender that appears on their government-issued ID when making flight reservations and at the security checkpoint. You may ask that carry-on bags be screened in private if a bag must be opened by a TSA officer to resolve an alarm. Screening can be conducted in a private screening area with a witness or companion. You may request private screening or to speak with a supervisor at any time during the screening process."

The transgender person needs to be aware of the procedure and be prepared to deal with it. That means allowing extra time for screening in order to not miss a flight.
Sounds very reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Problem is once you request that "private" screening it screams out something is wrong or at least different. That goes double when you start requesting a "friend", lady-in-waiting or whatever to accompany you as a witness.
Oh, big hairy deal, sheesh. My husband has to have a private screening when he flies because of metal some Afghani citizen decided to violently place in his body. Should he start whining how unfair it is and that it discriminates against wounded vets? It is what it is. It is a safety issue.

I used to have to always explain and justify my needles for insulin, occasionally still do with the pens. Should I start having a meltdown that it screams something is different about me?

Get over it. Transsexuals are not alone in the "TSA screenings are freaking evasive" crowd, matter of fact, they have lots of company. They need to do just like everyone else in the automatic pat-down category - know it's problem and plan for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
What exactly is the "problem" with a private screening "screaming out that something is wrong or at least different"? That total strangers behind you in line will wonder what your situation is? Big deal.

Lots of people, (including myself) get pat downs. I've been pulled out of line for various reasons. My carry-on has been opened and inspected. No big deal. No problem. It's all part of traveling by plane these days.
No kidding. Don't like it? Drive.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:52 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,211 times
The "underwear bomber" is exactly the reason that an anomaly in the groin area really, really must be accounted for

Christmas Day bomber sentenced to life in prison - CNN.com

Old 09-23-2015, 09:55 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
They went to grab a bush but instead pulled out a root lol!!

Old 09-23-2015, 10:12 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Since when are the TSA supposed to detain people(for hours, with armed guards) whose genitals don't match their clothing? Are the terrorists trying to smuggle in penises now? And why did they lie about finding bomb particulates on her? And why was the airline publicly saying they had sorted out her situation amicably(missed flight, made her buy a new ticket, wouldn't give her the new ticket) while she was actually being told to leave the airport by the airline's staff? She only got her ticket and got on her flight because a cop forced the airline to give her the ticket and allow her through to her gate. And once the police were involved the TSA was suddenly very accommodating and polite.

And remember, while the TSA is screwing around with this cartoonist, they're failing 90% of security checks. They can't stop explosives and weapons from getting onto flights but they sure as hell can stop a penis under a dress from getting on a flight.
The He/She made the situation more difficult than it needed to be. Once it was clear that the he/she had a penis, the TSA agent told the he/she that they can process her/him as a man, but the he/she refused to be identified as a man.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:16 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
"I'm transgender. I am a woman, but I have an atrophied penis,
Said no one in history.

WTF is some TSA agent supposed to do with that? What would a security agent clearing people to see the pope think/do?

How many men on CD have an atrophied penis? I should post a poll. Does atrophied mean it's dead flesh and ready to fall off like a tick? Can you still urinate through it?

Ya gotta wonder about the world today and what people dream up to be less than human.
When will trans species become a topic? I was born a man but feel like a dog so I'm seeing a vet now. I am a female dog so I will be neutered soon.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
The He/She made the situation more difficult than it needed to be. Once it was clear that the he/she had a penis, the TSA agent told the he/she that they can process her/him as a man, but the he/she refused to be identified as a man.
What if TSA told you you had to pretend to be a woman to get onto your flight? Would you just roll with it and keep your mouth shut? You wouldn't have any problems with that?

Old 09-23-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Ya gotta wonder about the world today and what people dream up to be less than human.
You managed to get there, shedding that pesky human empathy.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:25 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
I feel bad for transgenders honestly I can't imagine... It's strange to me for sure-but the very depths they go into to become another gender and the treatment they face and the confusion they feel-I really just cannot imagine and I do pity them.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:27 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I feel bad for transgenders honestly I can't imagine... It's strange to me for sure-but the very depths they go into to become another gender and the treatment they face and the confusion they feel-I really just cannot imagine and I do pity them.

I feel sorry for them just a little, and then only the ones that actually have surgery and are Post op. Pre op to me is just cross dressing. Post Op I can't imagine all the troubles they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events