Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:17 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I want to punch everyone at Costco who tries the samples. People act like they've never eaten food before, rush up to the stations and block everyone else from getting where they want to go. In the "I never" game, my turn would be "I never have eaten food in a Costco".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 09:36 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Honestly, I want to punch everyone
lol. beware, the thought police may be after you soon!

Old 09-25-2015, 09:41 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
To the OP: Excellent construction of subject line. Told me what the thread was about with no ambiguity, yet still drew me in even though I could care less about Costco or Nutella. Kudos!
kind of similar to the Florida Man headlines, amirite: https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan?ref_...rp|twgr^author

Old 09-26-2015, 06:41 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Honestly, I want to punch everyone at Costco who tries the samples. People act like they've never eaten food before, rush up to the stations and block everyone else from getting where they want to go. In the "I never" game, my turn would be "I never have eaten food in a Costco".
I try to avoid Costco on the weekends just due to this. The place is usually packed unless you come at 5:00 on Sunday and the sample tables are almost always placed at the ends of the aisles. Which means a group of people clustered around them and getting in the way of everyone else who just wants to do their shopping and leave.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:29 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
The thing I find the most pathetic about this story is not that the old man was assaulted, but the fact that the two argued over that atrocious Nutella crap in the first place

Old 09-27-2015, 01:26 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,246,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
That sound you hear is the furious clicking of the stormfront crowd to determine the race of the perpetrator (and victim) and engage in the premade usual statements mocking black lives matter, thugs, etc. etc.

Man Faces 11 Years in Prison If Convicted of Punching 78-Year-Old Over Nutella Samples | KTLA
Because the article doesn't mention race, it's obvious which race is the puncher and which is the punchee.

We racist right-wingers figured that out a long time ago .... circa 1960 when the media began it's campaign of moonbattery.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:54 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Because the article doesn't mention race, it's obvious which race is the puncher and which is the punchee.

We racist right-wingers figured that out a long time ago .... circa 1960 when the media began it's campaign of moonbattery.

Huh??

Old 09-28-2015, 12:45 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
A steep price for a burst of anger. "Legitimate" Killing of a 95 yo vet sets a benchmark for the rest of citizens to be judged against. 11 years in prison, sharks? Are you serious? 78 yo vs 24 yo is not quite the same as a swat team against 95 yo. 24 yo had legitimate concerns for his safety, he should have contacted Chicago lawyers before opening his mouth.
This thread is not about the 95 year old, no matter how many posts you bring it up in. It is about the 24 yr old who has two violent incidences with vulnerable citizens. Baby face has domestic violence charges against him as well. Low life POS.

Start your own thread and quit hijacking this one.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:48 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The thing I find the most pathetic about this story is not that the old man was assaulted, but the fact that the two argued over that atrocious Nutella crap in the first place

BLASPHEMER!!!

Old 09-30-2015, 09:27 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Since male aggression is often caused by a condition called lack-o-nookie. That condition will change in jail when Bubba asks him if he wants to be the husband or the wife.
Such a simplistic notion. Too bad it's false. You should try reading an anthropology book. Might learn something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events