Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:49 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,664,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My preference is substance abuse treatment, a short 30 day stint and then 5 years of probation with drug testing (random).

Assuming he has no priors etc.

If he's some gang-banging fool then yeah 10 years.
Did you see his record? This is not an isolated incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 11:05 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Wtf do they have nutella samples? Who the hell doestn know what nutella tastes like?
I wouldn't know a nutella if it marched up and punched me in the face. I never even heard of it before.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:20 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
I was at Costco sampling chocolate. A teenager probably 14-15 yr old quickly walks over and grabs like 3-4 chocolate candies. The lady serving it was like "wait you can only take 1" and I tagged along and said to the kid "maybe you need your parents permission..."

So the kid turns to me and say "F you b*t!"

The lady and I both looked at him in awe and the kid walked away. All this over a few pieces of chocolate, seriously?

Kid definitely has some serious attitude, he's not a short kid about my height so he wants to show that he's not intimidated by adults. Still a loser, parents are probably worst.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:02 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I can't imagine anyone getting punched over Nutella.
Nutella, no.

However, nutella smeared with peanut butter over a nicely toasted waffle, then Grampy best move out the way 'cause I'm getting in there!

I will also pull a Crazy Wayne Brady move and choke a 'ho for some cookie butter, but that's for another thread...

Old 09-23-2015, 12:17 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
But seriously though, I feel like the Trader Joe's I frequent has a good sample set up. They only do a couple of products (usually a drink plus a food item w/ any condiments needed like salsa for chips). The Trader Joe's employee stands in a little area sectioned off w/ plexiglass (I guess it's an elaborate sneeze guard since they assemble and cook in this area) and slip the samples under the plexiglass. I've noticed that even when they could leave out a couple dozen samples, they only ever offer about 10-12 at a time. IDK, maybe they hope people will get impatient waiting for the next batch and walk away.

Places like Whole Foods just leave their samples out unmanned and it's hit or miss whether there's anything left or if what is left is still sanitary (I swear to god I saw a guy drip his finger into the guacamole sample instead of using a tortilla . Thankfully he didn't double dip!).

I feel bad for the employee- I've worked retail, including in supermarkets, and you run into some real cuckoos out there. Nowadays, even Whole Foods Markets in high end area need security, not just b/c of theft but to restrain aggressive customers!

Old 09-23-2015, 01:33 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think he deserves to go to prison, but it won't deter anyone else from committing a crime- that's not how it works. People who do things like he did are sociopaths and part of that includes extreme narcissism. They have no empathy, imagine themselves to be the victim and usually are completely shocked when they get prosecuted for their crimes.
Yeah, and this may be the point where to step in.

I will speak up, politely, against someone doing something "unfair", but I won't take it further than that. Even if slugged, I'm more likely to turn the other cheek than press charges (but I may be talking to my lawyer, too). The basic thing is for those kinds of people who may exist, they probably have got a lot of leeway to be unpleasant before someone really stomps on their toes.

Which is the thing where if I have to use the main offensive response, it's for defense, not to be mean or vindictive. If he costs me money in damages, then I may go for repayment but vindictive retribution is not a part of who I am..............

..................and people like our slugger probably thrive on that, one way or another.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:51 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
When I see those sample peddlers at Costco I turn my cart and move away. I hate how people act around free food.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:38 AM

743 posts, read 766,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
That sound you hear is the furious clicking of the stormfront crowd to determine the race of the perpetrator (and victim) and engage in the premade usual statements mocking black lives matter, thugs, etc. etc.

Man Faces 11 Years in Prison If Convicted of Punching 78-Year-Old Over Nutella Samples | KTLA
Nah. Everybody knows it's very uncommon to encounter a 24 y/o black male in Costco.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:19 AM

167 posts, read 167,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Another case of someone who apparently thinks that his wants takes precedence over anyone else's.

Absolutely disgusting and outrageous.

(However, I do think that 11 years imprisonment is too long for the offense, which resulted in "just" a cut above the eye. I think that 11 weeks would be sufficient to get the point across that what he did was wrong and will not be tolerated.)

i say give the idiot the death penalty. There is NO excuse for this behavior. If he would punch an elderly person for something so trivial, imagine what he would do if someone really offended him. If he was 15 years old, maybe I could go for the 11 year sentence, but he's 24...technically an adult. There is nothing but hatred, anger and selfishness in this young man. I can only imagine how he treats children and animals. Screw him. We need a new policy in America called the Act right or die policy. Follow the rules or GTFO!

Act right or die - a few things now punishable by death:

(death sentence requires 100% irrefutable proof - dna, video, etc)

Murder
Rape
kidnapping
child abuse (actual abuse, not spanking)
elderly abuse
animal cruelty
2nd offense DUI
Breaking into someone's home or car
3rd offense theft
3rd offense littering

And this does not mean you sit in jail for 10 years. When the guilty verdict is given you are taken to a special room.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:11 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Did you see his record? This is not an isolated incident.
If he is a known trouble maker, possibly this is the reason for 11 yrs..........watch him claim he is not a citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events