Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 10:01 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,413,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Rape is never "ok," by definition. But the definition of rape changes. Today, it's rape if the woman was intoxicated or regrets it 22 year later. That would have been laughed out of the room in the recent past.
Having sex with a 3 year old is and always will be rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 12:26 AM

7,726 posts, read 6,399,473 times
The man in the article openly admits to being a paedophile, but also claims that he's never acted on his desires (which I hope is true)

I didn't see anything where they condone paedophilia, however the truth is, some people are like that, and society should help those people and prevent child abuse. They need mental help.

Also, comparing being a paedophile to homosexuality is fallible at best, and extremely disrespectful at worst.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:06 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,666,221 times
Okay, why dont you all (society) just up and publicly execute anyone accused of, suspected of, or guilty of pedophilia? I mean, thats what you all secretly desire isnt it? Im not being sarcastic either. Thats truly what you all want.

Or you all could just quit breeding.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:53 AM

11,974 posts, read 8,300,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Okay, why dont you all (society) just up and publicly execute anyone accused of, suspected of, or guilty of pedophilia? I mean, thats what you all secretly desire isnt it? Im not being sarcastic either. Thats truly what you all want.

Or you all could just quit breeding.
I don't think everyone here wants that. But it does seem to be an unsolvable problem and it frightens and disgusts people.

Now that we have decided in the US that everyone has a right to be sexually fulfilled some of us are becoming aware that sexual fulfilment for some segments of the population may harm the vulnerable among us.

Medical science hasn't caught up yet with our misguided efforts to make everyone equal. And it never will genetics and psychology being what they are.

So here we all sit with cognitive dissonance. Liberalism tells us one thing and our human nature tells us another.

Its no surprise that a lot of people want that to just go away.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
What should we do with pedophilic thinking, specifically those who never act on their impulses?

Mind control? Behavior modification via drugs or electro shock or neural stimuli? Death? Lifelong isolation and persecution? Rehabilitation camps?

Pick one or more and tell me more about it, or come up with your own ideas for what you want done. Clearly there's no room for ANY sort of understanding, compassion, etc. judging by this thread. You're the scum of the earth for mere thoughts, it's apparent.
--------------
Okay, next question: how will you IDENTIFY pedophilic thinking, specifically in those who never act on their impulses?

Well clearly we need to devote a lot of time and money to developing Thought Police.

Conservative values...
We need the Minority Report office right NOW!

"PreCrime", a specialized police department, apprehends criminals based on foreknowledge provided by three psychics called "precogs"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_Report_(film)

Old 09-26-2015, 10:53 AM

50,398 posts, read 23,978,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Igot View Post
Once you get to the "guilty" part, I'd be happy to be the one to pull the trigger. At the rate this country is racing to embrace deviant behavior, it won't be long before city streets are shut down to accommodate PedoPride parades. Miles of vans crammed full of lollipops and puppies careening down the streets followed by ice cream trucks. One day, we'll look back at disbelief at the notion that we made these misunderstood individuals register with the police.

The last thing a kid needs is some creep with urine soaked pants jamming his hook down their britches.
Pedophilia is, of course, a concern. It's illegal, as it should be. The penalties for it are severe, as they should be. And in fact, the courts have gotten more severe about such violations over the past decade. That's reality.

And then we get down to posts like yours, which are nothing short of rampant paranoia.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:27 PM

824 posts, read 1,174,400 times
Thank god i'll never read that magazine nor go to their website again, salon.com and the rest of them can go to h### for all i care.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:01 PM

21,700 posts, read 24,907,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wrong

The age of consent and/or adulthood has been moved before, and will undoubtedly be again.
If anything is consistent it is that the progressive leftists always want to tear apart existing society norms, laws, and traditions to suit whatever freak happens to be in their "diverse inclusive tent".

`
I don't know that it was a leftist/rightist thing to move the age of consent from around 10-12 where it used to be. But hey, if it was a leftist thing, good on them for doing so. Personally, I think you're the freak if you want the age of consent to be back to 10-12 as it was under English common law back in the day. I'm not really either leftist or rightist though, so maybe that helps me look at things objectively whereas you're not capable of doing so. That's one area where I firmly side with the leftist and want the nanny state doing the nanny state thing. On many issues, I don't side with the rightists and believe government should butt out of our lives. But then that's also not leftist or rightists. Getting rid of the nanny state in the bedroom is more leftist as far as homosexuality... not so much on pedophilia though. Meanwhile the rightists are all for being in the bedroom on homosexuality, 3 oz liquid container limits and taking off your shoes at the airport. They just want a different nanny state than the leftists do.

Last edited by Malloric; 09-26-2015 at 04:11 PM..

Old 09-26-2015, 06:22 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,861,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Oh yes, Salon absolutely speaks for everyone on the left and all liberals. It's our guidebook. Our bible.

Absolutely; it's like like "Rules for Radicals".

Old 10-30-2015, 05:07 PM

20 posts, read 14,227 times
There are some people, Christians and not, who know and say enthusiastically that pedophilia, and any other unwanted, sexual advance is wrong. And most of us know that children and even some young adults are still reeling from hormones to know or realize a sexual advance that comes their way. Some are so happy to have some ones interest and acceptance, that they don't know what they are doing and by then it is to late and they are hooked. They just are not mature enough. But a Christian, should know, because they have God's word to tell them. But, for those Christians, who choose to ignore God's word when it plainly lets them know what sin is, and by that I am referring to the Bible texts that tell us that homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord, and they encourage or fail to keep others even their own, from going into that lifestyle, then they are guilty of sin also. And make no mistake, this world will little by little, almost imperceptibly this world will accept more and more sinful lifestyle and acceptable. This is the reason Christ will come a second time to close shop and put an end to the misery of those enslaved to sin. Any sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events