Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 12:42 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times

Advertisements

It's sad that this kind of thing happens. Even sadder when the low lifes that create problems get sympathy and the do gooders get punished.
It seems like someone is always trying to defend the criminals. "Oh they are poor, misunderstood, had a bad childhood . . ."
You hear about home invasions where multiple aggressors break in, rob or cause bodily injury to homeowners. Then the homeowners shoot them in self defense and they are the one in trouble because someone else thinks the homeowner were never sure if they were truly in danger and they should have fired a warning shot or just used the gun to shoot the knives out of the home invaders hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 12:47 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
Let's make this perfectly clear... even someone of your limited logic and reason should be able to understand this...

When you go at someone with the intention of doing them harm - physical harm - like this bully did, it is a clear, implicit understanding that someone will do harm right back in order to protect themselves or their friends or loved ones.

IOW, if you plan to dole out violence, you'd better damn well expect to get it back on you. What this bully gave is exactly what he got back, and I, nor anyone with at least 6 brain cells, is gonna fault the guy who defended his friend from harm. The bully learned a harsh lesson here, and I have zero sympathy for someone who would stoop so low as to hit a defenseless person who couldn't see it coming and therefore defend himself. This was the equivalent of donkey punching a 75-yr old man while walking down the street.

If someone comes at me with the intent of doing me or my loved ones harm, I will defend myself in whatever manner is needed - up to and including ending the life of my opponent to save me and mine. And no one is going to stop me, or has the right to question that judgement.

It's this simple: if you plan on bringing harm to others, then don't be surprised if you reap what you sow. This b@stard got what he deserved.

Now that's logic!
I agree 100%!!!!!
Besides, in these situations you can't sit there and logically think "okay ,how can I strike this bully in such a way that it only stops him but doesn't hurt him to much or too little? Hmm, I should get out my calculator and to some figuring on different angle and velocities to do this just right. I'm sure the blind kid can withstand 10 or 20 more hits while I figure this out."
Sometimes you just go in and do what you can at that instant.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:26 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
I think adrenaline kicked in for the defender and he reacted without hesitation to protect his friend (especially since no one else was inclined to do so). He is young and his reaction time is a lot quicker than some adults who claim they would analyze the situation first. Even if it was a huge adult male was punching a blind kid, I would have jumped in with a brick and knocked the bully senseless. I think the boy should be applauded not punished.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:05 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGirl1002 View Post
If you believe the media.
Bullying is down to Record lows in this country because of Schools Districts, "No Tolerance Policy" on Bullying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I apologize for posting "stupid, absurd logic."

However, you do realize why it is called "blind-sided"? Because you don't see it coming, whether you have 20/20 vision or visually impaired.

A tough guy is not going to sucker punch (either way), he would pull the a-hole kid off from the blind kid and then beat up the sucker.

My point was only that a blindside sucker punch to the head is extremely dangerous. Numerous people die or sustain brain damage every year from this type of situation, and the attackers also get imprisoned or sued. How is that "stupid, absurd logic"?

Mick
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The kid who threw the sucker punch could have diffused the situation in a different manner..a sucker punch is dangerous and he's lucky he didn't kill the bully. There is a always a question of degree in matters, a nuance that internet tough guys who troll CD forum fail to be incapable of grasping.
Agree!
I can Tell from some of these responses that, some of you people don't have teenagers. Things have changed and you can't go around Vigilante style and punching out bullies anymore.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:10 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,779,329 times
Bullies yada yada yada. I was bullied in school, I fought and won some and lost some but people knew I wasn't a pushover. I grew up in a different world. But when I grew up and entered the workforce, bullies still existed. No one talks about bullying in the workplace. I experienced it first hand. Terrible experience. Micromanaging, undermining, subtle phrases all part of "control" in the workplace. Hard to identify, hard to fight. Ultimately, I left the company and have a great boss and peers now. Personalities. Man, I hate people.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:14 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
I went to a school where the bully was a blind kid. He used to single me out, although I think it was mistaken identity.

There was another bully, who had no legs, and only one arm -she used to make my life hell.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:13 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
If you believe the media.
Bullying is down to Record lows in this country because of Schools Districts, "No Tolerance Policy" on Bullying.

Agree!

Agree!
I can Tell from some of these responses that, some of you people don't have teenagers. Things have changed and you can't go around Vigilante style and punching out bullies anymore.
I sure do have teenagers. One of which was bullied.

I also teach in a public high school. I see it all the time, and help put a stop to it whenever I can.

Now what does any of this have to do with the bully getting what he deserved?

Answer: not a d@mn thing.

As for not punching out the bully... what do you propose that the friend should have done, hmm? Are one of those divine beings that could have stopped the bully with your mind or words? Please bestow upon us peons your divine wisdom.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:40 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
That is it? That is the video? All I saw was one punch from someone to another and then they say "visually impaired", which could mean a lot of things. Also, there is nothing at the beginning. What started this? Did the so-called blind kid call the other guy something, like the c-word? This is typical of the news today. All hyped up over NOTHING! Sadly, people fall for the silliness. I don't buy into this story at all. Just another joke played on people. Come on, we need to be smarter than this. We need to ALWAYS question these stupid stories that are no doubt most of the time full of crap! It is all about selling the news to make money these days. It is all bs.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Igot View Post
Calling that young man a "Bully" is hurtful and uncalled for. His self esteem could be damaged. Violence is never the answer. The other student should have sat both of them down and tried to reason with them.
ROFL... nah, instant justice is better. He won't be picking on the blind kid again.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:53 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,472,347 times
heh... mandatory Judo/Aikido lessons for all kids! This way, they can diffuse the situation without ever having to throw a punch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events