Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 09:09 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I love my wife... Couldn't see life without her.
so proud of men like you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 09:10 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
You know, they've found a way to kill a woman's sex drive? Wedding cake.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress!
If you make a mark on the wall every time you have sex in your first year, then take one mark off the wall every time after that, it will take about 3 decades to erase all the marks.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:38 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
I said "I could" not that I would. I was just expressing an essential trait of the male psyche.....and how the sexes differ in some important behavioral ways. I always make an effort to be "there" in whatever interaction I am involved in, even when I really don't want to be there
What you're talking about has a lot more to do with personality than with inherent gender differences. There are men who'll talk your ear off about nothing and hate to be alone, and there are women who aren't touchy-feely and who need their space. What's important in a relationship is that both people feel like they're getting their needs met while at the same compromising to meet their partner's needs when they differ from their own. Sitcom marriage tropes don't tell the whole story.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:48 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
All my life I have lived in areas where it seems most people got married in their very late 20s and 30s. Now I am living in a place (temporarily) where it seems most get married (and often have one or two kids) before they are legally able to drink alcohol). I wonder what the difference in divorce rates are.

The dating pool here seems to be dominated by exhausted 30 and 40-something women with 3 or 4 kids.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:26 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Fewer marriages would fail if more men used something other than looks to pick out wives and girlfriends. Not really a valuable criteria for a life partner.

Fewer marriages would fail if those women who wanted to be married, didn't care whom to because they would mold him into what they wanted after marriage, would realize that is not a strategy that works. Not ever.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:46 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Fewer marriages would fail if more men used something other than looks to pick out wives and girlfriends. Not really a valuable criteria for a life partner.

Fewer marriages would fail if those women who wanted to be married, didn't care whom to because they would mold him into what they wanted after marriage, would realize that is not a strategy that works. Not ever.
Morning!

I'd say that both ideologies apply to both sexes equally, and then I'd agree with you.

Blessings,

Mahrie.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:54 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
It would help if women understood that men are less social, less communicative, more solitary & less in need of constant chattering & interaction in general than they are. That does not mean they are ignoring their partners....they just don't require the same emotional stimuli that women crave. Heck....I could go days without saying a word, or interacting with another person & it would not phase me in the least.

Men are your lovers & your friends ladies, but they are not your girlfriends.....they are not built for close, constant, never ending attention & talking. Understand this, and things become easier IMO.
That's not always the case. While my husband never wanted to discuss marital issues, he wasn't happy unless he was going somewhere, doing something, talking to people in person or on the phone. If not, texting. It drove me crazy.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:32 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times
Morning Brave Stranger!

I disagree that men don't need to talk etc. Men are as varied as women are. For example, my father never shut up! And neither did my younger brother, God bless him. (He died earlier this year.)

Perhaps that's why I tend to be quiet. My husband is a quiet soul too, but we seem to manage to have enough deep and lengthy conversations. I guess neither of us is interested in small talk....

Mahrie.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:28 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
If you make a mark on the wall every time you have sex in your first year, then take one mark off the wall every time after that, it will take about 3 decades to erase all the marks.
Gee, hunterseat, that's not a very christian thing to say.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:07 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
You want to watch a great film about a man having to re-examine everything about his marriage and life in general see "About Schmidt".

Warren Schmidt's realization that his marriage was "over" if not at least what he taught it was is heartbreaking. Since he only learns about this after his wife's demise makes it all the worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events