Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 03:28 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
We have a cop laughing about the killing of another human being with mental health issues.

And they're so surprised by what's going on lol.

Actually we have a tortured soul who was a coward and couldnt do himself....so he has to screws up the lives of others in his desire to die

His loved ones
His friends
The policemen who will relive this everyday of their lives.. and how it will screw them up

Sad.. sick..

Would I laugh.. you bet.. its how I would handle the stress,,

Laughing policemen is something every policeman knows about... if we didnt everyone would go nuts

retcop knows what I mean.. we dont even have to talk about it

It just is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 03:31 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Actually we have a tortured soul who was a coward and couldnt do himself....so he has to screws up the lives of others in his desire to die

His loved ones
His friends
The policemen who will relive this everyday of their lives.. and how it will screw them up

Sad.. sick..

Laughing policemen is something every policeman knows about... if we didnt everyone would go nuts

It just is...
Yes its like eating a sandwich next to a dead body. Only a cop would understand lol!!!

Old 09-25-2015, 03:37 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,484,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yes its like eating a sandwich next to a dead body. Only a cop would understand lol!!!
Or a doctor.

Mahrie.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:49 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I certainly do

When I was in Haiti on a USAR search team for three months after the 2010 earthquake we were directed NEVER to eat around the general population...

Starving people looking like zombies

But,, yes,, we have all eaten at homicide scenes...nature of the beast

"Our day starts when your day ends"

Old 09-25-2015, 03:50 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Just one little query; how do you drop a gun unless you already have it in your hand? How does getting shot for "reaching for it" jibe with being told to "drop the gun"???

Sir, would you please pick that gun up so you can drop it when I holler drop it. Just don't "reach for it" or you'll get shot. Just sorta snuggle it into your hand all cautious like, so you can then drop it ....OK? Mmmmmm
"Ummm, sir … Before we get into an issue about it … May I see your gun please … ??? … "

[perp hands the pistol to the officer, who examines it closely]

"Okay … I see that it is a real gun … 9mm semi-automatic … "

[officer removes the magazine, then replaces it]

"Fully loaded, one in the chamber … Okay … You have a Second Amendment right to own this, so I'll give it back to you now … "

[gives the pistol back to its rightful owner]

"I can't take this away from you until or unless you shoot one of us with it … But even then, you must be presumed innocent until you are found guilty in a court of law … So … Have a nice day, sir …"

Old 09-25-2015, 04:14 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I click on CNN News this morning and the first headline was
"Police Shoot Man in Wheelchair".
When I click on the link it turns out the police are called to the scene of an armed man in a wheelchair. In the end the man is shot by the police and dies. I don't know the full details, if it may have been justified or not but what really bothers me is the headline. Specifically written to paint a different picture than what happened.
If you don't know what happened, how do you know the headline was "specifically written to paint a different picture than what happened"? A man was in a wheelchair. He was shot. If he was shot by police, why is that headline misleading?

Sounds to me like you're the one who's trying to shade the story. Even the fact you say he was "armed" doesn't change much. What was he armed with? A toy gun? A cell phone? A fake bomb? A baseball bat? People who were even capable of running away have been shot by police very recently, so I'd say what he was armed with is just as important as the use of the word "armed" with no other verified information.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:15 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
^^^It should be so simple. As has been mentioned before, suicide by cop. It is cheaper the an insurance policy. If someone offs themself the family gets nothing. If they get the police to do it for them, they become a victim and the family can sue.
Unfortunately I think you are right

Old 09-25-2015, 04:20 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

His loved ones
His friends

Sad.. sick..

It just is...
Advice to anyone whose life has become unbearable (from a mental health counselor / chaplain / pastor):

If you truly cannot any longer handle the pain, stress, complications of your life, you are free to choose to leave this world peacefully, by stopping eating ...

Old 09-25-2015, 10:18 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I click on CNN News this morning and the first headline was
"Police Shoot Man in Wheelchair".
When I click on the link it turns out the police are called to the scene of an armed man in a wheelchair. In the end the man is shot by the police and dies. I don't know the full details, if it may have been justified or not but what really bothers me is the headline. Specifically written to paint a different picture than what happened.
Yes, that is partly what is fueling the war on police recently (it seems like a war on police to me, anyway).

Old 09-26-2015, 12:13 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Family Of Wheelchair-Bound Man Killed By Police Challenges Officers' Narrative, Citing Witness Footage - Ben Swann's Truth In Media

Family Of Wheelchair-Bound Man Killed By Police Challenges Officers’ Narrative, Citing Witness Footage

Quote:
Cellphone footage from the shooting of Jeremy McDole, a man in a wheelchair who was shot and killed by Delaware Police, has been cited by McDole's family to challenge the officers' narrative that McDole was armed at the time of the shooting.

An investigation is being launched into the shooting of Jeremy McDole, who was killed by police in Delaware on Wednesday. McDole was shot while sitting in his wheelchair on the street, and McDole’s family has cited cellphone footage from a witness to challenge the Wilmington Police Department’s narrative of the shooting.

Wilmington police reportedly responded to a call that McDole, a 28-year-old black man, was suffering from a self-inflicted gun wound in a neighborhood near the nursing home where he lived.

During a news conference following the shooting, Police Chief Bobby Cummings claimed that when officers arrived on the scene, they found McDole “still armed with a handgun” and they repeatedly told him to raise his hands.

Cummings said it was after McDole refused to comply and reached for a handgun at his waistband that four officers opened fire on him. Cummings also claimed that after McDole was killed, the officers found a .38 caliber gun at his side.

McDole’s mother, Phyllis McDole, interrupted the news conference and insisted that there was video evidence showing that her son was not armed.

“HE WAS IN A WHEELCHAIR, PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN. THERE’S VIDEO SHOWING THAT HE DIDN’T PULL A WEAPON,” SHE SAID. “I NEED ANSWERS.”

The Delaware Justice Department’s Office of Civil Rights and Public Trust is investigating the shooting. Richard Smith, the head of Delaware’s NAACP chapter, has called for a special prosecutor to investigate the shooting in order to “not have cops investigating cops.”

While Cummings has maintained that he couldn’t confirm anything until the investigation is complete, a cellphone video was released online that showed footage of the shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VreBFUons

The cellphone video appears to show Wilmington officers confronting Jeremy McDole on the street, where he is sitting in his wheelchair. As they approached with guns drawn, they yelled at him to “drop the gun” and to put his “hands up.”

McDole, who appears to be bleeding, fidgets for a few seconds, rubbing his hands on his knees and thighs, and then tries to raise himself out of his wheelchair. The moment his hand touches his waistband, the four officers open fire, striking McDole.

After he is shot, McDole freezes for a second and then falls out of his wheelchair and is motionless on the ground. No weapon appears to be visible in the bystander’s video.

McDole’s uncle, Eugene Smith, called the shooting “an execution” and said that when he saw his nephew 15 minutes before the incident, he did not have a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events