Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 04:39 PM

5,173 posts, read 4,945,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Cut and dried, the cop electrocuted the man without any need at all. It is a clear case of yet another cop acting as judge and jury .

And yet again it is the vigilance of the public that has caught yet another bad cop behaving badly and abusing the public.

well done to the person who videoed the cop to help protect the public.
You must be seeing something that isn't shown on the video. You can't make out the citizens hands or anything else above his legs when he is tasered, nor do you you hear what orders have been given. Any judgement made from viewing the video linked has been made long before the incident ever occurred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 10:05 PM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Discussing a topic is one thing, but some posters on here are out for blood against the police. Some of us on here like to hear/see all the facts possible before forming an opinion on the topic. I'm with animalcrazy on this one. We have no clue at all what happened before the video started recording or even during the video because the video is all over the place and doesn't even show the actual tazing due to it being off frame. We also have no clue about the verbal exchange between the suspect and the officer. Let the investigation pan out and then form a more formal opinion of the officer.
You will never have all the facts. So why are you discussing this?

Old 09-28-2015, 11:24 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
May have been one of the states that lowered the bar to get new recruits.
And this is something that is not talk about, but in my opinion part of the bigger problem.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:02 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You will never have all the facts. So why are you discussing this?
That's why I said "all the facts possible". As for this issue, we really have no facts at all to go off of except that some guy got tazed and even then you can't even see the tazing. That is hardly any type of fact to form an opinion on whether this officer is a good officer or a bad officer or whether the suspect is a good guy or a bad guy.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:13 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Discussing a topic is one thing, but some posters on here are out for blood against the police. Some of us on here like to hear/see all the facts possible before forming an opinion on the topic. I'm with animalcrazy on this one. We have no clue at all what happened before the video started recording or even during the video because the video is all over the place and doesn't even show the actual tazing due to it being off frame. We also have no clue about the verbal exchange between the suspect and the officer. Let the investigation pan out and then form a more formal opinion of the officer.

Thank you. Some people just can't see the forest for the trees, or they're blinded by hate It always amazes me that the one size fits all mentality will do anything to twist the facts to fit their delusional agenda. Talk about being the judge and jury I prefer to be fair and it seems you do too headingtoDenver. I saw this video on Facebook about two men with their pants down in a public rest room. One man was behind the other and from behind it looked like they were doing something inappropriate. From another angle you can clearly see that the man from behind was doing the Heimlich maneuver trying to save the man's life. (It was funnier then heck by the way.) Moral of story is that it's easy to jump to a knee jerk opinion based on what we want to see. It takes a rational person to take it one step further to deal with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. The rest will just have to live in their simple minded delusional world.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:24 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:

nope.

That is just rubbish, your real issue is that the video is cut and dried. It clearly shows the cop breaking the law, so you want to limit and delay comments.
When ever it is as clear as day the cops were wrong, the cop lovers come out of the wood work to claim we need to slow down and wait for all the info...

we when see a bad guy do something wrong, punters like you are posting within seconds how a brave innocent cop was murdered by a thug... no waiting for info on those threads...

Old 09-29-2015, 09:34 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Looking at some of the post i am surprised
I thought Stromfront message board people didn't like cops either

Old 09-29-2015, 09:55 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
nope.

That is just rubbish, your real issue is that the video is cut and dried. It clearly shows the cop breaking the law, so you want to limit and delay comments.
When ever it is as clear as day the cops were wrong, the cop lovers come out of the wood work to claim we need to slow down and wait for all the info...

we when see a bad guy do something wrong, punters like you are posting within seconds how a brave innocent cop was murdered by a thug... no waiting for info on those threads...
You must have seen a different video than we have. Can you post that video? I would love to see the entire exchange between the cop and the suspect.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:40 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
nope.

Very true and very good point.

Another tactic is trying to make it "Pro-Cop vs. Anti-Cop"

Most people understand the reason we have Police. What people don't want is the Police state we have now. Where people's personal preferences dictate YOUR life. Where we're criminal before any actual crime has been committed. Etc.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:33 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
nope.

I've only seen one video that was cut and dry and that was when the cop shot the suspect in the back while he was running away. There's no disputing that it was unjustified murder. This video is a snippet of the out come. Maybe it would be wise to see the whole exchange before passing judgement. You're perfectly within your right to jump to any conclusion that fits into your agenda. My agenda is about fairness and looking at all of the facts, and not forming an opinion without a whole lot of questions being answered. The video is not cut and dry in my opinion. You don't have to be a "cop lover" to be fair. but you do have to be a hater to be unfair. I would love to see you walk in a cops shoes for awhile. Maybe you would have a better understanding of what the job is really like. I'm sure most people who get tazed would call it police brutality, but how many of them actually deserve it? Well according to the haters...No One.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events