Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 11:56 AM

31,999 posts, read 36,610,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
My point was to you saying he had finished his business and had nothing further to do with the scene....he knew he shot an innocent person in the head, is leaving the scene rather than rendering aid and staying to talk to the cops "his best"? If so, I hope we never see his worst.

Your post makes it sound like you think he was well within his rights to leave the scene of a crime in which he shot an innocent man in the head...do you actually think that?
What's he supposed to do? Just stand there and say, "Okay, I shot the guy."

If he does that he's making himself a sitting duck for both criminal and/or civil liability. If he's got no shooter's insurance, he could be forced to pay damages out of his own pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 12:10 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,948,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

If he does that he's making himself a sitting duck for both criminal and/or civil liability. If he's got no shooter's insurance, he could be forced to pay damages out of his own pocket.
The simple answer is Yes. Yes he should have stayed with the person he shot to help render aid and talk to the police about the situation. After all, he IS responsible and should be liable for the damage he caused.

So, if some random person shot you in the head (by accident), wouldn't you want them to stay around or are you perfectly ok with him gathering his shells and bailing?

Old 10-05-2015, 12:11 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,188,286 times
Quote:

Too easy!!!

LOL. Wow.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:59 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,004,898 times
Quote:

Yes, that is exactly what he was supposed to do and what any CCW holder would have been taught. Somehow the presumption seems to have arisen that this guy was legally carrying but I am not making that leap.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:00 PM

28,583 posts, read 18,625,747 times
Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
That would be very likely even if he'd correctly shot the bad guy. Everyone carrying a weapon should understand that if they ever use it, they will most likely face thousands of dollars of attorney fees even as a good outcome. Everyone who gets a CHL should make getting liability insurance and some kind of legal shield insurance his next two tasks.

And if he shoots the wrong guy, it's only right, just, and moral that he should be liable for damages. Shooting someone who would not have been shot except for you is not the same thing as attempting to render aid to someone who is already injured.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:11 PM

50,325 posts, read 35,962,789 times
Quote:

Then he shouldn't have shot. I am really not at all sure what you are saying. He was required by law to stay, there is no choice. Sitting duck for what?? Are you saying it is okay for him to break the law? He shot a man, he shouldn't have to answer for it?? You wouldn't render aid if you shot the wrong man??
I really don't understand what you are arguing for here. Are you for law-abiding gun use, or aren't you? The car jacker was no longer on the scene btw, so that had no bearing on the guy leaving.

If it was your innocent loved one shot in the head by a man who just runs and leaves him to die, you would be fine with it as long as his intentions were good originally?? I really need a little more to understand exactly what you are saying/intending to mean, because right now honestly I can't see any ration or reason in your arguments.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 AM

46,842 posts, read 25,785,504 times
Quote:
Yes. Responsibility, it's a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events