Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 06:30 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,430,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrr View Post
I give it a good two, three years, and she will be sobbing over her "choice"...
How about the next morning trying to find the bathroom....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 07:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Oh, don't get that thought accepted, I can see poor people being used for their body parts now to let the wealthy have a "better life" off their suffering.
This put a weird vision in my head........ What are some people becoming.......

Old 10-02-2015, 07:29 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Gender identification isn't remotely the same as wanting to be disabled. Sex-reassignment surgery isn't remotely analogous to disabling oneself of one's sight.

You might want to work on your concept of basic logic.
Exactly. Comparing the two is completely illogical. Anyway, I have heard about this mental illness, and it is extremely rare. It most commonly takes the form of the person wanting his/her limb amputated, especially a leg. The person is obsessed with becoming an amputee. It's very strange, but after so many years of wanting the healthy limb amputated, a plastic surgeon can remove the limb, the person uses crutches for mobility, and he/she feels normal and happy again.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:44 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Hey...If she's happy being blind and bumping into stuff, good for her! Just dont go looking for any govt funded programs for the blind since this was a choice!

Old 10-02-2015, 07:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schermerhorn View Post
I am blind in one eye and have impaired vision in the other. I would give anything to experience stereo vision, let alone 20/20 stereo vision.

Hopefully in future decades eye transplants will be possible and she can contribute her eye to someone who would really appreciate it.
I've needed glasses since I was in first grade; even after Lasik I am not correctable to 20/20. I'm with you...I'd give almost anything for healthy eyes and clear, sharp vision in both eyes. My astigmatism is so bad in my right eye that I still have blurry spots even wearing contacts and glasses.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Thats one way to get disability SSI.

Doubt this was her motivation. Seems she took the special snowflake thing a tad further than most.

Self- induced disability should be disqualified from disability benefits.

Same goes for the " My 600 Pound Life" folk.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:05 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times
Deciding to be blind, I hope there is no disability payment for the blindness. A disability payment for a psychologist to treat the mental disease, that is fine. Payments to cover her being unable to work as effectively, hell no.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:42 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Doubt this was her motivation. Seems she took the special snowflake thing a tad further than most.

Self- induced disability should be disqualified from disability benefits.

Same goes for the " My 600 Pound Life" folk.
GOD YES. Collecting "benefits" (that term for handouts bothers me) for self induced problems is justifiable how?
I'll never comprehend it.
Same for prisoners who get sex-reassignment meds while in prison. What the hell? HOW is that OK?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:50 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
This woman is a sick scum-bag. And, it's also sick that people's taxes will have to pay for this self-induced disability.

I myself wear glasses and have needed them for years. I would love to have 20-20 eye-sight, but don't. So, I have 0 sympathy for someone who intentionally makes themselves disabled like this.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:44 AM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I didn't read the article but the headline makes me wonder what is up with the psychologist that did it.

I know I must be a hateful bigot but in my opinion almost all cases of "transgenderism sex reassignment" are the result of some sort of mental problems.
It's a popularity contest. Prior the 1974 the American Psychiatric Association considered homosexuality a disorder. Is Transgenderism a disorder, White people who think their Black, or in this case a sighted woman who thinks she is blind? Apparently if the APA and other organizations say they are, they are

I'm fine with any of it, as long as it doesn't affect me personally or financially. She can be blind all she wants.

http://www.behaviorismandmentalhealt...hat-went-away/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events