Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 02:34 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,761,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Does the Second Amendment say, "well-regulated militia" … ??? … or not … ???
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

You gun grabbers always seem to forget everything after well regulated. In fact the second amendment says NOTHING about regulating firearms; it only says well regulated militia. The firearms part is a right.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
What a shame, it looks like a beautiful and peaceful area.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:35 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Been listening to live stream. A student named Courtney was reported to say that she watched her teacher get shot in the head. The gunman was in the room, and asked them all to stand up and state their religion. Then the shooting began.

No more info on that.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:36 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I can not confirm that this is real, but it seems more than likely real to me from what I have researched.
Supposedly he posted a warning last night on the web.
A screen shot:
http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1443725282402.jpg
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001 » Thread #22785073
Well it's obvious this 28 year was fed up and planned to go out in (His fantasy) style..Suicide by cop...He even said..it's either that or his parent's would kill him..Yikes..I feel so bad for his parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Nonsense. The NRA insisted on background checks and helped the FBI create the NICS background check system in 1998.

Further, the NRA supported the Mental Health and Safe Communities Act that would STRENGTHEN background checks to help prevent mentally ill people from acquiring weapons.

The NRA has trained millions of people in the safe use, handling and storage of firearms.

Meanwhile, Liberals that oppose the NRA and constantly whine about firearms safety haven't trained a single person in firearms safety. They haven't lifted a finger to actually physically improve safety. But they have created plenty of gun free zones where these shootings, almost without exception, occur unopposed.
BBM~~~ You are suggesting that NRA cooperated...but that is not true in the end...While is said "Instant Checks ( including gun shows too) ..when actually legislation was proposed..He fought tooth and nail to get it blocked..pulling out all stops..and as real life happens..the one Senator who was to vote against..changed it due to mass shooting in his home STATE that very day!

History lesson: the NRA
snip~

Quote:
In the context of Columbine, LaPierre testified before a panel of the House Judiciary Committee, and trod a very careful line between “what’s reasonable and what’s not.” So, LaPierre said he was in favor of “instant checks at gun shows just like at gun stores and pawn shops.” But then he described as “unreasonable” nine aspects of the key legislation being pushed by Democrats at the time, led by Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.).

Essentially, he opposed the entire Lautenberg bill as “made-for-TV lawmaking”—and the NRA lobbied hard against it. But it also ran an ad campaign in newspapers titled “Be Reasonable” that reprinted LaPierre’s testimony. If you read his testimony, you will see that the crux of it is that existing laws must be better enforced — exactly the same position the NRA takes today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If a kid hits another kid with his fists, is the best option to start removing the arms of children?
Now this is just being silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That's one twisted thread. Several beta males egging him on to do it. Then coming back after the fact like they admired him.
Yeah I know!! Many sick people are out there..and just like this creep had an anonymous handle..and no one would even know who the heck he is.

It should become more appropriate for any poster that see's such things should report it to their mods..and let them report it to appropriate agency since they could research his postings and have access to IP address etc.. That may have saved over a dozen young people from death today..as from his posts..it's obvious his parent's were trying to stop this out of control young adult!!

Old 10-01-2015, 02:37 PM

572 posts, read 551,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I have nothing against gun ownership. But certain people don't need guns and certain types of guns are unecessary. Lots of things were going on in our country when the founding fathers were around including slavery, women had zero rights, etc. Again, sometimes it's time to move on.

yet, the articles that were drafted at the same period in time are the exact words used to lift the restrictions placed upon the 'underclasses' -

the document itself provided the ideals and basis for the sufferage movement, emancipation proclimation, recognized gay marriages, etc etc etc....

Old 10-01-2015, 02:37 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Impossible! Guns aren't allowed on campus.

(sarcasm)

Old 10-01-2015, 02:39 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
What does that even mean?

Think of it this way (focusing on the spoon analogy). The Aurora theater shooting. Guy busts into the theater and mows half the place down. Lots of random innocent people die. Replace gun with spoon. Guy busts into a theater and half the theater instantly becomes fat. It doesn't work that way. I hate hearing that analogy about the spoon because it is a horrible analogy. I can get a gun and go take a life. I cannot get a spoon and make someone fat.
If you can't understand such a simple concept, there is no way I can explain that water is wet to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Being that she lived with him, she shouldn't have been allowed to have gun either. If ten year olds can figure out how to get their parents gun, I'm sure a grown man with mental issues can figure it out as well.
So, is your contention that had his mother not had guns, it was not possible for him to get any?

Old 10-01-2015, 02:40 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
We point out that Iraq and Afghanistan are places where bombings and shootings take place a the time in markets and mosques and gatherings. We call it third world. Yet........ Here in the good old u s of a we ALLOW terrorists with automatic weapons to kill our CHILDREN in their schools . have we no shame... Our CHILDREN.... How low we have sunk to where WE find this acceptable.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
We point out that Iraq and Afghanistan are places where bombings and shootings take place a the time in markets and mosques and gatherings. We call it third world. Yet........ Here in the good old u s of a we ALLOW terrorists with automatic weapons to kill our CHILDREN in their schools . have we no shame... Our CHILDREN.... How low we have sunk to where WE find this acceptable.
What school massacre ever involved an automatic weapon? I don't believe a single one has.

Additionally, we don't allow it. We have laws against it. Apparently such laws don't work.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:42 PM

572 posts, read 551,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm sorry, I did not hear that automatic weapons are allowed for the general public - when was that provision of our body of changed?

or is this hyperbole?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events