Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 02:43 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you can't understand such a simple concept, there is no way I can explain that water is wet to you.

So, is your contention that had his mother not had guns, it was not possible for him to get any?
It would have been more difficult. I can't forsee some weird, mentally ill white guy going to the hood to get a gun. Perhaps he could have found some shady gun seller to get one, but again by making it more difficult it decreases the liklihood of those types getting a gun.

Laws aren't meant to 100% stop something from happening, they are just deterrents because ultimately anybody can break any law.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:43 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Obviously there should have been NO guns and ammo in that household …

(duh)

But mom was a gun nut and took her crazy son to the gun range, making sure he knew how to use them ...
There is this thing called U tube.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Old 10-01-2015, 02:45 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Conflicting Info coming out....possibly a former student. Only one classroom with about 30 people in one room.

I heard a live report from a student in the next classroom and read updates. The Oregon AG's office is confirming 13 dead and they saw shooter is dead. There is suppose to be a live update an minute.

Oregon responded with a mass casualty response. Six choppers sent to move patients to Trauma Centers in Springfield/ Eugene. One confirmed transport to the Eugene area trauma center, a second patient might have been transported via a different medical helicopter service.

Of about 10 victims transported to Mercy Medical Center locally, two are confirmed deceased. The numbers may change as wounded might have been double counted as wounded and deceased. There weren't 35- 40 people in the one classroom. OR is confirming only one classroom where this shooter shot......

Meanwhile, three medical helicopters are still at Mercy to transport patients if needed. It sounds like the Eugene area trauma centers will be receiving the most severely shot and will be able to accommodate the numbers so Portland and other hospitals won't be receiving patients.

Apparently, the shooter was well known to law enforcement.

Live news conference on now. Law enforcement confirms shooter is dead.

Mercy Medical Center posted, " Please pray".

MSR

Old 10-01-2015, 02:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
It would have been more difficult. I can't forsee some weird, mentally ill white guy going to the hood to get a gun. Perhaps he could have found some shady gun seller to get one, but again by making it more difficult it decreases the liklihood of those types getting a gun.

Laws aren't meant to 100% stop something from happening, they are just deterrents because ultimately anybody can break any law.
In regards to cocaine, it is illegal to import it, transport it, possess it, sell it, buy it or use it; however, practically any person can obtain cocaine within 48 hours at the most.

If all of the laws against cocaine doesn't keep it from being readily available on the streets, what magic law will prevent guns from being readily available on the streets?

Old 10-01-2015, 02:46 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Sorry guys. Semi Auto weapons. I don't care about what kind of weapon was used. My message is that YALL seem to give it a pass and shrug shoulders like nothing can be done. Something has to be done.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:47 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Hell yes! She has to give up her rights to have guns and ammunition in a house with a mentally unstable person.
Not unless that person is a felon.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:49 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalassassin View Post
None of that happened until White people invaded.

Look at countries where we haven't invaded. Such as Jordan, Iran, Maylasia, and Indonesia. 90%+ follow Islam. Yet no attacks or bombings.

Face the facts.
Are you saying that it's western culture that causes this? Because if you are I am in agreement. My point is that we need to find a way to stop these mass shootings. Making jokes about how the shooter needed a girlfriend ain't gonna cut it anymore.

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
We point out that Iraq and Afghanistan are places where bombings and shootings take place a the time in markets and mosques and gatherings. We call it third world. Yet........ Here in the good old u s of a we ALLOW terrorists with automatic weapons to kill our CHILDREN in their schools . have we no shame... Our CHILDREN.... How low we have sunk to where WE find this acceptable.

How about instead of screwing with the majority gun owners that legally own them, and that have NEVER committed a violent crime with them, we start getting tough on criminals that do commit violent crimes? In other words, armed robbery, tough s*** you get sentenced to 25 years no parole! Convicted of murder or rape! In other words, if you kill someone other than in the act of self defense, then it's life, or swing from a rope! No appeals, no chance of parole! Will it stop all crime? No. But it will further serve as a deterrent that society isn't screwing around, and if you act like a low life scumbag, we'll treat you like one!

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Sorry guys. Semi Auto weapons. I don't care about what kind of weapon was used. My message is that YALL seem to give it a pass and shrug shoulders like nothing can be done. Something has to be done.
Here is the thing, nothing reasonable can be done. Additional laws will only cause people who CHOOSE to follow those laws to jump through additional hoops.

There is nothing that will prevent a lunatic from getting a gun and killing people with it. NOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events