Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2015, 04:37 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The number of guns someone owns is not an indicator of anything. I own quite a few guns. Doesn't mean I'm unstable. That said, this guy had a number of flags flying, other than the fact he owned guns, alone. Having washed out of the Army, not even getting through boot, being a biggy. Exactly what his malfunction was, there's no information, and the Army will cut someone loose , who's a total psyche case, on a general discharge, with no following record. I'd be interested to know what the story is there.

His social media ramblings , certainly, had an odor, as does his whole life record. I had brought up his service discharge as an issue , in another thread. Thing is, I believe a LOT of people like him get dumped by the Armed Forces, on an unwitting , civilian population. A dishonorable discharge is grounds to disqualify one from firearms ownership. But, many , who should be drummed out thus, are done under "less than honorable" or just general status. Nor do any but the very worst have any records, public ones, that follow them out.

There should be more...disclosure...regarding reasons someone is disqualified from or let go from, service. Some of these types ARE genuianally dangerous. They scare the Armed Forces, they should scare us civvys. They do scare me. And, there's a LOT of them out there. I , personally, know one individual, who deserted, during Viet Nam, who changes hiss SS # and identity, and didn't get caught till recently. My ex BIL. All they did was amend his DD214 to "less than honorable". Pretty sad. So, I think certain aspects of discharge from service could be a place to start looking for nut cases like this. Many SHOULD be disqualified from owning firearms, and would be, IF the system were more thorough.

I'm not talking about people who just aren't cut out for service. I'm talking about the nut cases, that just get dumped back into civilian life because they are genuianally spooky.
Yes let's destroy the lives of hundreds or thousands of people a year to stop one guy from getting a gun. Never mind what you might drive those to do who could have otherwise turned their lives around if you hadn't marked them as outcasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 04:51 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
How much skill does it take to make a Molotov cocktail??? Or use rat poison in the school cafeteria? I hate to inform: u with a lot of thought (add the little ****ers om those message boards) too much time om their hands, they will invent other ways to do mass killings. Human nature sucks.
Why don't they do that now? Isn't it cheaper and easier to use Molotov cocktails and rat poison??

Old 10-04-2015, 04:53 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why don't they do that now? Isn't it cheaper and easier to use Molotov cocktails and rat poison??
Your guess is as good as mine.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
These guys don't want to kill like that. They want to be the choosers, walk around and pass judgement and decide who lives/who dies, like God. They all do this, walk around one by one and ask things like this guy did, "what religion are you", they want the power that comes with looking someone in their eyes before they kill them.

Terrorists just want mass numbers, they are happy with bombs or poison, these guys, these school shooters are a different breed and I do not think he would have done this if he didn't have gun access.
Its quite evident these guys believe they are morally and intellectually superior to the Stacies and Chads they choose to kill.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Actually revealed weeks (even months) before, his psychotic nature; his mother knew. You have to scour the web to find this stuff out. MSNBC ain't talking.

This is why they had psych hospitals (you youngin's probably don't remember). The Dems made them close those places 40 years ago (because they were "inhumane.") Hey, idiots, you could've hired 150,000 bureaucrats, on the fed payroll, of course, to "manage" those hospitals. All of them would've voted (D), of course. And the released nutcases don't even vote. What were you thinking?

Dems have blood on their hands - again.
Wasn't it conservative budget slashing that killed social service programs in the first place?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Your guess is as good as mine.
Which leads me to believe there are reasons these people choose guns. Recognizing and addressing these reasons would go a long way in alleviating many issues.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Actually revealed weeks (even months) before, his psychotic nature; his mother knew. You have to scour the web to find this stuff out. MSNBC ain't talking.

This is why they had psych hospitals (you youngin's probably don't remember). The Dems made them close those places 40 years ago (because they were "inhumane.") Hey, idiots, you could've hired 150,000 bureaucrats, on the fed payroll, of course, to "manage" those hospitals. All of them would've voted (D), of course. And the released nutcases don't even vote. What were you thinking?

Dems have blood on their hands - again.
n

Um community based services were supposed to be there. Conservatives should of shelled out the cash and made it easier to get access to mental health services. Right?

Old 10-04-2015, 05:13 PM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
I find it very funny that the media and posters on here as well have been pretty quiet with the latest updates on the case. Much new info has emerged such as the doctored pics that the media showed us.

The Curious Case of Oregon Shooter Chris Harper-Mercer – A Social Media Profile Shaped, Modified and Deleted… | The Last Refuge

Now I know that there will be flack that it is The Conservative Treehouse but just google Christopher Sean Mercer and you'll find more than 1 picture of this young man. I'm just curious as to why the media has been reluctant to address some of what has come out about this guy.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Which leads me to believe there are reasons these people choose guns. Recognizing and addressing these reasons would go a long way in alleviating many issues.
Maybe the notoriety is what drives them to a find a gun...

Old 10-04-2015, 05:56 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,198 times
Its like telling someone on a bridge to jump...we want to see something happen. Its no big deal, relax folks. Its an online forum where we ware all perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events