Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 11:52 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
THE problem is too many guns too easily available to people who should have NO access to guns and ammo ...
More double talk. Explain how a law prevents someonw from getting a gun? Then lets start with some less controversial, you know, to prove it works. Whaddaya say? Lets eliminate easy access to cigarettes or vap wares since the deaths caused by cigarettes have been known for decades now and aren't the companies making them selling them knowing they will kill people? You think death from lung diseases is less painful or less permanent that any other death?

States are adopting laws that make it ok for people to kill themselves because of terminal illnesses some of which are directly and irrefutably caused by smoking yet I bet you're unwilling to support cigarette controls to limit acceas to prevent those deaths. Oh wait, that was tried, it didn't work.

How is the maker and seller of cigarettes less liable than some shooter? The aaddict doesn't have a choice as the ilk of liberialism has said over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 12:02 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times

Old 10-07-2015, 12:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BolmMuTCMAMFW4g.png

Can't rep you again or I would, well done!

Old 10-07-2015, 12:58 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
No discussion, just facts -

How Mass Shooters Got Their Guns - NYT

Old 10-07-2015, 01:28 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think some situations would be solved by a good guy with a gun but not nearly as many as you and others seem to believe.

As for active shooter situations my question remains: How does LE know who is who when multiple people have weapons drawn?
When LE arrives the lawful armed citizen raises his empty hands in the air.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:03 PM

How do children get drugs, booze and cigarettes? They buy them. Aren't there laws prohibiting that? Yes, a child can figure out how to get around those laws but somehow, criminals and the mentally ill won't be able to figure out how to kill people without a gun or bypass any gun control laws.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:15 PM

Knives are used in felony deaths at the same rate as handguns. Source: FBI.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He had Asperger's from what I have read, and apparently the Mom also struggled with the same d/o (per her own words though, can't vouch for that). He did not have any diagnosed mental disorder at all.
Just as an Fyi,just because someone has Aspergers or is on the spectrum should not automatically preclude them from gun ownership as it doesn't automatically make them violent, homocidal or suicidal.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:14 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
When LE arrives the lawful armed citizen raises his empty hands in the air.
How does the lawful armed citizen know when LE arrives? And how does LE know who LAC is when they arrive on scene?

Old 10-07-2015, 08:44 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
More double talk. Explain how a law prevents someonw from getting a gun? Then lets start with some less controversial, you know, to prove it works. Whaddaya say? Lets eliminate easy access to cigarettes or vap wares since the deaths caused by cigarettes have been known for decades now and aren't the companies making them selling them knowing they will kill people? You think death from lung diseases is less painful or less permanent that any other death?

States are adopting laws that make it ok for people to kill themselves because of terminal illnesses some of which are directly and irrefutably caused by smoking yet I bet you're unwilling to support cigarette controls to limit acceas to prevent those deaths. Oh wait, that was tried, it didn't work.

How is the maker and seller of cigarettes less liable than some shooter? The aaddict doesn't have a choice as the ilk of liberialism has said over and over.
I believe in my human and civil right -- and the civil and human right of my children and grandchildren -- to live in an ordered society … not a PERFECT society, but the best one, safest, most reasonable, that we can arrange … And that necessarily includes agreed upon laws, rules, regulations, etc. ...

No, I do not believe in just throwing up our hand and abolishing all speed limits just because some people still drive recklessly in spite of the posted limits …

I do not think it is a good idea to cease enforcing laws against drunk driving just because some people go ahead a drive while intoxicated anyway … and some even get away with it, at least sometimes for a while ...

I do not think it is reasonable or helpful to allow the "perfect" to be the enemy of the "good" ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events