Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 09:24 AM

8,318 posts, read 4,289,477 times

Advertisements

Soon enough the "Islamic radicals", "Isis" or what ever name Muslims hide behind this week, are going to make enough countries mad enough to get their butt kicked once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 10:24 AM

2,415 posts, read 2,007,292 times
Vague tangent - from another part of the world ...

Japanese man shot dead in Bangladesh; Islamic State link probed | The Japan Times

Old 10-03-2015, 03:06 PM

19,702 posts, read 11,953,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
We banned guns and yet I still don't understand how we still have access them....

This is the kid getting owned by the cop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31MSoAphink
It is crazy that this happened in Australia. Even more crazy that no one is talking about it.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:16 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,112,990 times
Quote:
We banned guns and yet I still don't understand how we still have access them....

How are guns banned there? Handguns or any guns? What happened to the guns already in circulation?

Old 10-03-2015, 03:17 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,968,951 times
I thought that guns were illegal in Australia?

Old 10-03-2015, 03:43 PM

14,772 posts, read 17,035,541 times
Ah.
This misconception. You'd think the gun lovers would understand this by now

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

A common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Australia and that no individual may possess them. Although it is true that Australia has restrictive firearms laws, rifles and shotguns (both of which include semi-automatics), as well as handguns, are all legal within a narrow set of criteria.

Quote:

This is the kid getting owned by the cop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31MSoAphink
You don't know? Geez. guns are being illegally imported through organised gangs (bikies), especially through US

How this 15 year old got his hands on an old handgun is yet to be determined.
A boy, born in Iran, shoots an IT worker, on his way home from work.....
what a waste of life....

Old 10-03-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Soon enough the "Islamic radicals", "Isis" or what ever name Muslims hide behind this week, are going to make enough countries mad enough to get their butt kicked once and for all.
No they aren't. The world has become wussified.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Ah.
This misconception. You'd think the gun lovers would understand this by now

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

A common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Australia and that no individual may possess them. Although it is true that Australia has restrictive firearms laws, rifles and shotguns (both of which include semi-automatics), as well as handguns, are all legal within a narrow set of criteria.

You don't know? Geez. guns are being illegally imported through organised gangs (bikies), especially through US

How this 15 year old got his hands on an old handgun is yet to be determined.
A boy, born in Iran, shoots an IT worker, on his way home from work.....
what a waste of life....
I fully understand the gun laws in Australia. They don't a right like our 2nd amendment, probably due to the nature of their beginnings. That being said, I keep being told that if we have tighter gun restrictions like Australia for instance, these things would be non existent.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:59 PM

14,772 posts, read 17,035,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I fully understand the gun laws in Australia. They don't a right like our 2nd amendment, probably due to the nature of their beginnings. That being said, I keep being told that if we have tighter gun restrictions like Australia for instance, these things would be non existent.

No. We don't have a 2nd amendment, and our laws aren't bound to times that are no longer relevant.
Fact: I can have a gun, for the right reasons, if I want one.

We had a horrific mass murder 20 years ago, and made a choice.
Fact: result is, no mass murders since. zero.
Combine that with a significant reduction in rate of young men killing themselves via gun. We made the right decision, for us.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:57 PM

2,415 posts, read 2,007,292 times
Don't think this is the right thread to digress on the US domestic gun situation - regardless of position. Or the overall gun position in OZ. it's about the tragic slaying of an Australian police employee - and the Islamist motive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events