Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 06:17 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Quite true. And quite heartless of the press to conduct themselves in that manner. I don't know if this is apocryphal but some have said that the nickname "the press" comes from turning the verb description of their actions into a noun.
I believe the media is part of the driving force behind people wanting 15 mins of fame. Some will do anything to achieve this.....

Quote:
Only one minor quibble here. I lost my father from death at age 15 and my mother remarried 1 1/2 years later. The marriage was ended by their deaths 39 and 40 years later. My biological father was not present but our home was every bit as stable as most "intact" homes.
I agree with you here, I come from a divorced family and my step-dad was more of a father than my real dad.......the key here we both had step dads who cared!

Quote:
One other factor worth mentioning is that many homes with a child having issues break up over those issues. My wife and I have a son on the high-functioning end of autistic spectrum. I say with pride that we are among the few intact and happily married such families. It may be a "chicken and egg" situation. But that's a quibble. Guns, politics and racism are not the causes of these massacres.
Even with my quibbles I couldn't agree more. Thus I'm going to rep this post after hitting the "Submit Reply" button.
I think the most important thing is to remember you both made the child. Even if there is a divorce the children are still the responsibility of both parents, one cannot walk away from the children. Fathers have to at least be the authority their kids need.

I agree with you on the reason these killings happen..... I feel it's more about power, scaring, and some hateful need to make others suffer.

By the way thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 07:42 AM

201 posts, read 190,055 times
James who?

Old 10-07-2015, 08:24 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
I love how some people are just so interested in what some washed up actor thinks about politics.

James who?

This is basically a Twitter press release to further another flailing career by being as bombastic as possible to get his name out there. And you're falling for it.

Washed up actor? OMG. I didn't know this was a thread about Jim Carrey's latest liberal croakings.

¡Adios!

Old 10-07-2015, 11:35 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Is there anything at all that Obama is not blamed for in this country. I have never heard of a President bad mouthed, to the extent that Obama has been. Imagine being responsible for some of the trash in this country. I doubt Obama is concerned at all, about James Wood and his mouth. I can't remember the last time I saw Woods in a move. Maybe he is a has been.
Obama in turn has accepted nearly zero responsibility for anything, blaming everyone else for mistakes. Please.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:45 AM

613 posts, read 463,413 times
When has he blamed anyone for anything? Yet every time something happens, people will reach as high as they can to find some reason to blame Obama.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:22 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,238 times
James Woods...?
Another self absorbed Hollywood egotist who thinks his opinion deserves more recognition than the average citizen because he makes crappy movies. This one happens to favor the reps, we usually hear from the ones who favor dems.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:33 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times

Old 10-14-2015, 05:17 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
James Woods...?
Another self absorbed Hollywood egotist who thinks his opinion deserves more recognition than the average citizen because he makes crappy movies. This one happens to favor the reps, we usually hear from the ones who favor dems.
The issue is not who he is but the merits of what he says. It is true that his POV is heard more than others but still the fact that he is famous, justly or unjustly doesn't detract from his criticism of Obama's cheesy politicization of the shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events