Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:03 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,883,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Ah yes. James Woods, the classic example of one so intelligent that they are crazy. Woods has his own history of using guns inappropriately (ask one of his many wives). Either way, I just love how Christians have made this tragedy about them.
Seems to me it's others who don't want to talk about the shooter who has made this a Christian thing.....nice try trying to blame Christians again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 10:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,883,590 times
This dynamic was morbidly illustrated by the shooter’s own father, Ian Mercer, over the weekend. In an interview on CNN, he launched into an unprompted diatribe about gun control laws. His son shot and killed nine people and the first thing he apparently thought to blame was lax gun regulation. It was disturbing and difficult to watch him as he desperately reached for the closest available rationalization. He’s wrong, but I feel for him. He didn’t send his son to execute a classroom full of innocent people. He didn’t want this to happen. He isn’t the murderer. And although his son is the villain in this scenario, he is still a father dealing with the loss of a child. I can’t imagine the utter and complete emotional desolation he must be experiencing. To make matters worse, in the midst of his overwhelming sadness, guilt, anger and grief, he’s been asked to offer a diagnosis of his killer son on national TV. He retreated to gun control talking points because he didn’t want to face the real questions. And I suppose we shouldn’t blame him for not wanting to face them with a camera and a microphone shoved in his grill.
Still, I can’t help but note that Ian Mercer was interviewed from the home he didn’t share with his son. The shooter came from a divorced family. He lived with his mother. Same was true of Dylann Roof, who also slaughtered nine people. Same was true of Adam Lanza, who massacred 20 children a couple years ago. All came from broken homes. None was close with his father.
In all of these cases, the media and Obama — and this time even the perpetrator’s father — diligently counted how many guns the killers had in their homes but failed to notice how many parents they had in their homes. That seems like quite a detail to overlook. Before we wonder if a guy’s access to guns turned him into a murderer, you’d think we’d pause to reflect on whether his lack of access to his own father might have played a role.
These mass killings happen with relative frequency, and they are usually not perpetrated by men who grew up in strong families with both biological parents present. Divorce and fatherlessness are the two elements that tie most of these cases together. No other factor — gun laws, politics, racism, etc. — comes close. Dylann Roof was a white guy killing black people, Vester Flanagan was a black guy killing white people. Their races were different, yet the one line that cut right through both of them was divorce. Even in cases where the killer’s parents are still married, a closer inspection will often reveal a home filled with instability and chaos.
Indeed, it’s not just the high publicity tragedies that seem to always involve broken homes. The statistics across the board are staggering and conclusive: 90 percent of homeless kids are from fatherless homes; 63 percent of kids who commit suicide are from fatherless homes; 71 percent of high school dropouts are from fatherless homes. Children from fatherless homes are at a much greater risk of developing drug addictions and are four times as likely to be poor. Out of all the youths in prison, a full 85 percent are from fatherless homes. In the inner city where violence and drug abuse are rampant, four out of every five children are growing up without their biological fathers.
You name the societal ill or problematic group — from violent boys to promiscuous girls to everything in between — and right there in the middle you’ll find broken homes, unstable families and absent fathers.

MATT WALSH: Our Kids Don't Need Gun Control Laws, They Need Fathers - Girls Just Wanna Have Guns

Old 10-06-2015, 10:12 AM

19,086 posts, read 16,895,426 times
Why do actors such as James Woods believe their opinion has any more value than the average American? Regardless of what the president said or doesn't say someone would not agree with his statements, it's a no win situation. The Presidents faith or lack of depending on ones perspective also is irrelevant because he is this countries political leader not spiritual leader. If you need spiritual leadership, the last I looked in the paper churches are like Baskin Robins 47 varieties just pick your preference and enjoy.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,169,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems to me it's others who don't want to talk about the shooter who has made this a Christian thing.....nice try trying to blame Christians again!
But no one made it about Christians except the person who lied about the shooter's motivation and the dullards who believed it without any corroboration.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:16 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,510,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Does it matter what the victims are, other than dead?
It they were all black there would be riots.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:32 PM

9,508 posts, read 16,411,541 times
Is there anything at all that Obama is not blamed for in this country. I have never heard of a President bad mouthed, to the extent that Obama has been. Imagine being responsible for some of the trash in this country. I doubt Obama is concerned at all, about James Wood and his mouth. I can't remember the last time I saw Woods in a move. Maybe he is a has been.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:44 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,335,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
It they were all black there would be riots.
Were there riots over the mass shooting by a White supremacist in Charleston?

Seriously, these riot and BLM "jokes" are beyond redundant at this point.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:49 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,461,102 times
Unlike most idiotic mouthy actors, James Woods is actually one of the smartest people on this planet!

James Woods – IQ 180. Woods aced his SATs, received a full scholarship to MIT (but dropped out to pursue acting). He also enrolled in the UCLA linear algebra course — while in high school!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,173,633 times
James Woods? Seriously? Isn't he in the 'Where-is-He-Now' bin?

Old 10-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 24 days ago)

34,567 posts, read 16,631,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
'So-called'?

Agreed that any group can be targeted by someone with hatred toward that group. There was a poster on C-D back in the day who was killed after being beaten and chased by black people in Harlem because he was white.
I am a member of the ultimate minority group; the Jews. Less than 2% of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events