Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:03 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,365,973 times

Advertisements

Just pasting the link below, so folks can read the message and become brainwashed by this diabolical corporation who's sole objective is to improve their bottom line by closing the store one day a year and diabolically increasing merchandise costs for customers while decreasing membership dividends.

#OptOutside with REI this Black Friday

And for the love of god don't buy Patagonia. They don't want you buying clothes at all, since the environment cost is too great! Who knows what evil scheme they are up to!

Worn Wear: Better Than New - Patagonia.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 05:14 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Just pasting the link below, so folks can read the message and become brainwashed by this diabolical corporation who's sole objective is to improve their bottom line by closing the store one day a year and diabolically increasing merchandise costs for customers while decreasing membership dividends.

#OptOutside with REI this Black Friday

And for the love of god don't buy Patagonia. They don't want you buying clothes at all, since the environment cost is too great! Who knows what evil scheme they are up to!

Worn Wear: Better Than New - Patagonia.com
One of my former boyfriends ( from high school ) was a high level guy at Patagonia. It was a great job. They left early if the surf was up.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:37 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Good for REI! News like this gives me hope in humanity.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:37 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,734,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Oh please...<vomit>

Old 11-03-2015, 10:39 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Humanity is a typical bleeding-heart cause.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:11 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Of course. I have no issue with Black Friday itself, or Saturdays and Sundays, but retail is nonessential on the holiday itself. IMO there is no need for retail employees to be working on Thanksgiving. And it is also my opinion that opening at midnight on Friday, or anytime before 6 am, is taking it too far, but that's just me.
No, it's me, too, though I don't think retail stores should be open any earlier than their regularly scheduled hours.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:17 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
No, it's me, too, though I don't think retail stores should be open any earlier than their regularly scheduled hours.
Right? People travel for Thanksgiving, sometimes they are up late traveling home or cleaning up or because families stay together until past midnight, and I just don't think it's fair to ask a retail employee to come in so early the day after a major national holiday. I mean, Thanksgiving is really the only day where pretty much all of America celebrates, and it's an important holiday. It's our one major, secular holiday. Fourth of July is the other, obviously, but there is no equivalent to Black Friday after the Fourth.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:40 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Right? People travel for Thanksgiving, sometimes they are up late traveling home or cleaning up or because families stay together until past midnight, and I just don't think it's fair to ask a retail employee to come in so early the day after a major national holiday. I mean, Thanksgiving is really the only day where pretty much all of America celebrates, and it's an important holiday. It's our one major, secular holiday. Fourth of July is the other, obviously, but there is no equivalent to Black Friday after the Fourth.
I also don't think it's fair for the bread and butter, reasonable, rational "regular" shoppers, either.
Because I refuse to wake up to go shopping in the early a.m., I don't go shopping at all after Thanksgiving, not online, not at regular hours at the stores, either, because by then all the merchandise is messed up, the best deals are gone and the shoppers and staff are not in the best of moods.

Then, because I cannot get the deals (and won't shop online, because I want the local stores to remain in my community), I don't shop at all.

Fortunately, last year a few of the stores where we shop put out their best deals before Thanksgiving, and we did a lot of shopping there. Normal hours, during the week, and great deals.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Oh please...<vomit>
Youre the one puking because I applaud a store for allowing its employees to stay at home and celebrate a holiday with family instead of having to stand behind a counter and deal with hundreds of pushing, shoving, loud-mouthed idiot customers?

Go vomit all you want. Stay classy!

Old 11-05-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
If you're that naive, I have some beachfront property here in Colorado for you.
There are no lakes in Colorado with beaches?

Oh, did you mean "oceanfront property"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events