Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 04:01 AM

922 posts, read 805,693 times

Advertisements

Is she blind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 05:40 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquiller1
If the girl and her mother are that upset about the part the girl was given, then why doesn't the girl just opt out of doing the play?
Exactly......... I dont think they did it TO BE MEAN,she fits the part perfectly..... (Nothing mean intended,I am just saying)

Old 10-31-2015, 06:38 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Exactly......... I dont think they did it TO BE MEAN,she fits the part perfectly..... (Nothing mean intended,I am just saying)
So if the character was described as "ugly" and they said "your child fits the role perfectly!", would that change anything? It's an elementary school, not a theater company, it's not that important that they should need to hurt a little girls feelings who never asked to be part of anything.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:54 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
This is not a big deal.

She should have said she did not want to be in the play if that's the only part she could get. End of story.

Don't get me wrong it's obviously different for boys and girls when it comes to weight issues ( all though it can be quite painful for both ) but I do think it's an over reaction to say the least and I don't think today's political correctness bollox helps at all.

I was a fat kid and when I was about 10 my class did bugsy Malone for a Xmas play and my class mates " recommended " LOL I played fat Sam ( speak easy ) and my teacher agreed!

Now did I run off crying? or get my mum involved?? Or the newspapers??? NO!! I was laughing my head off and saw the funny side of it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events