Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 01:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
It shouldn't happen everyday.

Again, I feel it's in the presentation, he went in angry, you get anger back.

If she didn't willingly go with him, I still feel his over the top reaction in using excessive force was enough for him to loose his job.

One can catch more using honey than vinegar, KWIM.

In this particular incident, this student lost her mother and grandmother within a six month time period and is now in the foster care system, which I believe the school and teacher would know.

So, how about a little tenderness instead of being so angry to the point that you loose your temper.

A little love does go along way, especially when dealing with a teenager who had their entire lives rocked by the loss of two woman in a short time.
But you didn't answer the question. What if she tells him "no" ?
Should he just leave the room then and let her do her own thing ?

Old 10-30-2015, 01:30 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
It shouldn't happen everyday.

Again, I feel it's in the presentation, he went in angry, you get anger back.

If she didn't willingly go with him, I still feel his over the top reaction in using excessive force was enough for him to loose his job.

One can catch more using honey than vinegar, KWIM.

In this particular incident, this student lost her mother and grandmother within a six month time period and is now in the foster care system, which I believe the school and teacher would know.

So, how about a little tenderness instead of being so angry to the point that you loose your temper.

A little love does go along way, especially when dealing with a teenager who had their entire lives rocked by the loss of two woman in a short time.
No, seems intuitive that they would, but because of privacy laws most places they do not tell teachers this. Foster parents are not allowed to tell schools why a kid ended up in foster care, if they even know, for the same reason. I learned to always ask new students why they moved to my school. Most in the system would tell me that information and it really helped me figure out the best way to respond to them, but I once had a counselor tell I shouldn't ask.

I think it is a very shortsighted policy. I agree that knowing that information may have made all the difference in the outcome of this incident.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:41 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But you didn't answer the question. What if she tells him "no" ?
Should he just leave the room then and let her do her own thing ?

Or clear out the room, ask the teacher if she/he can find a place for now.

IDK truly but he shouldn't have thrown her around as he did.

According to the sources I reached out to, allegedly she has a broken arm, with some neck/back injuries, bruised ribs and some abrasions on her face.

Those injuries are extensive for what he did, lucky he didn't break her neck/back.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:08 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
You cannot blame the school for this. 25 years ago the school would have paddled the kid when they misbehaved in elementary school and if that did not teach them proper behavior, kicked them out when they became a real problem as an adolescent. The reason you did not see it back then is simply because those highly troubled kids were not in the schools. Often they were in a separate building with other troubled kids, or in state custody as juvenile offenders. Nowadays most of the discipline methods schools used to control kids have been removed or curtailed. I don't think a school can spank kids anywhere in America, even things like time outs are often discouraged. The kids have learned there are no real consequences the school can use in response to their behavior. The schools only recourse is to bring in school resource officers who have a badge and law enforcement credentials. The reason we have this situation today is because society has liberalized to the point that discipline and order are breaking down. We worried that spanking taught violent behavior, too much discipline harmed the poor special snowflakes self esteem, and for goodness sakes we don't want to crush their individuality. Most kids don't have afterschool jobs or chores anymore, they have everything they want and they do whatever they want. They never learned the word "no". We have completely changed the way kids are raised up in this nation in a very short period of time. No one likes the heavy hand of authority, but the alternative is so much worse. We are now getting a taste of the alternative. Lock your doors folks, don't go out after dark for the future we created is here.
And guess who these degenerates will vote for if they come of age.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, seems intuitive that they would, but because of privacy laws most places they do not tell teachers this. Foster parents are not allowed to tell schools why a kid ended up in foster care, if they even know, for the same reason. I learned to always ask new students why they moved to my school. Most in the system would tell me that information and it really helped me figure out the best way to respond to them, but I once had a counselor tell I shouldn't ask.

I think it is a very shortsighted policy. I agree that knowing that information may have made all the difference in the outcome of this incident.
BBM

Thank you for saying so.

I believe everything isn't black and white, there is grey area that would help to know the broader picture.

In this case, I think it would have helped greatly.

I also thought the school would have known her situation with two deaths in six months time if she was enrolled in that school at that time.

She's only 15, so nothing is known about her since she is a juvenile and what a horrible experience this must have been for her.

I hope her attorney and foster parents get her counseling.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
BBM

Thank you for saying so.

I believe everything isn't black and white, there is grey area that would help to know the broader picture.

In this case, I think it would have helped greatly.

I also thought the school would have known her situation with two deaths in six months time if she was enrolled in that school at that time.

She's only 15, so nothing is known about her since she is a juvenile and what a horrible experience this must have been for her.

I hope her attorney and foster parents get her counseling.
But it all goes back to.."why didn't she just give up the phone to the teacher ?"

None of this would have happened if she didn't pull out the phone and if she did give it up when asked.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:40 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
And guess who these degenerates will vote for if they come of age.

Enough of them have been voting, and hence we have todays leaders. The election of 2008 was the first one these special snowflakes had a huge say in, then again in 2012. Millions more come of age each year, while millions of responsible older Americans pass on. We are doomed.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But it all goes back to.."why didn't she just give up the phone to the teacher ?"

None of this would have happened if she didn't pull out the phone and if she did give it up when asked.

And again, no one knows what was going on in her mind and yes, some said that and are not excusing her behavior.

I did read where she profusely apologized to the teacher for taking out the phone. Yet when the teacher wanted her to hand it over, again, she kept apologizing. Then after not handing it over, she sends her to the Principals office which again, she refused. Maybe in her circumstance it would have been a nicer gesture to give that second chance but a rule is a rule and not ever meant to be broken.

So what would the problem be if the teacher accepted her apology and gave her a second chance.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Enough of them have been voting, and hence we have todays leaders. The election of 2008 was the first one these special snowflakes had a huge say in, then again in 2012. Millions more come of age each year, while millions of responsible older Americans pass on. We are doomed.

BBM

Them? Might I ask who are 'them'?

Old 10-30-2015, 03:01 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
BBM

Them? Might I ask who are 'them'?
Reading the last few posts from him and the other poster, it seems like they mean people who were not disciplined when needed as students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events