Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 09:20 AM

20,110 posts, read 16,086,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Colleges have costume consultants to advise students if their costume is culturally insensitive

College posts contact info of 5 officials standing by to tell students if their costume's offensive - The College Fix
Think your Halloween costume might be culturally insensitive?

If you’re a student at State University of New York at Geneseo, all you’d have to do is email or call the no less than FIVE campus officials whose phone numbers and email addresses have been hung around campus on posters titled “Halloween checklist: Is Your Costume Offensive? Check yourself and check your friends.”
Really?!?! I always thought traditionally part of the aim of many Halloween costumes was to offend. Sheesh.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:05 AM

3,673 posts, read 4,811,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
In general, European chocolates are better than the weak waxy stuff made in the USA ...
An opinion just like mine in which I prefer the US chocalate!

As far as laws, it isn't one but one should not be allowed to give out apples, flavorless gum, unsweetened candy and anything else that may be remotely good for you. It is a day to get pure junk that leads to a once a year couple days of binge eating sugar. All that healthy and flavorless crap gets tossed in the trash anyway.

And those little miniature chocolate candy's that are half the size of a single "fun size" bar? Come on people! That is just wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 11:07 AM

3,673 posts, read 4,811,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Really?!?! I always thought traditionally part of the aim of many Halloween costumes was to offend. Sheesh.
People are trying to take the fun out of Halloween. There is hope as I did go bar hopping last night and there was no shortage of scary and offensive costumes out and about. It made me feel good!

Old 11-02-2015, 06:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm not too picky when it comes to good ol' American M and Ms, Reeses, or Snickers. I make my grandkids give me a few of those from their goody bags every Halloween!

I was disappointed that none of them scored any Pixie Sticks this year though.
You should try the U.K. M&M's and Malt Balls. What a huge difference from the U.S. stuff, you'll be forever ruined.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:24 AM

24,324 posts, read 17,058,846 times
I think it is a sad sign of the times that college students need to "check" with each other and sometimes the school to see if their costume is offensive. I thought college was a time in ones life to expand your mind, your imagination and for some a time to mature.

It is kind of funny that the students (the children) still need to check with the faculty (the parents) and ask them if their outfit is acceptable. Does the faculty lay out the students clothes for the next school day? At the end of the school day do they have them change into their play clothes?

When exactly does the molly coddling stop??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events