Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 09:09 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Details aside, there is zero difference to say, the Catholic Church.

Organised Religion of any sort, by definition contains a core of brainwashing.

When people insult an actual religion by saying a BS cult money-making machine is the same as said 2000 year old actual religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 09:27 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

When people insult an actual religion by saying a BS cult money-making machine is the same as said 2000 year old actual religion.
So Churches don't take in money? Fortunes even? Televangelists? The Vatican?

They have been taking in tithes for 2000 years. Scientology just got in late to the game.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:29 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

The premise of a 2000 year old cult that believes that what a bunch of superstitious, bronzed aged, ignorant wandering group of desert goat herders is any more reality than that of some deranged science fiction writer is confusing.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:43 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
So Churches don't take in money? Fortunes even? Televangelists? The Vatican?

They have been taking in tithes for 2000 years. Scientology just got in late to the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The premise of a 2000 year old cult that believes that what a bunch of superstitious, bronzed aged, ignorant wandering group of desert goat herders is any more reality than that of some deranged science fiction writer is confusing.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:28 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
It's not a "sad opinion".
Its an opinion without the sad part.

That's like me saying to you, Im so sad you don't believe in unicorns.

Ridiculous. You don't feel sad because you don't.

I thank God every day I was raised Atheist.
Tell me, how many atheist hospitals do you know of? I know of many catholic hospitals. How many atheist charities do you know of. I know of many Christian charities. I also know of many Christian sponsored groups that help people with drug addictions and mental illness, you know, like bi polar disorder. Just saying.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:59 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Tell me, how many atheist hospitals do you know of? I know of many catholic hospitals. How many atheist charities do you know of. I know of many Christian charities. I also know of many Christian sponsored groups that help people with drug addictions and mental illness, you know, like bi polar disorder. Just saying.
All hospitals here are atheist because theyre all run by Govt. To get funding there cant be any cross over with religion.

I suppose there are such things as Catholic nursing homes though.

Theres probably Scientology nursing homes also. But not in Australia as there is a drive here to have them officially labelled as a cult and made illegal altogether.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:34 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
They're called secular hospitals. They are all over.

They are called secular charities. They are all over.

And yes, I remember my SDA ex-wife learning from her church how to perform exorcism to cure those with mental illness. Ain't god great?

Old 11-02-2015, 05:41 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Who?

The guy we now find was not only black, but likely married and had kids as well?

Someone said he rose from the grave but no one's yet explained WHERE HE WENT!!! is he still roaming the desert somewhere in his 0 century garb, saving No One?

One question - do you know who King James was?

Because HE'S the guy responsible for the Bible....yet no one gets taught who he is or why he did it or how.

A bunch of old white guys sat about and wrote the bible based on their white guy viewpoint.

Please learn.

It wouldn't sound half as miraculous if they'd signed their name to the book of twenthieth hand legend they wrote eh?

Probably wouldn't have sold at all if they'd made Mary a regular old gal who got pregnant like the rest of us, either...

Please, Christians do not be offended.

Your beliefs do not depend on my deference.
It is not just about the beliefs, it is about how they are run, there is NO similarity between them.

I am not Christian btw.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:58 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,043,241 times
Leah Remini's book was flashed several times in the interview. Compared to the HBO show, the 20/20 piece was just an infomercial for Remini's book. I watched the whole interview, and it confirms why most TV is horrible, agenda-driven crap.

I have no problem with Remini as an actress trying to sustain her lifestyle. I assume she enjoys significant residuals from "King of Queens" which still runs on several cable stations every day.

But brave? No. Shilling her book? Yes.

Folks, please don't consider this journalism....it is entertainment disguised as a "reporter" with an "exclusive" on a bombshell (really not) about Scientology (been around a long time). It is acting. Nothing but a role based loosely on facts.

The HBO piece is worth watching.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:10 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Oh, please. All we needed to see were the Scientology "red shirts" dropping off their compilation of Remini's "infractions" at ABC headquarters to know what this group is all about. That, and their celebrity halls (don't dare enter unless you're a celebrity ). What a crock.

And did I mention that I wanted to hurl when I saw Tom Cruise saluting Scientology honcho David Miscavige? Hey, Tom, stop playing games, enlist in the military, and find out what being a real soldier is all about, you little twerp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events