Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 10:16 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
I doubt there are 1k clan members. The clan is at the bottom of threats to public well being.
More like 5,000-8,000

Old 10-31-2015, 10:20 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
Wait till they start outting peoples online behavior for moral reasons......... Slippery slope folks.....

Old 10-31-2015, 10:27 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Does the KKK even have 1000 members?
+1

I assumed most of their members had died of old age by now.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Wait till they start outting peoples online behavior for moral reasons......... Slippery slope folks.....
There was that cheating site, Ashley Madison, that scammed people and then outed them. A lot of people thought it was a cool idea and accused me of condoning adultery because I said it was wrong to publicly list their sexual fantasies. If they were sexual predators and trying to meet children, it would entirely different, but none of the members (except the blackmailers) were criminals, just people who made bad decisions that others found offensive.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-31-2015 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: fix typo! oops.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
+1

I assumed most of their members had died of old age by now.
Does it really matter what they're called? Many former KKK members have started new groups.

They're all despicable and I wish all of their members would have a party aboard a giant cruise ship that sinks in the middle of the ocean. However, I agree with AfriqueNY that once you start listing the names of people doing, thinking or talking about things that are offensive, it's a slippery slope.

People often have a change of heart and, as long as they haven't hurt anyone, we can't condemn them for their thoughts.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Most are now referred to as White Nationalists, or simply, Nationalists.

Here's an interesting article on why they have become more outspoken/present as of late:

How White Nationalist Groups Found Their Candidate In Donald Trump : NPR

The Klan is very much still alive, with latest numbers around 5000, a small number in the grand scheme of thing, but there are still a lot of other hate groups out there.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:51 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
"Anonymous Vows To Unhood 1,000 Ku Klux Klan Members"

Not sure why they decided to pick on mental midgets, but okay.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:09 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Anonymous Vows To Unhood 1,000 Ku Klux Klan Members"

Not sure why they decided to pick on mental midgets, but okay.
To make the self-righteous, progressive, pro multiculturalism and diversity group of this country feel better. No other reason IMHO. It's so people so are nothing but self-righteous hypocrites can say "oh look, good for them outing these racist bigots, they deserve it" while not for a second comprehending the Constitution and what makes this country so wonderful.

Someone brought up Ashley Madison, and I was also going to do so here. When the hacking scandal for that site happened, at first I thought it was good - and even shared that opinion here on CD - solely because if my spouse cheated on me, I'd want a list of names so I could know, especially if I suspected. But now thinking about this situation, it is not at all a good thing that those people were outed so publicly. Maybe an individual email sent to each spouse or family, okay (probably wouldn't even be possible but okay), but a public list? A public massive release of info? No way. Those people did not commit any crimes. Morally maybe, but legally no, and they did not deserve to have their names shared like that.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:15 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
I wonder how many on this forum will be exposed.
Probably most of the admins here and the members here who keep posting fake outrages against Obama.

Conservatives here have free reign in calling liberals all kinds of names they want. They can also post as many lies as they want. But god forbids if you ever point out any of those lies your post will immediately get deleted. I've been here for about 6 months or so and many of my posts have been deleted due to me pointing out lies by these KKK members.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:19 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Probably most of the admins here and the members here who keep posting fake outrages against Obama.

Conservatives here have free reign in calling liberals all kinds of names they want. They can also post as many lies as they want. But god forbids if you ever point out any of those lies your post will immediately get deleted. I've been here for about 6 months or so and many of my posts have been deleted due to me pointing out lies by these KKK members.
Seriously? Conservatives and the religious are blasted by CD posters left and right. Have you seen some posts regarding God, aka "the man in the sky", or other sarcastic names people come up with? There are all types here, and the only posts deleted are ones that break rules aka are usually inflammatory or ones in response to another post that was also deleted, or are off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events