Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 01:22 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,303,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You sound really scary?
She is right on one count (right to belong) and wrong on another count (right to remain unknown).

If anyone gets a real list of KKK members they have every right to put it on the net.

Which is not what this one was.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:36 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
As with many issues, this is not either/or. If you want to have that limited view, that's your privilege.
Well, historically and today, the kkk does not hide its membership. I grew up near (not in) Fallbrook, CA in the late 80s; being Hispanic, the only time I was ever in Fallbrook was for high school sports I was competing in. We wouldn't even ride the bus back afterwards. We went straight to our cars and got the heck out of there as soon as the meet was over (since it was normally at night).

Everyone for miles around knew exactly who was in the kkk and who was in the aryan resistance there right down to the pyscho skinhead foot soldiers. Building a kkk membership list is really as simple as going to the right towns and asking; no database hacking required.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Have you ever heard the old adage, guilty by association?
Yup.

Now kindly answer my question.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:00 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I've noticed that "Anonymous" members like to cover their faces with masks, similar to the KKK.
It is kind of strange for this group who hides behind masks and creates chaos to be pointing fingers.

Good call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Ku Klux Klan Robes

We have enough hatred in this world without the Klansmen adding more.
Most of us can say the same about BLM......seems many are just fine with their hate.

Can't get rid of one hate group and replace it with 2, more Anonymous and Black Lives Matter or will they??

Old 11-03-2015, 04:44 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I've noticed that "Anonymous" members like to cover their faces with masks, similar to the KKK.
excellent point!

Old 11-03-2015, 08:24 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
She is right on one count (right to belong) and wrong on another count (right to remain unknown).

If anyone gets a real list of KKK members they have every right to put it on the net.

Which is not what this one was.
People on the other thread were saying "I have a right to know if someone I work with (etc) is in the KKK!" No you don't. If the info becomes public you can know, but you don't have the right to know that about someone. We aren't entitled to know that kind of info about others just because it may make us uncomfortable.

Imagine the outrage if some homophobe asked for gays in his office to out themselves so he/she can know. It's no more illegal to be in the KKK than it is to be gay. It's not illegal at all to be either.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:29 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
This is not good current events material. J locked the other thread on this because
, just like this one, it invites useless and bigoted commentary. Read the forum rules before posting, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events