Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 09:49 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I am totally against lethal injections or electrocution. And forget claw hammers.

As I've written before on this topic, the best way to handle something like this is on his last day put him in a body bag, take him to the top floor of a tall building and push him off.

A much more simple and civilized way to handle this issue. Cheap too.
My choice would be to release him, without police protection, at an advertised time and place. Then again that's what I wanted for Bernie Madoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 01:35 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
I'm sure there'll be a least some glint of a smile when he's executed!

1994?

Incarceration costs run, with both direct and indirect costs, $40-50k a year, so we take his 21 years X $45k = $945k, albeit it's more expensive to put some on Death Row, so let's just round it off to $1M, altho' I've heard, in some states, putting someone on Death Row can cost over $3M!

And so whom were also "clobbered over the head with claw hammers" these past 21 years?

Just think what MO could have done with the Million! How about propping up some bridges that were ready to collapse or an old water main ready to burst!

If he did this under the influence of Crack, have mercy!

Old 11-03-2015, 02:39 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Shrug. We should endeavor to put these people down humanly. But I suspect this is a lot more about just not wanting to die. In which case....
"Awww what's wrong muffin? Does the mean society want you dead for killing others? Awwww"

Old 11-03-2015, 04:47 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,181 times
We as a country don't torture people. If the death penalty becomes about putting someone to death in the most painful way possible then our government is no better than the murderer being executed.

The blood thirsty lust in this country to execute people painfully like this is really troublesome. What's next? Executing them publicly? Maybe bring back the guillotine? We could draw and quarter them on the steps of the Capitol and live stream it!

Old 11-03-2015, 04:50 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I think that people should not be tortured. If you want to execute folks, I don't mind, just do it quickly. I hate sadists !

Put a bullet through his head and check for pulse, if there is a pulse shoot him again.
Instant death will occur if the bullet severs the spinal cord.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:09 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Die dirtbag!!!

Old 11-03-2015, 05:32 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I am totally against lethal injections or electrocution. And forget claw hammers.

As I've written before on this topic, the best way to handle something like this is on his last day put him in a body bag, take him to the top floor of a tall building and push him off.

A much more simple and civilized way to handle this issue. Cheap too.
ISIS currently uses that execution methodology. For alleged homosexuals. But they don't use a body bag; the last three I saw were tied to plastic chairs and heaved off the building in front of a crowd that had been instructed to watch.

I was reading yesterday about Socrates's death in 399 BC. In ancient Greece they allowed the condemned man his choice of how he wanted to die. Socrates chose hemlock. That plant contains coniine, which paralyzed his respiratory tract.

Maybe we should do that now, and save the Supreme Court's time. Give the condemned man a choice of five or six methodologies, and then carry out his, er... wishes. Forthwith.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:46 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
We as a country don't torture people. If the death penalty becomes about putting someone to death in the most painful way possible then our government is no better than the murderer being executed.

The blood thirsty lust in this country to execute people painfully like this is really troublesome. What's next? Executing them publicly? Maybe bring back the guillotine? We could draw and quarter them on the steps of the Capitol and live stream it!
It might be better if more such people died during the arrest.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:57 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
I will say that I do find it strange that the state uses lethal injection specifically because it is supposed to be a humane way to die, yet there have been reports in the past that the particular drugs involved actually create a lot of pain and discomfort before death. If a humane death is really the motivation behind this execution method, why not use the same drugs they use to put our pets to sleep, or something similar? That tends to be a pretty peaceful process. If we are looking for a painful way to execute people, there are a lot more fun and spectacular ways of doing it than lethal injection.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:05 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post

Actually, the guillotine is pretty painless and quick.

We do execute most inmates "publicly". There are witnesses there.

Draw and quarter is a bit rough, I'll admit. As is tar and feathering.

I'm not sure why we can't just have a shooting squad - all but one has blanks, so no one knows who really delivered the fatal shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events