Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 07:50 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,267,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Wow. I hope you are being sarcastic.

If not, I wish you luck coping with the changes in the laws that are coming.
I'm not.
And I can cope.

Not only that, but I can vote. Years ago, when I was young and stupid I voted for legalization of Marijuana in California. Around 1974, I think. Change is a-coming, they said.

Now I have seen the change in places where pot is legal. It's a bad idea.

Stupid people say they are going to do it anyway. Stupid people say and do a lot of things. Where I live, possession is illegal, and there is no serious proposal to legalize it. You will be fined or you will go to jail. I like that idea. It sends the right message to smart people.

A story:
Few years ago we were headed down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.
We passed a big sign on the freeway. "Traffic Stop Ahead! Drug Dogs in Use!"
The dirty, beat up car next to us, swerved over to take the exit......Wouldn't want to get busted, you know.

Surprise! The traffic stop was on the exit, not on the freeway! And just as advertised, they had guns, dogs, wreckers, and paddy wagons.

It's always nice when you can get the stupid people to turn themselves in.....

PS: We had a great time in New Orleans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 09:30 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
I saw that Colorado just opened their first gas station this morning catering to cannabis users... I wonder ..like alcoholics.. How many will leave... Or come with a good buzz on.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:34 AM

50,725 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I saw that Colorado just opened their first gas station this morning catering to cannabis users... I wonder ..like alcoholics.. How many will leave... Or come with a good buzz on.
I love how you skip the fact that they will NOT be selling recreational mj but medical only and only to those with medical mj prescriptions, and how it's really 2 separate stores. You're trying to make it sound like you can pull up to a pump and say "fill it up with regular, and an ounce of Mexican Gold while you're at it" which could not be farther from the actual facts. Nice attempt at fear mongering though, if you can't change minds using logic and actual facts, just make some up or present them to appear the way you want.

"Since it is illegal for pot shops in Colorado to sell non-marijuana products, Gas & Grass will feature two separate businesses with two different entrances — one for the dispensary side and the other for the gas.
“It’s really just kind of pairing the convenience in one specific stop,” Native Roots spokesperson Tia Mattson told local NBC affiliate KOAA.
“I believe we’ll have lottery tickets, beverages, cigarettes and similar things that you would pick up in a convenience store,” she said, describing the gas side. “It’s just one more thing for us to pair up the shopping and convenience of gas with a stop for somebody who is a patient, to knock off both errands at one time.”
But recreational bud-lovers will be bummed to know that the herbs being sold at Gas & Grass are for medical use only — so people will need a prescription from a doctor if they want to make a purchase."

P.S. I actually went to a drive-through liquor store in Florida once, we drove into some sort of garage, bought 2 single bottles of beer, and drove out the other side, all perfectly legally. That is scary, something should be done about that!

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 11-08-2015 at 10:06 AM..

Old 11-08-2015, 09:51 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Mexican supreme court rules people should be able to grow and distribute marijuana for personal use

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/05/wo...ling.html?_r=0

Old 11-08-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Thank you for at least attempting to respond with respect, courtesy, and logic. It is a refreshing change from your rants where you proclaim anyone who uses mj is a damaged liar who only sucks the life out of society.

I am not going to attempt to respond to each point, I'll just cherry pick your responses. I think that is prudent since our debate on this subject is ultimately futile anyway, since I have found without exception that there is no such thing as changing a prohibitionist's mind nor changing the mind of those who are enlightened.

Drug use helps you attain enlightenment ?.. A spiritual journey of awakening the consciousness?... Or just that you are experienced taking drugs?

This one I just had to mention, because it is so ironic. If I had a nickel for each time I thought the exact same thing concerning your posts, I would be fairly wealthy.

Money spent drive my agenda. .regardless of the proponents insults... Police today put zero effort into user enforcement. To catch a case for simple possession something else occured... We don't even book for it..

That is simply not true. It may be true in California, but I personally know someone who's son is being dragged through the court system (currently out on bond ) in Stillwater, OK for a miniscule amount found in the door handle of his car. This is not from a story or a report, I personally know this person.

Again..more to this case...

This is where I don't understand your brain. How can someone as intelligent and logical as you throw logic right out the window when discussing this subject? When legalization occurs nationally, along with sane tax rates, the cost will be low enough to take the teeth out of the black market. Illegal grows won't be profitable enough at that point to make it worth the risk. How can you not see that? That's a rhetorical question, I know the answer. It is your agenda.

All the legalization models that account for all parameters that are legit as far as I can tell dispute this..
Learn about the road ahead from those coming back... We already see this in California... Legalization at some point in the distant future MAY accomplish what you say... Short term.. Twenty years..no way
We already see tax cheating in Colorado.. Even with the associated bureaucracy formed to enforce it..m its not like drug users are used to being model citizens .. We saw that normal mj and mmj was circumvented for cheaper mj... Illigally grown or transported in from places where people are murdered for it

That is simply not true, and if you will read older posts here on CD you will see that. "Proponents" (more accurately you should refer to us as "anti-prohibitionists") have always said mj is easier to obtain than alcohol. Even when I was in high school in the 1970's mj was easier to get. It has ALWAYS been easier to get. Alcohol is highly regulated and thus not available on every street corner. Mj, on the other hand, is unregulated and comes from many sources. That makes it super easy for high school kids to become mj dealers. I knew some myself in high school. But you don't see moonshine dealers in high schools, now do you? Regulation is the key. Legalized and regulated, mj looses a lot of its glamor, and it would no longer be as readily available at every street corner.

Models show its use will increase...we see that already... the stoner class.. 10 percent will remain chronically addicted.. They will become a permanent welfare class

I just can't agree with that, because I know of too many cases where it was used in place of recreational alcohol (myself included). Recreational alcohol can be really bad news, depending on the user.

This is where your knowledge and experience really fails you. Those "420" gatherings are NOT representative of the vast majority of mj users. Not even close. You won't acknowledge that, because the majority of mj users are people you rarely come across in your line of work, and when you do you don't know it. Trust me, you have friends and relatives that are mj users that you would never suspect because they are perfectly normal. The type of user I am describing cannot be picked out in a crowd. But it fits your agenda to not acknowledge their existence, especially because their numbers are in the millions.

Estimates that 1/3 of our population uses some kind of drugs.. Of those 30 million are serious marijuana users. We will.. We are paying for everyone of those

One of the reasons these people are normal is because their mj use does NOT diminish their drive or will! I don't think you even acknowledge that different strains produce different effects, much less the fact that there are strains that motivate and energize. Just a little research would set you straight on that, but you have too closed of a mind to even consider it.

You might get hyper as your body reacts to a poison... Thc at 35 percent for good mj... Or really high with honey oil approaching 90 percent but you are delusional if you think you perform better stoned

So, contrary to your belief, the mj users you see on a daily basis, most of whom are young, lazy, and lethargic, do not in any way resemble the majority of mj users.

Again, close-mindedness and lack of research prevents you from seeing reality when it comes to this aspect of it. There is NOT zero evidence. Guys who have the type of brain that causes them to excel at being computer gurus are a good example, and matches my personal experience, experience that goes back to the 1970's. In the last 40 years of being in the industry, the best computer guys almost always used mj as a natural aid. It really can help with focus and creativity. That is one reason why musicians use it on a large scale.

Musicians or creative left brain individuals excel when they are focused.. Mj use isn anathemic to that
Drug use and performing doesnt wotk out that well

Here is some documented evidence that supports my position. It is the FBI director talking about how they are having to reconsider their drug testing standards, because when trying to hire the best of the best computer geeks to fight cybercrime, none of them tested clean for mj.

That only means thebpool is polluted... We can develop a future where people dont perceive drug use as appealing. Currently the drug culture does everything it can to state the points you are using... False points I might add

Comey: FBI ‘Grappling’ With Hiring Policy Concerning Marijuana - Law Blog - WSJ

Now that I am done, why do I feel like this was just a colossal waste of time?

Drug use is a collosal waste of time.. Stolen momrents .... (Play on words)really... Our existence is milliseconds... Being stoned limits those moments exponentially...
For me its all about someone's high not affecting my desire to lead a conflict free personal life.. Mj behavior affects that.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-08-2015 at 10:02 AM..

Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,341 times
Quote:
Drug use is a collosal waste of time.. Stolen momrents .... (Play on words)really... Our existence is milliseconds... Being stoned limits those moments exponentially...
For me its all about someone's high not affecting my desire to lead a conflict free personal life.. Mj behavior affects that.
LOL! You call that a response?

LOL.

That's right. Ignore that FACT that there are different strains that affect you differently.

Ignore the FACT that there are strains that are stimulating, not "stoned stolen moments", and certainly not mj behavior affecting your "desire to lead a conflict free personal life".

Ignore that FACT that the FBI had to relax their stance on mj testing certain employees.

A very typical response, as predicted, and my response was a total waste of my time. Talk about stolen moments!

Old 11-08-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:

LOL.

That's right. Ignore that FACT that there are different strains that affect you differently.

Ignore the FACT that there are strains that are stimulating, not "stoned stolen moments", and certainly not mj behavior affecting your "desire to lead a conflict free personal life".

Ignore that FACT that the FBI had to relax their stance on mj testing certain employees.

A very typical response, as predicted, and my response was a total waste of my time. Talk about stolen moments!
My comments are inside your post.. Feel free to respond.. Or not

Old 11-08-2015, 10:09 AM

50,725 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:

LOL.

A very typical response, as predicted, and my response was a total waste of my time.
Talk about stolen moments!
Yes, fat fingers are implanted firmly and permanently in ears, "I can't hear you!!" I stopped trying a long time ago, but I agree with you earlier, there are fence sitters that IMO he pushes more to our side than his.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:18 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,341 times
Quote:
My comments are inside your post.. Feel free to respond.. Or not
There is no need. You comments came from the same old broken record. A record you never change even in the slightest. Facts and evidence be damned.

Every counter you made to my comments are, for lack of a better way to put it, JUST PLAIN WRONG. You even state that the Wall Street Journal article about the FBI Director's comments are "false points". I can't imagine how anyone who is actually paying attention could ever take you seriously.

ocnjgirl, I have to disagree about the fence-sitters. There are no fence-sitters. Everyone has already decided what the truth is in their own mind, on both sides of this issue. In 40 years I have yet to see even a single case of someone that was swayed from one side to the other.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, fat fingers are implanted firmly and permanently in ears, "I can't hear you!!" I stopped trying a long time ago, but I agree with you earlier, there are fence sitters that IMO he pushes more to our side than his.

And what side is that?

To be stoned without consequence... To be personally inebriated without regard for others?

It's not the drug.. It's the behavior

My fingers are well proportioned... Not fat at all ... Half a century of taking good care of myself... Not engaging in risky personal behaviors.. Being uber food conscious ... Abet some arthritis and scars from a life of using them..

I confess.. I have disdain for fat anything

The more accurate story on federal jobs and marijuana

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/30....html?referer=

FBI may have to lower standards to one year like other agencies.. Including mine
Pesky random testing will not go away... Immediate termination for us

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-08-2015 at 10:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events