Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 07:16 AM

321 posts, read 419,532 times

Advertisements

Guys, you're not going to change his/her mind no matter what you post.

And you know what, that's totally cool. Let nmo have his/her views, that's the beauty of it. NMO will never agree, and most of us will disagree with NMO. It's totally fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 07:50 AM

307 posts, read 245,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Thc ....2 mg: threshold of psychoactivity for infrequent users. Very little to no impairment.

2.5 mg: most report psychoactivity equal to a glass of wine or a beer. Doses in this range are popular for social anxiety, encouraging the munchies, and focus.

5 mg: nearly all occasional users will note significant psychoactivity. Significant appetite stimulation. Mild psychoactivity, akin to two to three glasses of wine.

(Editors note.. Absolutely dui for most of the population)

10 mg: Strong psychoactivity for most occasional users. Significant distraction from pain. This dose is often recommended by physicians to stem nausea from chemotherapy.

15 mg: Most occasional users report uncomfortable levels of psychoactivity at this dose. Regular users of cannabis do not.

( editors note.. Classic component of addiction)

1000 mg: the most potent edible available in California dispensaries. This is ten times the maximum THC content of the edibles permitted by law

Source - doper site.. But squares mostly with what I know

Let's see... Back "in the d@y" mj was 2-5 percent thc.. Now good dope approaches 30 percent.. Honey oil as high as 90... And don't tell me you growers throw away the trimmings when you can make the" hitrod" cocaine of cannabiz...oil...

More dysfunctional drug use by damaged human beings seeking to taint every one of us...in some fashion..in some manner people who use drugs will negatively affect society .
Don't you proponents agree...
Or are your drugs all good for the world?

Oh BTW .. One toke of high potency stuff can easily exceed the above minimums

Per the doper sites one gram of kush can contain 250 mgs of thc

Supertokerbrainsmoker

Monsanto and Phillip Morris smacking their thc laden lips... After of course being treated for mj borne cough..burned lips and free er visit ...that is if the overdosed user even paid for an aca premium

Addiction treatment is being worked on by neuroscience...

http://www.medicaldaily.com/new-medi...-madness259744

WOW, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning

( The whole link )
http://www.medicaldaily.com/new-medical-treatment-marijuana-abuse-could-stem-rising-tide-reefer-madness259744

OH, and thanks for the laugh

Old 11-10-2015, 08:00 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy View Post
Guys, you're not going to change his/her mind no matter what you post.

And you know what, that's totally cool. Let nmo have his/her views, that's the beauty of it. NMO will never agree, and most of us will disagree with NMO. It's totally fine!
You miss the point.

The reason for many of us addressing the claims of notmeofficer - which range from misleading to irrelevant to outright false - is not to change notmeofficer's mind, but to reach the passive readers who might otherwise fall for the crap he's shoveling.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:14 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,560 times
Then please tell all of us...why your drug is so good for the world... And no.. You won't change my mind... I have softened my stance from hell no to anything with pot to no with most things with pot
For every positive story you will claim I will have 100 real bad ones directly related to pot

The collective proponent you argue to be stoned
I ask for sanity and behavior conducive to living in a world with others.. Not self absorbed personal existence fleeing reality

Hmmm

As is typical evidence dismissed in a hazy cloud of pot smoke

Really want me to post pictures of stoners?... I don't think that would increase your "audio visual aids" impact. Perhaps I'll try a couple in the future to keep it "real" and light

That would be classic and we could all laugh... Until one realizes they are real

I guess duid... And being highly intoxicated on drugs is funny for some of you... Tragic really and tells me how far some people have gotten lost.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-10-2015 at 08:25 AM..

Old 11-10-2015, 08:17 AM

307 posts, read 245,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
You miss the point.

The reason for many of us addressing the claims of notmeofficer - which range from misleading to irrelevant to outright false - is not to change notmeofficer's mind, but to reach the passive readers who might otherwise fall for the crap he's shoveling.
Kinda makes you wonder who notmeofficer really works for, doesn't it

Old 11-10-2015, 08:19 AM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
I've never been considered PC lol, but youy make very good points - I stand Corrected....

To get back on topic tho, how does keeping the current form (or any form) of MJ prohibition bring us back to those old values and morals? Keep in mind that MJ is already here and has been for a very long time.

I've been married only once.. my kids have a father, go to school, respect their teachers and all adults, because they were raised that way.

Now, where I live, if I get stopped by LE and they find so much as a MJ seed on the floorboard of my car - I go to jail - do not pass go - Straight to jail - Then, children lose the father, who may likely lose his job...the snow ball affect ...all the way to social services/welfare.

Yep -I stand corrected - prohibition is just wonderful.
Well I thought you were genuine with your stand corrected comment in your first sentence. Since it was related to something else, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and not assume your sarcastic stand corrected in the last sentence relates to the first.

As to dope being around back in the day, it was never accepted as much as it is today. Whether people want to admit it or not, the more socially acceptable something become, the more likely people might try it. For decades liberal Hollywood has portrayed pot as a harmless drug, done typically by college grads having successful lives. While there are certain some of those in real life, Hollywood glamorizing pot only serves to help remove the social stigma of it's use.
Combine that with tacit approval of certain state governments and you lose the ability to convince kids to not try it.

Lastly, as to you driving along with only a single seed in your car, maybe you forget that your kids have eyes, ears, a nose and a brain. To make my point I will turn to an oldie but a goodie commercial;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo

`

Old 11-10-2015, 08:27 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
Kinda makes you wonder who notmeofficer really works for, doesn't it
You kinda of should keep wondering... And stop making it personal..while I guess for you your drug use is very personal ... For me its more global and the damage it does to society at large
Try argueing FACTS ...

Marijuana use doesn't stand factual critical analysis as good for our country...

Old 11-10-2015, 08:28 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,673,340 times
Quote:
Well.. If you agree with my stats... Do you agree that thousands of joints per person per year is vastly more than one person can reasonably consume?

If you agree with that how does that square with other substances.. You cannot produce any other intoxicant to such an amount...

If you did use such an amount then would you agree you would be constantly stoned..waking up and using and going to sleep using...

Am I wrong?
That's if you smoke it. Eating it is much less efficient. Many people would pass on smoking if they had an adequate supply to put it in brownies, cookies or spaghetti sauce. It's not realistic to buy that much pot. The cost would be prohibitive.

I have a friend who grew some this year. She filled a large crock pot with bud, added enough butter to cover, and simmered it for days. Then she squeezed the butter through cheesecloth and discarded the plant matter. The butter can be used to cook with, and is enough to get one person stoned on special occasions, but certainly not daily.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:30 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Marijuana use doesn't stand factual critical analysis as good for our country...
Even if that statement were true, prohibition even more so doesn't stand factual critical analysis as good for our country.

Or, for an excellent analogy:

Alcohol use doesn't stand factual critical analysis as good for our country...

So we tried it your way and prohibited it. Then we discovered without a doubt:

Prohibition even more so doesn't stand factual critical analysis as good for our country.

See how that works?

Last edited by Raddo; 11-10-2015 at 08:50 AM..

Old 11-10-2015, 08:44 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,673,340 times
Quote:
You kinda of should keep wondering... And stop making it personal..while I guess for you your drug use is very personal ... For me its more global and the damage it does to society at large
Try argueing FACTS ...

That ship sailed 48 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events