Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 02:09 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Sorry to pop your idealist balloon, "This is ONLY about MaryJane …"

But the fact us that there ARE earnest serious libertarians who call for "legalization" of ALL drugs -- ALL of them …

So, let's try this … ???
In exchange for "legalization" of MaryJane, how about we enact a total BAN on all nicotine products, which are KNOWN to be highly addictive, DEADLY, and convey NO useful benefit to the addict … ???

Why not … ???
I understand that....let them start their own thread about that topic.

I agree with you though that nicotine is more harmful than mj, that is one of the points WE make when pointing out the hypocrisy of most people against mj. I couldn't care less what they do with nicotine, again, that's for a different thread.

Several pages ago now, I actually posted what I think is a really good video from LEAP that does discuss other substances, if you are actually interested in the topic take a peek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 03:15 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,568 times
When people will die if they don't have cannabis oil, murdering harmless people isn't liberal or conservative, unless Dem or Rep party demands unnecessary deaths more than the other.

What's overuse/abuse for a substance that can't kill or cause illness, but can cure/treat 250+ conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
so your liberal logic is:

Prescription drugs have to be prescription only, otherwise people would overuse them and abuse them.

Marijuana needs to be legal, because when it's sold over the counter, people won't overuse it and abuse it.

crazy.......

Old 11-15-2015, 03:17 PM

Good thing it didn't pass as it may have caused thousands to live longer, healthier & happier lives. Where is the evil in that?

Quote:
I love it when people who don't live in the state comment on happenings there.

It was going to be a monopoly and would have made about 5 men extremely extremely rich. Good thing it didn't pass

Old 11-15-2015, 03:21 PM

People who used, do use, or hope to use, have probably studied these drugs more than the people who make their living from prohibition & refuse to study facts.

Quote:
Go back and read my posts on these questions …

Again … I do NOT favor "legalization" of MaryJane, but rather "decriminalization" …

When I tie the question to "legalization" of unregulated over*the*counter sale of all drugs, I am simply trying to follow the logic of the proponents of the Libertarian idea of just allowing people to put into their own bodies whatever they want (which is what this is really about) ...

Old 11-15-2015, 03:24 PM

Prescription drugs are an epidemic, they kill 265,000 in US each year, but cannabis kills zero, so bad?

Quote:
Why? Heroin and crack are illegal and they are an epidemic.

In some countries in South America you can buy any prescription drug over the counter. They don't have a problem with prescription drug abuse there.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:27 PM

Whatever they want includes 0 deaths cannabis over pills that kill 265,000 in US annually. Why should people who need something to feel better be forced to use the more harmful drugs?

Quote:
Go back and read my posts on these questions …

Again … I do NOT favor "legalization" of MaryJane, but rather "decriminalization" …

When I tie the question to "legalization" of unregulated over*the*counter sale of all drugs, I am simply trying to follow the logic of the proponents of the Libertarian idea of just allowing people to put into their own bodies whatever they want (which is what this is really about) ...

Old 11-15-2015, 03:37 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
Note the continued high times mantra of disguise and deflection.. Marijuana always good.. Never any deleterious effects... Every negative statistic a lie...

Reality...a very small part of the population can be helped with mj..the rest of the potheads just want to get high...
Angry..criminal.. Damaged..self absorbed.. Selfish..hedonistic.. All descriptive words that can accurately describe someone who has a drug focused life.

Ohio may be legal marijuana... Like other states that embrace it the costs will be high.. Social disorder from stoner behavior.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:40 PM

Thanks for your post. One benefit of cannabis that is not commonly discussed is cannabis can help people quit tobacco.

Quote:
Sorry to pop your idealist balloon, "This is ONLY about MaryJane …"

But the fact us that there ARE earnest serious libertarians who call for "legalization" of ALL drugs -- ALL of them …

So, let's try this … ???
In exchange for "legalization" of MaryJane, how about we enact a total BAN on all nicotine products, which are KNOWN to be highly addictive, DEADLY, and convey NO useful benefit to the addict … ???

Why not … ???

Old 11-15-2015, 03:45 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Nicotine is Earth's oldest anti-psychotic. To say there is ZERO benefit in nicotine is absurd. Human beings, in the face of various pressures of life, often DO need to self-medicate and regulate their emotions and moods. Some methods are safer than others of course. Nicotine is an amazing drug. I haven't had a fire ciggie in over a year, but I do use e-cigs and I enjoy it. No harm, no foul. The government needs to stay out of it though. I love weed, but I would never buy government weed. EVER.
In the general nicotine addicted population there is ZERO positive benefit and very deadly consequence …

Yes, it is true that nicotine is MILDLY anti-psychotic, hence the near universal self medication among schizophrenics …

But, again, as to my observation of the "camel's nose under the tent," I rest my case ...

Old 11-15-2015, 03:49 PM

It has been proven to help 250 conditions, & limited anecdotal info suggests it may help 300+ more conditions. I know of people within law enforcement that died from skin cancer at 37 & 40, but now we know that applying cannabis oil to the affected area makes skin cancer go away in several days. So, do you want to "help" people in law enforcement die early, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Note the continued high times mantra of disguise and deflection.. Marijuana always good.. Never any deleterious effects... Every negative statistic a lie...

Reality...a very small part of the population can be helped with mj..the rest of the potheads just want to get high...
Angry..criminal.. Damaged..self absorbed.. Selfish..hedonistic.. All descriptive words that can accurately describe someone who has a drug focused life.

Ohio may be legal marijuana... Like other states that embrace it the costs will be high.. Social disorder from stoner behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events