Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 06:56 AM

237 posts, read 499,237 times

Advertisements

Notmeofficer and Teilhard are comically uninformed.
All their hollow strawman arguments and extreme hyperbole actually hurt their already weak viewpoints.
Luckily, these flat-Earth type thinkers are finally being exposed, as people are waking up and finally seeing their propaganda for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 10:00 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
But, see …

The "legalize MaryJane movement" is in the opinion of some of us a Libertarian "camel's nose under the tent" … (In fact, some posts in this very thread have called for as much -- just sell ANY and ALL drugs over*the*counter … Why not … ???)
I understand you're very proud of that phrase since you used it 4 or 5 times already, but as I said before, I think it's just as stupid as the "now we can marry dogs and cats and potted plants" argument that said legalizing same sex marriage was the "camel's nose under the tent". I simply do not agree with you.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:02 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
No … I am no fan of "Big Pharma" at all … but I am a BIG fan of the natural sciences …

Anecdotes are interesting but finally don't mean much …
But … HEY … !!! I (age 66) take in fairly good size lashings of strong black coffee and a fair bit of dark red wine EVERY DAY … and I've NEVER had any cancer or heart disease … My blood pressure is smack in the normal range … I haven't been to a clinic in YEARS … My kidneys and prostate work just fine … My bowel movements are regular ...

So … Voila' … !!! …

The secrets to healthy life with no significant lethal disease … ??? Coffee ... !!! Red Wine … !!!

Ta Da … !!!
Which are both drugs...

Old 11-18-2015, 10:04 AM

321 posts, read 419,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Pain is the most common ailments for mmj script... And as a narcotic mj is an effective abet imperfect drug for treating such...
Sleep ailments... Unspecified pain.. Inability to handle "normal" stressors of life are also listed in the literature.

Medical Marijuana: How the Evidence Stacks Up - Scientific American

Problem
A very high ...pun intended... Amount of recipients think of their script as a get out of jail for free card... And even though the law requires a warning they drive under the influence..they live under the influence ... They wander into dui probation stinking of skunk weed and wonder why they get remanded to custody
We have our Dr feel-good who flys in on her private plane and writes 25 or more script per day.. Advertising no pass no pay policy in the local penny saved magazine...and we have had the typical bumper crop of mj defense attorneys making entire livings off of dopers
I don't know... When I see a 18 year old who says he can't sleep or his back hurts I think...
Really?

Test this garbage.. Restrict it for what it is.. Grow it in Monsanto labs with Conagra and Pfizer...Let the dopers continue to be the losers they are... I imagine when pharma has control it will lose its luster
The above won't reduce leo workload... Just shift its naming of them ... Dopers will still be dopers and engage in doper loser behaviors..seek "better" highs...and perhaps continue on a life of drug fueled and focused dysfunctionality

Old 11-18-2015, 03:28 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzro View Post

Notmeofficer and Teilhard are comically uninformed.
All their hollow strawman arguments and extreme hyperbole actually hurt their already weak viewpoints.
Luckily, these flat-Earth type thinkers are finally being exposed, as people are waking up and finally seeing their propaganda for what it is.
I don't presume to speak for "Notmeofficer," but only for myself …

Again … patiently … I am in favor of SCIENCE in studying these questions, and no, I don't just take casual anecdotes (no matter how many how sincerely urged) as "science" …

But … LOL … The huge wave of "propaganda" in this thread is coming from the "Ganja Is A Miracle Substance" crowd ...

Old 11-18-2015, 03:50 PM

321 posts, read 419,722 times
Quote:

Again … patiently … I am in favor of SCIENCE in studying these questions, and no, I don't just take casual anecdotes (no matter how many how sincerely urged) as "science" …

But … LOL … The huge wave of "propaganda" in this thread is coming from the "Ganja Is A Miracle Substance" crowd ...
I'm for legalization, but anecdotal evidence is not the way to sway others.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:11 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,568 times
Why accept 20,000 studies from people that got $500,000 per study to please pill makers, but $0 if they didn't say what pill makers wanted. Very few anecdotal testifiers got even $1 to tell their story & when hundreds or thousands say the same thing, what motive could they have for lying?

How do you feel about one act being no penalty in 1 state & 100 years in another, for doing something that didn't harm anyone? We can't have honest science if pill makers determine how the money flows.

Quote:

Old 11-18-2015, 04:14 PM

Thousands say it saved their lives & they got nothing to say that. But liars get paid $500,000 per study if they please toxic pill makers. So you like the highly paid for statements better? If so, how do you think they could possibly be truthful when so many will do anything for money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy View Post
I'm for legalization, but anecdotal evidence is not the way to sway others.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:44 PM

Live Science is a total fraud as no comments allowed & when I put in search contact Live Science, nothing comes up. They hide even more than cannabis users that are risking arrest. They know 100 million would write them about their fraud if it was possible. Truth tellers shouldn't need to hide but it is obvious they know they don't qualify.

Cannabis lowers blood pressure, so how does that cause heart attacks? The blood couldn't get through because there was more space for it to get through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Your heart and marijuana Ma'am... your age is against you in this as well

Is Marijuana Bad for Your Heart?

Hidden Risk? Marijuana May Be Bad for Your Heart

CardioBuzz: Is Marijuana Bad for Your Heart? | Medpage Today

Study: Pot Increases Heart Attack Risks - ABC News

Worth the risk? vs the reward... for you perhaps... until you have a heart attack...

Change or damage DNA?
Some think so... want to be the guinea pig...
Marijuana

How about some pictures
http://www.fgcu.edu/wellness/Images/..._The_Risks.pdf

Damages the brain

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.co...al_effects.pdf

You using is not a study.. you are a personal guinea pig.. like a using a parakeet to determine if there is gas in a mine.. by that time its way too late...

You have no idea.. and respectdully no clue.. what long term changes marijuana has already made in your body. The body adapts beautifully.. but .. your personal use isnt scientific by any means.. and if someone didnt grow out of pot as an adult isnt that another sign of classical addiction?

Old 11-18-2015, 04:53 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Why accept 20,000 studies from people that got $500,000 per study to please pill makers, but $0 if they didn't say what pill makers wanted. Very few anecdotal testifiers got even $1 to tell their story & when hundreds or thousands say the same thing, what motive could they have for lying?

How do you feel about one act being no penalty in 1 state & 100 years in another, for doing something that didn't harm anyone? We can't have honest science if pill makers determine how the money flows.
The problem with accepting anecdotes as a substitute for good science is nothing about whether people are truthful or not or anything about money ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events