Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 03:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
That gun is not for decoration. So, if a policeman pulls you over, you should think twice before running away. Is this just common sense or have a suddenly become a genius?
No it's not for decoration, it's also not to be used because you're too scared to be on this job.

You have a guy laying in the snow on his stomach who has already been tased and isn't going anywhere and this stupid woman is screaming like a teenage girl who just had a strange man walk into the bathroom while she is taking a shower.

Clearly, she is in the wrong line of work, the lack of common sense involves this police dept in PA that hasn't fired her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 06:23 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
No it's not for decoration, it's also not to be used because you're too scared to be on this job.

You have a guy laying in the snow on his stomach who has already been tased and isn't going anywhere and this stupid woman is screaming like a teenage girl who just had a strange man walk into the bathroom while she is taking a shower.

Clearly, she is in the wrong line of work, the lack of common sense involves this police dept in PA that hasn't fired her.
... or like someone who saw a big spider of cockroach in her house... hysterical. She is clearly not the type of person who should ever be given a badge and a gun. If there's one thing police departments need to do it's to screen such individuals out.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:30 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Some of you perhaps feel like many police feel everyday when we watch criminals go free
You forgot to add "Unless one of those Criminals set free is one of our own." Your a trip....

Old 11-08-2015, 06:34 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Perhaps a requirement for being a police officer should be to experience being tazed, and filmed while it is happening.

And did he have a gun? No. So it was murder, whether she was convicted or not.
Agreed, except start yelling things like they would say. I bet they couldn't do it.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:48 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yes.. I hear your pain and whining... And no I'm absolutely not justifying her actions ...

I'm pointing out we either have a system we support.. Or we don't..
In this case she is innocent... So like it or not... No amount of discourse will change this verdict .
We also see police regularly suspended.. Fired..and filed on... Do they not deserve the same due process?... Even when that process seems grossly unfair?
No, They don't. The system is rigged in their favor because they are supposed to be a part of that system, and good Law Abiding Citizens are still fooled by thinking a Cop would do no wrong. Citizens don't have that advantage, even when it comes to life itself. A Cop can take it at will, using an excuse. A Citizen can't. I watched that video, and this woman is just plain Nuts. Maybe she will get her "Justice" on some back road late some night, from some nut case with a Glock and we can read about it in the papers.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:25 PM

8,230 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I can't understand why people run from cops. It never works.
Sometimes people get away from them. Doesn't happen often though.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:12 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Ew gosh, this was gross. That lady has no business being a cop. She was scared to death. I can't believe she'll be working again.
It's like a scared dog bitting some kids face off. Geez, it made me get a stomach ache.

I'm usually on the officers side but this is really difficult for me to find an excuse for, she just murdered that man out of fear.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:11 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Dude was white right? I don't even have to see the video. I'd have just a little bit more sympathy if when black men get shot under identical circumstances the very people that are so upset tonight weren't so damn gleeful about it. That's whats disgusting. 50 pages of hooray and backslapping when someone is summarily executed for nothing at all. Did none of you think this could happen?

Old 11-09-2015, 03:17 AM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
There comes a time in life when you are too old to run, and this idiot just figured it out.

That said, the officer seems scared of her own shadow and should seek another line of work, and yes, she should have been convicted.
You'd be surprised how many of them are like that out there.

Thank affirmative action for lowering the standards (physical, psychological, intelligence, background, etc.) that allows all sorts of people on the departments which have no business being LEO's.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:47 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You'd be surprised how many of them are like that out there.

Thank affirmative action for lowering the standards (physical, psychological, intelligence, background, etc.) that allows all sorts of people on the departments which have no business being LEO's.
Should be fairly easy to fact check this. How old is Affirmative Action? 50 years old? I'm on it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events