Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 03:30 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Not every crime committed by a Muslim person was motivated out of "Islamic Extremism" through.....And it would be stupid to suggest that.....
You are in denial. After everything that we have been through you still think that shooting up a Muhammad cartoon festival could have been perpetrated by anyone? It never fails. Just look at their names and what they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 04:33 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Yep... he was just a poor, disenfranchised yoot and THAT'S why he did what he did.

It had NOTHING AT ALL to do with ISIS, the worst terrorist group on the planet and a group that is ACTIVELY RECRUITING lone wolf attackers... even though this poor, delicate yoot was carrying an ISIS flag on him and had "Praise Allah" written over and over again in his notes. Nope, that couldn't POSSIBLY have anything to do with it.

Good grief... Liberals are incapable of facing Reality so they construct an alternate 'safe zone' reality to replace it.
I'm not just pulling it out of my butt, I posted links. That IS why he did it, just like most of the school shooters. Why would him having that as motivation somehow make it sound like I don't take ISIS seriously? I didn't tell the kid why to do it, lol. Read the actual news reports and what they have found and what THEY believe, and I repeated, how about that? yes, it has nothing to do with Isis, although apparently he made a half-hearted attempt to make it appear it did by printing out the flag.

It's like you leap to I'm pro-Isis or something because the kid was a social loser who snapped, wtf??

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 11-11-2015 at 05:26 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 05:20 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Fellow students at the University said the guy was a quiet outcast loner type who didn't have any friends or talk to anyone...If I had to guess I think this guy was similar to those White Introvert Loner types who are snapping and shooting a bunch of people over social exclusion...
Agreed; these young men seem to share a similar background.

"...his suitemate was quiet and anti-social. The same was said about Mohammad's time at Wilcox High, where he graduated in June. Jennifer Dericco, a spokeswoman for the Santa Clara Unified School District, described Mohammad as a "good student" who was "not very involved on campus." He did not have a large social circle, and it does not appear he made many connections with students currently at the school."

Didn't we read similar stories about the Virginia Tech shooter, the Tucson, AZ shooter, the high school shooter in rural Washington state, the Aurora, CO (Batman) shooter, the UC Santa Barbara killer, the...

Family of Faisal Mohammad expresses 'deepest sympathy' to UC Merced victims - San Jose Mercury News

Old 11-11-2015, 05:47 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That IS why he did it,
You don’t KNOW that. You condemn some of us about jumping to conclusions but you have no problem doing it yourself. There is at least equal evidence on both sides but you choose to ignore one side completely. Don’t you find it a bit odd that weeks after the incident we still don’t know anything about his family or background? Let me tell you something. Random killings + muslim name are never unrelated. If you think otherwise you will never be a good investigator.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:58 AM

I didn't condemn anyone. But it is is very weird to me that you guys seem to be actually rooting for this to be Isis related and I am not sure why, unless you are all also socially awkward guys with no social skills who just want a reason why this couldn't be you, otherwise I don't get it at all.

There is not equal evidence, btw, so far the majority of evidence points to him being kicked out of the study group. there is NO evidence he was ever in contact with any radical group and none of the Muslim groups on campus ever heard of him.

But again, WHY does that bug people? WHY did RetiredCop actually accuse me of defending the guybecause I said he may have done it for personal reasons vs political. I don't get it!!

It's like you think it's less serious or something if he was just a kid who lost his marbles and snapped rather than a kid who joined Isis...again, the kids are dead anyway so why do you seem to see it as less awful if he did it because of the study group?? Please explain.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:10 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
I don't care what kind of flag he had, the kid was a rejected teen who got kicked out of a study group and got revenge. The same as most of these school shooters, just one of those guys with no social skills and a victim attitude because of it. He was born here, btw.
Ok so lets go over this. So I said you were defending him. This seems to have you upset. Ok I understand. No you are not defending his killing of anyone. I am not saying that whatsoever. You are saying flat out that he is a rejected kid who got his revenge. You are saying he is the SAME as MOST of these school shooters. You also bring up that he was born here. It is almost like you are dismissing that this may be a terrorist act. So no way shape or form are you defending the shooting however you defending his mindset and the REASON this happened without knowing ALL the facts.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:52 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
Notice how almost every story about this quickly included the shooting in Oregon? It became campus violence with the Oregon story at the forefront and this mass stabbing as a background tidbit.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Ok so lets go over this. So I said you were defending him. This seems to have you upset. Ok I understand. No you are not defending his killing of anyone. I am not saying that whatsoever. You are saying flat out that he is a rejected kid who got his revenge. You are saying he is the SAME as MOST of these school shooters. You also bring up that he was born here. It is almost like you are dismissing that this may be a terrorist act. So no way shape or form are you defending the shooting however you defending his mindset and the REASON this happened without knowing ALL the facts.
All evidence so far points to the fact he did it due to the study group, I even linked to the most recent story I could find...yet people seem to be getting mad at me for putting forth what the cops are saying rather than promoting rumors? I still don't get it, sorry. I still don't see it as a defense of anything and still don't get that, either. Again it seems like people are actually rooting for him to be an Isis extremist, hoping he is, and I don't understand why.

It upsets me because it seems like people feel his crime is somehow less awful if he did it for personal reasons rather than political ones.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:05 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
All evidence so far points to the fact he did it due to the study group, I even linked to the most recent story I could find...yet people seem to be getting mad at me for putting forth what the cops are saying rather than promoting rumors? I still don't get it, sorry. I still don't see it as a defense of anything and still don't get that, either. Again it seems like people are actually rooting for him to be an Isis extremist, hoping he is, and I don't understand why.

It upsets me because it seems like people feel his crime is somehow less awful if he did it for personal reasons rather than political ones.
The FBI appears to have backed off the study group theory. i would presume that is because there is other evidence. So we wait.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:23 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The FBI appears to have backed off the study group theory. i would presume that is because there is other evidence. So we wait.
Agreed!! Sorry I don't trust the government with Islamic terrorism. they call it work place violence. Or school rejection!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events