Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 02:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The trees have religious beliefs!?

Starbucks has tumblers with trees on them... Is that where the real outrage should be? Starbucks is supporting these Pagan trees?
LOL.....hope they decide to give to charity of the Trees.
Quote:
I like how in the picture they all have whipped cream or foam, but to show our "blah" and "boring" the new cup is, its just pictured with plain black coffee.
Nice catch I didn't really catch it, but after reading your post, I looked back and yes, the red cup just looks plain without the whip cream!

I really don't get whip cream and coffee, but hey, that is just me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 03:09 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
I went to Wendy's today. Their cup has pictures of scenes from a story called "Olivia's First Vacation." It's a story of an adopted little girl. It supports Dave Thomas' Foundation For Adoption.

So now I wonder if the folks who are angry with Starbucks for taking Jesus out of Starbucks' cups will be angry with Wendy's for not showing the appropriate Christmas scenes as well.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
OMG is just a red cup which is creating a media storm of publicity for Starbucks. Publicity stunt.
But its not a publicity stunt. They change to red cups every year around this time. And every year the design is different.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I went to Wendy's today. Their cup has pictures of scenes from a story called "Olivia's First Vacation." It's a story of an adopted little girl. It supports Dave Thomas' Foundation For Adoption.

So now I wonder if the folks who are angry with Starbucks for taking Jesus out of Starbucks' cups will be angry with Wendy's for not showing the appropriate Christmas scenes as well.
Those are cute cups.

https://www.wendys.com/en-us/dtfa-videos

Old 11-11-2015, 03:18 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,834,047 times
Quote:
But its not a publicity stunt. They change to red cups every year around this time. And every year the design is different.
They hype is the stunt. The cups could be zebra striped.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:46 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
One more evidence liberals don’t know when to stop. They take something that is perhaps a good idea, like opposing nativity scenes on government property, and take it to an absurd end like removing signs of the season on coffee cups sold by a private business. And don’t tell me Starbucks was not pushed by the usual suspects to do this.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
They hype is the stunt. The cups could be zebra striped.
What hype? Conservatives complaining about the "War on Christmas"?

Or that Starbucks announced when their new seasonal drinks were released?

Old 11-11-2015, 07:52 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times

Old 11-11-2015, 08:12 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
What hype? Conservatives complaining about the "War on Christmas"?

Or that Starbucks announced when their new seasonal drinks were released?
I really don't see many people complaining about this. One blogger mentions it and the media picks it up and makes it a huge deal. Stop attacking conservatives. And "War on Christmas" has some merit to be completely honest, just not in this case. The commercialization of Christmas and how each year, declarations are taken down because people get offended (like the controversy starting already in some malls) and the fact that most schools, or anything else, prefer the term "winter" or "holiday break" rather than Christmas break nowadays. The "War on Christmas" is more about being PC than anything - but this is not an example of it and I personally have not come across any actual outrage at all.

Ever see "Keep Christ in Christmas" bumper stickers, though? Yeah, they didn't come out of nowhere...

Old 11-11-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I really don't see many people complaining about this. One blogger mentions it and the media picks it up and makes it a huge deal.
It wasn't just the media making it a huge deal. The video was shared on Facebook by over half a million people. It had enough people talking about it the other day that it was trending on Twitter and Facebook.

The guy "claims" that thousands of people have sent him pictures of their "Merry Christmas" cups. You can go on Twitter and search #MerryChristmasStarbucks and see plenty of pictures of people going to Starbucks and doing this (and yes, there are also media articles).

Quote:
Stop attacking conservatives. And "War on Christmas" has some merit to be completely honest, just not in this case. The commercialization of Christmas and how each year, declarations are taken down because people get offended (like the controversy starting already in some malls) and the fact that most schools, or anything else, prefer the term "winter" or "holiday break" rather than Christmas break nowadays. The "War on Christmas" is more about being PC than anything - but this is not an example of it and I personally have not come across any actual outrage at all.

Ever see "Keep Christ in Christmas" bumper stickers, though? Yeah, they didn't come out of nowhere...
But there really isn't a "War on Christmas".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events