Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 09:31 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And that's the problem. You don't know what you're talking about. At all.

I'm friends and graduated with Jonathan, and especially with his academic achievements and pedigree, he will be more successful in life than at least 95% of the people posting on this forum.

And for the 1,353,539th time, it wasn't because Wolfe was supposed to magically fix all the racism on campus. It was his years of doing absolutely nothing about and turning a blind eye to the concerns of racism, sexual assaults, pay for faculty, benefits for graduate students and other issues on campus. The last few racial issues in which Wolfe couldn't be bothered to even make a generic statement coming out against racism was the final straw of years of turning a blind eye to student/faculty concerns.

The only people with empty lives are the ones who post on message boards bashing college students for protesting things that concern them on the campus they pay to attend and expecting the university leadership to act like leaders.
I see. The truth always eventually shows its ugly head.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:31 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The university of president resigns, a high ranking chancellor quits, there are riots on campus, classes get cancelled, professor resigns and I still have NO idea why. Is it just me?
Nope.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:34 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Then tell us all about how you were discriminated against. Tell us all about how you were beat down by The Man. Tell us all about how racist Mizzou is.

And I'm sure you filed racism compaints/reports about all of the horrible oppression you endured, right?
Nah, I'm not going to re-visit the garbage I put up with in college, I've talked about it enough in the thread that was closed on this forum earlier this week.

I didn't file any complaints, although I most definitely could've and maybe should've in hindsight. I just decided to be better than them in life. Then again, that really isn't too hard, since I already have a leg up on any loser who thinks he's better than me because his/her skin color is different.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:35 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
All of these entitled brats, of all races, can move to a plethora of other countries and see how it works out for them there.

I'm so glad I'm out of college. I don't think I could deal with this. My brother just told me there's a protest at his private NJ University today... one that has had no recent stories of "racism tensions" or "racism" so they're joining the fun just because they can. Kind of like BLM protests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Gotta get mine.

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The truth?

Are you suggesting you have an issue with certain faculty unjustifiably making less money than their peers and graduate students having their health benefits cut?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
All of these entitled brats, of all races, can move to a plethora of other countries and see how it works out for them there.

I'm so glad I'm out of college. I don't think I could deal with this.
My alma mater recently reopened a campus bar that closed down a year before I entered. Miller light was sponsoring the event and advertised the miller light girls would be there. Que the protesters. The protesters were I am happy to report universally mocked by the general student body. This is what qualifies for outrage on a college campus these days. I am only 5 years out of school, not sure how things changed so fast.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
The truth?

Are you suggesting you have an issue with certain faculty unjustifiably making less money than their peers and graduate students having their health benefits cut?
Grad student benefits? LOL wut?

If the adjuncts are unhappy with their salary there is a process to fixing it. That process is known as a new job.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
I just decided to be better than them in life. Then again, that really isn't too hard, since I already have a leg up on any loser who thinks he's better than me because his/her skin color is different.
This is the solution and key to success that has been proven to be a winner for a really, really long time ... not sniveling and whining and disrupting an entire campus of students who are there to actually learn. Good for you for having figured it out. Maybe you can mentor some of your fellow alumni and get their focus back to learning and away from self-victimization.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:43 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Don't be a wimp, golimar. Just come out and say that you're for racial discrimination.

Here are the list of logical fallacies that you used in that paragraph:

Ad Hominem Argument
Argument from Consequences
Argumentum ad Baculam
Big Lie Technique
Either-Or Reasoning
Essentializing
False Analogy
Guilt by Association

You obviously don't know what most of those logical fallacies mean since they don't occur in the statements you refrenced. Nice copy and paste from the intarwebs, though. But Smart Power? Not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events