Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 01:12 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right! I don't care what the deceased's former arrest record looks like! Are you looking to make a excuse for the horrible actions these so called "professional" police officers conducted?
He wasn't even under arrest! He was under Police custody and obviously there was something wrong with him when he busted out the Police window & slammed his head into the Emergency Room entrance.

He was obviously in need of medical attention and didn't need to be hog tied & tasered over 20 times. Why didn't they just sub due him and have the ER medical staff check him out? He even told the police officers he had done Cocaine.
Another blame the perp person.....
You do realize, that when someone is a law breaker, like I'm assuming this guy had done often and probably has the rap sheet to prove it, that eventually, the decision to break the law is going to catch up with you and it's usually going to end badly. Hey, when you're a criminal and that's the life you choose, that's the contract you signed.
These cops did the right thing to protect themselves and the medical staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 01:45 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I'm leery about taking sides on this based upon the video and released information by the plaintiffs attorney who if you don't know how these things work is trying to put pressure on for a fast settlement.

Attorney says he only had trace amounts of cocaine in his system...so if that's true it's pretty compelling evidence...or a lie.

I will let the courts settle this one.

I'm not going to believe EITHER side as they try to influence public opinion with half truths.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:55 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post

These cops did the right thing to protect themselves and the medical staff.
Yes … Police officers (1) have a sworn duty to protect the general public and they (2) have a right to protect themselves and only THEN to protect a suspect ...

Old 11-13-2015, 02:11 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
They DID subdue him, using a taser, which is almost always a non-lethal weapon …

But … Are you trained in "take down" … ??? When I worked on a locked mental health unit, we were all trained in doing a "take down," but that was with a minimum of four staff …

The post event analysis of any *dicey* situation is always so EASY … but on the scene then and there at the time ... isn't always such ...
Wrong, they used tasers(as in more than one), three of them over and over again. They killed him.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:16 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Wrong, they used tasers(as in more than one), three of them over and over again. They killed him.
What should the officers have done instead … ??? … and how do you know that … ??? … and what would the outcome have been … ??? … and how do you know that … ???

Old 11-13-2015, 02:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
What should the officers have done instead … ??? … and how do you know that … ??? … and what would the outcome have been … ??? … and how do you know that … ???

There were eyewitnesses including a nurse who saw all three of them taser him. He was already shackled, how many times do you need to taser someone?

There are cops who are abusive and some who shouldn't be in this line of work.

Perfect example is the female cop who just got off for shooting the guy in the back, he wasn't going anywhere, she had already tasered him. On the video she is screaming in fear like a teenage girl who just saw a large spider in the bathroom.

While there are many good cops, just like teachers, doctors, plumbers, there are some who shouldn't be in that line of work?

Old 11-13-2015, 03:17 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
There were eyewitnesses including a nurse who saw all three of them taser him. He was already shackled, how many times do you need to taser someone?

There are cops who are abusive and some who shouldn't be in this line of work.

Perfect example is the female cop who just got off for shooting the guy in the back, he wasn't going anywhere, she had already tasered him. On the video she is screaming in fear like a teenage girl who just saw a large spider in the bathroom.

While there are many good cops, just like teachers, doctors, plumbers, there are some who shouldn't be in that line of work?
I can't link the video here but I've seen several where a heavily drugged individual shook off the tasings and pulled the barbs out and kept on rampaging.

More information will come out at the trial but if you tase him twice lets say and then sit on him and he goes into cardiac arrest what do you think the lawyer would be saying? They pinned him down and he couldn't breathe.

If they let him run around and he gets hit by a car what does the laywer say? Negligence in restraining him.

His lawyer even says there were only trace amounts of coke but he was by independent accounts really drugged out.

Imagine how hard it can be to restrain someone when if there is any adverse medical event....there will be a lawyer in the press finding fault with it.

Now perhaps they did over-tase him, that will come to light at trial.

I'm just wondering if some of the posters here have ever physically restrained someone? Someone on a bad drug episode?

On the face of things....a guy in his 40's with a history of drug abuse that is high as a kite is a ticking time bomb to restrain without a cardiac event.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:03 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. Just FYI, I didn't realize that each Taser discharge is recorded. There were 20, not half a dozen. 15 of them were discharged by one officer in a matter of minutes. Keep in mind this was in front of an Emergency Room. One of the nurses said she saw all 3 police officers using their Tasers at once. Another hospital worker said he asked the police if they wanted Lambert to be examined since he was bleeding. You can see Lambert losing consciousness in the back of the police car, but they still drove away from the hospital.

Do I want someone high on cocaine in my neighborhood? No. Do I think this man probably should have been arrested? Maybe. Would he have died from a cocaine overdose? I have no idea. But that's no excuse at all for using a Taser 20 times on one man by 3 cops.

You think "maybe" he should have been arrested?

Put away your MSNBC flash cards.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:09 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
This is not a current event, it is years old regardless that the video was just released.

The event is over. In other words, it is over and not current. Maybe this should be in the medical or P&C forums. Now it is just beating dead horses.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:48 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
He was hit with tasers 20 times, during some of that you can see that he is not resisting. At one point he was hit by 3 tasers simultaneously, that's 150k volts. I wonder if the ME knew that when he claimed the guy died from cocaine intoxication which is really a bizarre cause of death. The only time I have seen anyone die from cocaine overdose is if they got into a grand mal seizure while under the influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events