Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 01:30 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So...the argument here is ... people die because of alcohol, people die because of diabetes ... if that is OK ... we should let them die of THC also. Got it. We may as well let them die of morpheme, heroin, cocaine, crack, phenobarbital, Quaalude, LSD and any thing else they want to inject, ingest or inhale. Damn diabetics are ruining it for everyone that just wants to have a good time.
Honestly, when comparing the sheer # of people who die from cannabis vs. alcohol, alcohol is FAR, FAR more dangerous. If cannabis is not legal, why should anyone be able to alter their mind? I can't stand drunks. they stink and act like morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 01:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Honestly, when comparing the sheer # of people who die from cannabis vs. alcohol, alcohol is FAR, FAR more dangerous. If cannabis is not legal, why should anyone be able to alter their mind? I can't stand drunks. they stink and act like morons.

I'm not going to lie, I like to toss back a few cold ones, but I get what you're saying about the way SOME folks act when they're drunk. I was a DJ for years in the bars and nightclubs, so I've seen the beligerence first hand! They don't call it "beer muscles" for nothing. Doesn't mean that we should ban it, because prohibition is a failure, but cannabis is indeed safer than alcohol if we're comparing the two. And continuing a war on a plant that was used for thousands of years with many wonderful uses for the sake of pandering to special interests under the guise of thinking that they know what is best for the individual is ridiculous!

Old 11-13-2015, 02:36 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm not going to lie, I like to toss back a few cold ones, but I get what you're saying about the way SOME folks act when they're drunk. I was a DJ for years in the bars and nightclubs, so I've seen the beligerence first hand! They don't call it "beer muscles" for nothing. Doesn't mean that we should ban it, because prohibition is a failure, but cannabis is indeed safer than alcohol if we're comparing the two. And continuing a war on a plant that was used for thousands of years with many wonderful uses for the sake of pandering to special interests under the guise of thinking that they know what is best for the individual is ridiculous!
Never mind how people act. ODs and other negative health effects of alcohol are major, they pretty much dont exist for pot.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:18 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Here we go again.. POT fatal accidents double in Washington since legalization
Well, at least you got the "Here we go again" part right.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:22 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
http://wtsc.wa.gov/wp-content/upload...es_Oct2015.pdf

"It is not the purpose or within the scope of this report to establish crash risk due to marijuana.
Therefore, the information in this report cannot be used to determine if marijuana is or is not causing
fatal crashes"

And that is direct from the Washington Traffic Safety Commision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
So why are you blaming "POT" in your thread title?
The title of the OP's thread bleeds agendized bs...

Old 11-13-2015, 04:18 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,956,535 times
But, everyone of the pothead persuasion wanted it and you were intolerant, mean-spirited and racist for not wanting it. So, let them have their pot and their increased road kill. Seems only reasonable thing to do.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:26 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,520 times
I visited Seattle several weeks ago, what a a dump, all you see are homeless and doped up people everywhere. Pot should not be legal to the extent where people are smoking and rolling up marijuana cigarettes in full view on the streets everywhere, quality of life is severely threatened by this, I won;t be back.

It is illegal to walk down the street drinking alcohol, I don't understand how marijuana use is allowed in this fashion here.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:42 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,932,439 times
I've been smoking pot since I was 14, and never been in a fatal accident, in fact it has been 20 years since I've even had an accident while driving. I only have a vague recollection of my 1 near fatal (to me) accident, I was drunk that night........

Old 11-13-2015, 05:00 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
In other news, somebody died from diabetes. We should ban food.
Apples-to-oranges; food is essential to survival while MJ is not.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:23 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,110,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
This report squares with my seat of the pants probation experiences and how we have a much higher.... now 50 percent population self reporting DUI with MJ and alcohol since we enacted 420/215. Our county averages about 100-125 new DUIs per month.. that means about 60 plus are ADMITTING to using pot and or pot and alcohol...
Provide a source or it's a meaningless anecdote.

Quote:
Every one a potential murderer in a 4000 pound bullet

Report Examines Marijuana Positive Drivers Involved in Deadly Crashes | Washington Traffic

Being the ultimate in PC it leaves the reader to make up their own mind
Yes, I actually read said article and understand statistics. Going from 81 drivers testing positive for MJ in one year to 89 the next is normal statistical variation.

And only 8% of the drivers assigned in a fatal crash tested positive for MJ only and not other drugs in combination. (Also, that doesn't even mean they were the driver at fault).

This source appears to prove the opposite of your agenda.

Quote:
Ask the 6 year old killed on Halloween in Washington State by the stoned driver... and what her parents think about pot

Pedestrian Deaths Soar in Vancouver with Legal Pot

Driver in Vancouver's fatal Halloween crash had smoked pot | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Yes, that's a tragedy. It's also a single anecdote rather than statistical evidence and tells us nothing of value beyond that the driver is probably a criminal.

Quote:
All of this conveniently explained away by proponents,, in this case High TImes

Radical Rant: Washington State Marijuana Traffic Fatality Data Tell Us Nothing | High Times
High Times is not a serious news source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events